• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Why would you turn tap jump off? lol
I played with it off for years and got used to it, I can't do up-tilts with it on, it screws my game up, why what's the advantage of having it on? I thought all pros played with it off

Is Link a good example of that as well?
Not as much as Mario, I hate Mario, he's so ridiculous lol, cape kills Link's projectile game and Link can't do jack **** about his fireballs

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I played with it off for years and got used to it, I can't do up-tilts with it on, it screws my game up, why what's the advantage of having it on? I thought all pros played with it off
Spacies (and almost anyone with JC techs) usually want tap jump on. I'm accustomed to JC Shine without it though and it personally makes waveshining easier for me.

Not as much as Mario, I hate Mario, he's so ridiculous lol, cape kills Link's projectile game and Link can't do jack **** about his fireballs
Does Nair not beat out fireballs? I'm asking because I don't know.

StanDaMan

Smash Rookie
is it me or does the A.I. in Project M seems to play like an actual human and not a ******** nOob and on level 9 **** you until scream NOOOO!!! I'm impressed :D

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah i might end up only using that font if i can't find a good quality version of the brawl SSB text...

I'm of having it look similar to previous SSB covers... with in game pictures... will sorta pay homage to the brawl cover... slightly... but i'm aiming for a more melee-ish look for it... I'm not really good at explaining stuff... i'm working on a rough version of the design now, though... for the finished version i need good quality pics from someone with usb gecko, though... like Strong_Bad, who was nice and volunteered=)...
actually i won't be able to do this, unless you send me a replay and a time lol

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Spacies (and almost anyone with JC techs) usually want tap jump on. I'm accustomed to JC Shine without it though and it personally makes waveshining easier for me.

Damnit, Falco's my secondary

it does but it creates and extra second of lag where Mario can easily use his cape

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Updated that one Metal Cavern background to demo 2 by request.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26095&Moderated=All
looks good...is there a P:M version of this? http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24946

Hey guys, here is a video of my wolf. Give suggestions and constructive criticism ( on my smash skills, not my horrible video making skills )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpekScyPvA8&feature=plcp
-work on your blaster. you don't have the timing down yet.
-don't side-b onto stage so much, a good player would have punished all those missed side-b's
-you gotta incorporate more shine into your playstyle. It seemed like you were having trouble setting up for kills. try some nair>shines
-you need to grab more, his b-throw is really good. You can chaingrab a lot of characters, if they try to DI away u can follow up with a dash attack. Or u can just punished a missed tech with an f-smash. You can also catch them off guard with f-throw>side-b.
-u missed a lot of easy edgeguards, use d-smash or the back of u-smash. It has a deadly angle

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Dammit, I have a couple of replays but I don't have a way to record them right now. My brother and I have had a couple of decent matches plus some lulz.

EDIT: I haven't really listened to Kid Icarus: Uprising's soundtrack (or played the game), but I was looking into it because I figured there were some good tunes to pick from. And damn I was right too. I think Skyworld will be seeing some more use now.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
really?.. how so?..

that might be a bit hard to get accurate...

wait, would it work if i sent you snapshots, or is it losing quality already at that point?...
losing quality already. what you do is you go into a game and take a snapshot, then you save the replay of it and send both to me. then i recreate it in high quality.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
nah, he just needs to sex kick more. that one move could shut down almost all of doc's game in melee. unless pmbr did something ******** to fireballs, it should still just go straight through them and continue into mario's face.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Should be. I just downloaded it myself and I'm going to boot up P:M soon enough after I add a billion more songs.

On a semi-related note to file replacement, the beachville replacement I did isn't showing up in game. I replaced all of the village files properly and everything.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
so I need a little help getting this to run.

I'm using USB loader GX and I can't figure out how to get it to read project M. I downloaded all the info onto my SD card. but i don't really see an option to load SD cheats

Bones0

Smash Legend
It allows you to up-B and usmash out of a dash, run, and shield. It's also helpful for more specific things like shine-bairing/dairing as spacies, or jumping out of a shine you held for more than a half-second (because you can't let go of B to jump out). You can't even turn it off in Melee.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
[20:59] <@SHeLL> it's like a low budget
[21:00] <@SHeLL> late night infomercial
[21:00] <@SHeLL> on a pron network

Also, Xat is terrible. As well as the music choice.

Kati

Smash Lord
I've noticed in two videos now that people can start a vs mode match by themselves (just one character), but whenever I try, I "win" the match as soon as it starts...

...?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Why Xat over the IRC? Xat is a godawful chat client.
Because it lets you add crazy symbols to your name! Just take a look at all the wonderful people who are online now...

They asked me to add my FC to my username, so I did. But some of them went above and beyond the minimum requirements that were asked of them.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Xat isn't all that great I know, but IRC is just boring as hell. Too plane jane for my taste lawl. It lacks customization. Plus I'm not comfortable with IRC nerds knowing my IP and global location without my permission. >.>

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Xat isn't all that great I know, but IRC is just boring as hell. Too plane jane for my taste lawl. It lacks customization. Plus I'm not comfortable with IRC nerds knowing my IP and global location without my permission. >.>
And the people in the IRC would do what with your IP address..?

IRC is a lot cleaner than xat which is another reason I don't like xat. Also, if everyone is going to that xat chat, what will become of fsmash.org?

:phone:

PrinceOfDalaam

Smash Apprentice
So I know SSE isn't a high priority but I thought I'd mention this. In one of the ship levels(I think the bomb factory?) I was pikachu at the part with all the orange moving platforms. If I stayed in that area trying to hop to different platforms for too long the game would freeze. This didn't happen when i was mario however.

Like I said, just a singleplayer issue, just thought I'd throw that out there if it hasn't already been mentioned.

Kati

Smash Lord
Time match... check.

Ganon as viable against Bowser and Charizard and everyone else... check. My brother wasn't integrating the flame-choke into melee Ganon's play style, but once he did.... : ( no more win streaks for me.

Which is good : )

But now I have to ask, is there any point in using Ganon's flame-choke on the ground? it is ridiculously easy to tech, and Ganon throws people behind him half the time... it seems that short hopping first is a must.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Short-hopping it is more useful, imo... but anyways, you won't lnd in front of them if you hold back oe down-back on the control stick...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Any reason why only Mario, Link, and DK are the only characters available in the SSE? It's not a huge deal, but I'd rather know and see if there's a way around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom