• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
itt: people forget that most mid and low tiers have significantly better recoveries than Falco.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I have now seen Toon Link described as the best character in the game, the worst character in the game, and a perfect mid-tier.

Job well done if you ask me.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I don't how to feel about Tink. I really do enjoy picking him up but I'm just not feeling like I'm pushing him far enough. There definitely has to be some tools he has to justify the much weaker recovery. Guess I'll just have to see what others are doing with Tink then.

Link, on the other hand, is amazing.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ph00t: what people fail to realize is that despite Falco's lack of distance, it's the difficult to react to, flexible options he has in recovering that makes his recovery not abysmal.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
It's pretty bad in lenght, though he has a few tools like Wall Jump and two recovery B moves. It's still no good by any stretch, but better than some like Brawl's Diddy or Melee's Captain Falcon.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Actually, trying to get Brawl Diddy's recovery in Brawl is pretty parallel to trying to get Falco's in Melee Vigi.

It's surprisingly more flexible than you'd think.

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty bad in lenght, though he has a few tools like Wall Jump and two recovery B moves. It's still no good by any stretch, but better than some like Brawl's Diddy or Melee's Captain Falcon.
Except it is good.

Go through the characters and decide which have a better recovery than Falco.

Because right now I'm looking at it and I'm seeing Fox, Jigglypuff, Peach, Samus, Mewtwo, and Zelda. I'm unsure about Marth, Pika, and Pichu.

When thinking about recoveries you really need to take in every factor, not just the length.

EDIT: This post was about melee only, not Project M. My b.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Except it is good.

Because right now I'm looking at it and I'm seeing Fox, Jigglypuff, Peach, Samus, Mewtwo, and Zelda. I'm unsure about Marth, Pika, and Pichu.

When thinking about recoveries you really need to take in every factor, not just the length.

EDIT: This post was about melee only, not Project M. My b.
Ganondorf and CF should go on that list as well. Their Up Bs aren't all that great, but if you take into account the fact that both of them get a jump out of Down B, their horizontal recovery suddenly becomes fairly good as long as they were flung on a diagonal upwards.

oksas

oak-sauce
After playing around with Ike more, I completely understand the decision to give him a crap recovery. He's such a beast on stage that he would be flat out broken if he even had a recovery as bad as Falco's.

:phone:
it's still not even that bad though. the only time he's not going to make it back is when he's knocked down to one of the corners of the screen; otherwise his up works well, or you can get a big enough charge on his QD to at least make a walljump. also, speaking of wall jumps, the way we've got our neutrals/counterpicks setup, half of the neutrals grant him even greater recovery (either because stage extends all the way downwards or at least partially). so especially if you get one of those stages, killing Ike sideways is so much harder than knocking him up or spiking him.

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf and CF should go on that list as well. Their Up Bs aren't all that great, but if you take into account the fact that both of them get a jump out of Down B, their horizontal recovery suddenly becomes fairly good as long as they were flung on a diagonal upwards.
LOL. Down B recovery is so situational. Ganondorf and CF's recoveries are absolute **** when you take into account how predictable and easy to gimp they are.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Except it is good.

Marth's recovery is pretty bad as far as actually working goes. He literally has to sweetspot the ledge every time or he's just sent back off. Pikachu's is better than Falco's, Pichu's is the same as or slightly worse than his.

Other characters with probably better than Falco's recovery are Sheik, Link, Young Link (though it is generally considered Bad for his weight class), and, depending on the situation, Doc (Massive, easy sweet spot which is better against gimps), Mario (Still relatively large sweet spot and slightly longer recovery otherwise) Yoshi (At percents where his armor won't break, after which Falco's is better), and Luigi if Down B has been charged.

Uncharged down B Luigi is probably tied with Roy for worst recovery.

Disregard that, Kirby has the worst recovery in the game. No priority on anything while coming back, slow, and predictable; horrible sweet spot.

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
I can't take anyone seriously that says that Link, Doc, and Mario have better recoveries than Falco.

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand how anyone would take links up b and zair over falcos side b and up b (recovery-wise)

:phone:

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Unless falco sweetspots the ledge all the time, his recovery is pretty ****ty.

But I must agree, falco's recovery is more flexible than most recoveries in the game even with such a little distance it can cover.

Still, most characters have a very easy time edgeguarding him anyway.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Youngling said:
I don't understand how anyone would take links up b and zair over falcos side b and up b (recovery-wise)
Then don't try to understand. You've given your input, already. If those with whom you were trying to imbue knowledge don't start to see things from your perspective, then either present stronger evidence, or just stop there. There's no use in saying, essentially, "I don't get why your perspective on [topic] isn't the same as mine (ours)". I'm reiterating myself over and over again; but this thread doesn't need to be clustered up with meaningless discussions and brash posts such as the ones you've been making, recently.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Hi,

PMBR is not concerned with any issues found with attempting to use content not included in Project M. This is because it would lead to us trying to troubleshoot for people who aren't even trying to access Project M content. We hope you understand!
I know that, I wasn't even expecting answer from the PMBR, just other people trying to do the same thing

Sanity, I found the issue. Delete the Pictochat stage and rel from the projectm folders, create a folder called "stages", put it under "brawlmods", and put the stage and rel there.
Thanks bro, gonna try it out right now

BTW went to that tourny in Framingham and played project M, I hate fighting Peach lol even though I thought Link had a good matchup against her in melee, I hate fighting Jigglypuff too damnit

MaxThunder

PM Support
lol... calling someone stupid cause their opinion is made up of words from a language that more than 356.5 people all over the world speak on a daily basis... reminds me of the old miller who fell under his own sock...

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Monk. :/

In other news. I love Sonic... Could never play him in Brawl, minus or plus. But somehow, in PM, he's just so natural to me.

Favorite trick when the opponent is in the air is homing attack -> side-b -> jump -> reverse side-b. If your opponent jumps, they get hit by the first side-b; if they fall, they get hit on the ground by the second since you shoot diagonally down. Makes for fun mixups :D I haven't tested it on knowledgable DI though since my opponents get confused every time I do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom