• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It is a TAS, so basically a program does it for you.
It's called "tool assisted", not "tool does it for you".

You still have to do all the inputs yourself, just as if you were playing normally on an emulator. The programs let you maximize your inputs and do everything at the maximum possible speed that the game itself allows.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
I don't think the custom textures feature for the Riivo setup is working, I put the .pac files in brawlmods/stages and the custom textures feature is turned on in the Riivolution menu but they don't load

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't think the custom textures feature for the Riivo setup is working, I put the .pac files in brawlmods/stages and the custom textures feature is turned on in the Riivolution menu but they don't load
Indeed. Use Gecko OS if you'd like to use custom textures.

iLink

Smash Champion
What? Before my wii stopped reading disks, I used textures on riivolution/p:m all the time. There's a folder you have to put the character textures in in the brawlmods folder. The stages you have to put directly with the rest of the stages in the p:m folder. The one difference I found is for SV you have to rename the files to STGVILLAGE_0X_en.pac If other stage textures aren't working, try putting the "_en" at the end of the name.

For characters, make a folder named "textures" in the brawlmods folder. Treat it like the fighter folder and just make a folder for the character and put the texture inside of that.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
What? Before my wii stopped reading disks, I used textures on riivolution/p:m all the time. There's a folder you have to put the character textures in in the brawlmods folder. The stages you have to put directly with the rest of the stages in the p:m folder. The one difference I found is for SV you have to rename the files to STGVILLAGE_0X_en.pac If other stage textures aren't working, try putting the "_en" at the end of the name.

For characters, make a folder named "textures" in the brawlmods folder. Treat it like the fighter folder and just make a folder for the character and put the texture inside of that.
That makes sense, I wanted to swap Pictochat with the Club stage but it freezes, and I know Pictchat has an _en at the end of the name on the brawl disc so I'll try that

Indeed. Use Gecko OS if you'd like to use custom textures.
Nah, you're limited to 2 GB then, I can't add all my music in that way, let alone any custom textures

Oldeeber

Smash Cadet
i know it was tool assisted, but what were the inputs? did u cancel it with a shield cuz it doesnt look like it.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
I like ROB...
I feel like he's a natural extension of his vBrawl counterpart, who fortunately was my main. However, because of this I've been playing around with other characters more (to try out all the shiny new characters), but I intend on getting back to him.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That makes sense, I wanted to swap Pictochat with the Club stage but it freezes, and I know Pictchat has an _en at the end of the name on the brawl disc so I'll try that

Nah, you're limited to 2 GB then, I can't add all my music in that way, let alone any custom textures
X:\brawlmods\textures\fighter\

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
I was able to fix the SD card problem. Now I have another issue. I was going through my music and when I picked Metal Cavern (Mushroomy Kingdom), game crashes/freezes and makes an obnoxious sound.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
You need to get a My Music Fix GCT that's made for Muschroomy Kingdom. That will fix your issue.

ST and I are going to stream for an hour or so in a bit if anyone is interested.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
For the record, I vote to have the sonic glitch where he rockets down during the second side b midair stay. I've been incorporating it.
I'ts not really even a glitch
side-b>jump>side-b would be too good of a recovery. works fine how it is now.

also sometimes when I jump out of a charged spinshot....the jump carries the spinshot momentum and I usually plummet to my death since you can't jump again....is this a bug?

Kati

Smash Lord
And the wall collisions right under the ledges do not allow wall jumps. If you downloaded a texture for the stage, then the maker might have kept the VBrawl collision data, which has even more patches along the walls where you can't wall jump off of.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Damnit, tried to replace Pictochat with the KKMM Club stage, but it froze despite having the right .rel and everything, do many random freezes/things not working with custom stuff, are these known problems fro Riivolution?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
And the wall collisions right under the ledges do not allow wall jumps. If you downloaded a texture for the stage, then the maker might have kept the VBrawl collision data, which has even more patches along the walls where you can't wall jump off of.
I'm pretty sure I made the entire walls able to be wall jumped off of. Look at the stage collisions in brawlbox to confirm your finding

:phone:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Damnit, tried to replace Pictochat with the KKMM Club stage, but it froze despite having the right .rel and everything, do many random freezes/things not working with custom stuff, are these known problems fro Riivolution?
Having the exact same issue, but with Grand Stadium. This doesn't happen with hackless/HBC. I gave up and decided to put it over Icicle Mountain since it's unused and has a fair number of songs.

EDIT: Never mind. It's still not working.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
After playing around with Ike more, I completely understand the decision to give him a crap recovery. He's such a beast on stage that he would be flat out broken if he even had a recovery as bad as Falco's.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hi,

PMBR is not concerned with any issues found with attempting to use content not included in Project M. This is because it would lead to us trying to troubleshoot for people who aren't even trying to access Project M content. We hope you understand!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Sanity, I found the issue. Delete the Pictochat stage and rel from the projectm folders, create a folder called "stages", put it under "brawlmods", and put the stage and rel there.

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
After playing around with Ike more, I completely understand the decision to give him a crap recovery. He's such a beast on stage that he would be flat out broken if he even had a recovery as bad as Falco's.

It amazes me how people think Falco's recovery is bad.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I know right? I remember lists having him at like 3rd worst or some ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom