• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPDP

Smash Ace
To think how far we've come since the only codes we had were No Tripping, Melee Airdodge (the really wonky one), and S-Canceling. And people were actually calling that Melee 2.0! Who'd have thought we would one day come to very nearly recreate Melee's gameplay engine?

Of course, it took a little more effort than just a couple of codes, but it's the destination that counts.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Lucas had, and still likely has the highest DPS pummel in the game. The animation was really oddly jerky, though, so I smoothed it out a bit to read better.

The interrupt point is a little later, lowering the DPS slightly to keep U-throw from killing at stupidly low percents -- it's now IASA frame 20 or 21 iirc, so you can do three pummels per second, you just have to get a feel for the timing again.
I know I just feel like I got it nerfed because I kept pummel to upthrowing Shadic. If it wasn't drastically reduced in DPS that's fine, I just thought it was a bit of a knee jerk nerf. Honestly you should have just nerfed Uthrow instead if it plus pummel was killing too early.

EDIT: still having those SSS problems......maybe I need a new SD card or something. At least most of the neutrals work.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
The fixed camera is honestly one of my favorite things in the new demo, it was one of the biggest things (if not he biggest thing) that made me go "well it's like Melee...but not exactly" about he earlier builds.

Also, if this is not your character select music you're honestly missing out on half the experience.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
This isn't really news, but apparently CPU Link knows how to airdodge correctly. I've been using him as my training bag and he'll occasionally airdodge back onto the stage to recover.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
I like how Ness turned out. The only thing that Im questioning is the necessity of the faster Dair. The new timing throws me off of my game with him, and is less satisfying since you had to sacrifice power for speed.

Continuing with the Mother boys, I HATE Lucas. Did he always jump that high? Was his double jump so low? Was he that fast? I dont know but I liked him more slow, he's just too fast (and his aerials weaker?)

The rest of the Melee cast are good. Gonna experiment with the newcomers later.

oksas

oak-sauce
hdt, your post reminds me. we should definitely get some people to compile a really nice, organized, well-documented texture/music/stage pack for this. complete with common5 stage portrait edits and all that. as of right now i could spend hours finding new music and textures and trying to make everything look sweet.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone tried wavebouncing Marth's Side-B? It's super lulzy.

In addition to being lulzy, I think I may have inadvertently discovered a new edgeguarding method.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Im not gonna lie. I love Lucas, but I loathe his new Bair. I infinatly preferred the one he had in Demo 1. It just worked.... It was a great pop-up on the ground and it perfectly followed up his d-throw, and it meteored if you timed it right, which anyone who played him in Brawl knew how to do.

Demo1 dthrow->bair->usmash was really good and worked like 90%of the time. But it doesnt work anymore, and dair doesnt work in its place.

Also it was one of the best moves to RAR with because of it's unique properties. It was a pop up so there was reason to RAR it, unlike most bairs which are strong hitting GTFO Ko moves, there is no reason to rar with these moves, when SHFFLing is a superior option with them, and lucas now has one of these type of moves.

The current Bair kinda reminds me of FOX's in Brawl, it was strong, but it was hard to hit, with and ultimatly you had better options to kill anyway so it was barely used. So far from the times I have played Lucas, I have barely used Bair, DJC Fair and Dair are better approach options, and quite frankly his Usmash, and fsmash are what i look to for the kill.

I know it probably wont be reverted back at this point, but I just feel his older Bair worked better with the rest of his move-set.

I think everything else is good with Lucas, especially that DACUS, good god so easy to do and so powerful.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Are you guys going to fix the random option in the patch so it doesnt pick Mario like 1/4th of the time? That's fixable right? Since in demo 1 i don't think that was an issue, and if it was he would have appeared a whole lot ._.

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu is AMAZING. The amount of speed you can achieve from Quick Attack Cancelling to aerial is amazing. I don't even need to dash anymore. I QAC everywhere, pop up behind the character with an Uair, and start a 50% combo. The different angles, and possibilities are ridiculous. I think I'm in love.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Great post Yeroc! I hope the Peach-loving camera issue get's sorted out for the upcoming patch.

Also, it seems the random select can pick a character with the same color as your's. The chances of this happening are really low, but just pointing that out. Yes, I was using Mario when this happened. >_>

This isn't a question, because I have given up on it. I did what you said and it became very glitchy. So **** it.
You must be doing something wrong. Was the problem fixed when you removed the file? Was your SD locked? Was the "texture" a vertex or a model import? Those two, especially the latter, can cause some really awkward stuff. Models can even drop the frame rate.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Alright sweet! Thanks for the quick response Monk.

Anywho, this demo is amazingly fun. I've had a 2 day long smash fest with people from my college playing this. I really love Charizard and Bowser. They're so beastly. Looking forward to the patch!

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Also, it seems the random select can pick a character with the same color as your's. The chances of this happening are really low, but just pointing that out.
That could happen in vBrawl. Though it was exceedingly rare. I think I had it happen once. But there is a youtube vid out there somewhere that showed it around when brawl was released.

Why I remember that I dont know lol.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Same for why Falcon's Up and Down taunts are swapped?
They were swapped to:
1) Make more sense aesthetically (He stands up straight and salutes, why is that on 'down'?
2) To properly resemble Melee's. Was confusing to people who weren't familiar with Brawl's odd taunt mapping.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It allows you to more easily taunt cancel it if you use the footstool command mapped to a face button.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Will Japanese text be a Riivolution option in the patch?
I'm only assuming it's not already on because I don't have my Wii right now.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I think this is because of the changes (and lack thereof) applied to many characters. You feel Marth is dull because there is nothing "new" about him, nothing shiny. But give this demo a few months to work itself out and I promise many will go flocking back to Falcon, Marth, Pika, etc. simply because they are done experimenting with the shiny new chars and remember why they loved the old ones to begin with.

In regards to the lack of focus, maybe that is true, or maybe you just haven't gotten a good feel for the character(s) yet (considering the demo has been out 1 day).
Nah I hate to say it but he is right in a sense. The only time I played someone like Fox/Falco/Marth was simply when someone was being a *** while I was exploring a complex character like Lucario for example and I got tired of it and just played someone I was familiar with. Now that I got a sense of Pit I retreat to him as well. Marth is still the same old marth but I sense that my theory on him in terms of WCS may actually come to fruition. Especially with shields being how they are now. The new characters and revamped ones are way to fun. Luigi is alot different then before. Only people who main him or used him can tell.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
anybody know where i can get a wii for cheap so i can play this?
i have brawl but no wii :(
Go on craigslist.com and see what you can find! :) Remember to get a white, 1st gen wii. NOT a black one, cuz it isn't backwards compatible with GC for some STUPID reason! Therefore, the black wii has no GC controller ports- SO DON'T BUY IT! :)

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Thoughts:

Falco still feels wack as hell. Jump speed seems slow, I end up full jumping when wavedashing.

Fox feels not like Fox, but not too bad.

Falcon feels better.

Airdodging seems too fast. Wavelanding with Falco, I go through platforms a lot.

I also turn around a lot when I shouldn't.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Just ftr since a bunch of people asked me I'm working on a music pack for P:M. Hope to have it done this weekend. Just been working a lot so not much time to do it.

`dazrin

Smash Champion

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Just came by to say a couple of tid bits.

1. R.O.B. is the ****. Yes there was no better expression for this.

2. Sonic feels nice, but I kinda miss his old side-b tic grabs.

3. Falcon to me feels exactly like Melee. I can't speak for any of the other vets, but great job on Falcon. That is all.

lil T

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I changed my mind about waiting. Due to popular demand, I've fixed my BattleSkiff texture for demo 2.

Please report any (visual) glitches to me, if there are any.

Download on BrawlVault

Direct download: http://www.mediafire.com/?zrj4o236czpss4f
Interesting, Ill try it.
I like how Ness turned out. The only thing that Im questioning is the necessity of the faster Dair.
The rest of the Melee cast are good. Gonna experiment with the newcomers later.
i dont like His instant Dair at all :/ and I hate how Side-B still work if shielding
But that is just annoying to me. as for the Dair I don't really think it needs to be that damn fast...

G

genkaku

I have played as random against a random cpu for about 2 hours and there have been 3 matches without at least one of us ending up as mario. How?

lil T

Smash Journeyman
I have played as random against a random cpu for about 2 hours and there have been 3 matches without at least one of us ending up as mario. How?
OMG! ok i thought it was just me! lol
I swear every time i play an random cpu
there's an 8.59/10 chance it'll be Mario
lol

Ecks

Smash Lord
Speaking of Link, there's nothing more hilarious/embarrassing than Link "batting" a bomb right into the opponent and falling to his death when missing a bomb jump. Had me laughing for a while.

And I see you guys added his melee taunt. I personally prefer the fairy taunt.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Link may be the 2nd best zoner now his wall of projectiles is a menice to get around, only behind the still stoooooooopid falco laser. I dont think anyone can outcamp falco.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting a freeze on subspace starting a level from a clean install of PM homebrew version.

A level where I play link, pit, mario, and yoshi or kirby.

Scratch that.. Subspace just doesn't work at all. I tried a new game. froze right after I picked mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom