• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPDP

Smash Ace
well, how is it done.. if it is real
Charge Ike's QD for about three seconds, then tap the button right when he's inside the opponent.

I thought it was a joke too, because I couldn't get it to work for the life of me, until I actually did. I expected awesome, and I got the coolest ****ing thing I've ever seen, right up there with Yojimbo's Zanmato from FFX.

lil T

Smash Journeyman
IDK if this is already known or not but few a few minutes ago i was playing P:M online (using Wifi safe)
and i picked charizard, when i tried to do down b he switch to squirtle and when i died he switched as well. when he switch into Squirtle, he cant jump lol

That and Lucas Froze online..Now im not sure if it does all the time but i picked him twice and he froze both times and i don't have any textures for him neither did my friend.

Besides that, the game is Great! all those problems only happen online.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
When I use the codes the SSS is the same. When I go to mushroomy kingdom it's just a completely black void with a floor and walk off sides.

Probably my SD card though, I'll try redownloading it.

Lucas pummel changes get all of my why. All of them.
Lucas had, and still likely has the highest DPS pummel in the game. The animation was really oddly jerky, though, so I smoothed it out a bit to read better.

The interrupt point is a little later, lowering the DPS slightly to keep U-throw from killing at stupidly low percents -- it's now IASA frame 20 or 21 iirc, so you can do three pummels per second, you just have to get a feel for the timing again.

lil T

Smash Journeyman
Someone recently told us about that charizard glitch. Thanks for letting us know, though.
Ah ok ok..

lil T, launch Brawl and select Lucas. If he freezes on your Brawl, then that is an issue on your end.
EDIT: Oh, that's on wifi.
VBrawl? or project M?

Cause i played a few match offline befor i went online and it didt freeze

If VBrawl then I'll check
Just saw your edit, yeah it an online issue i had

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Kaizo13, about the wario bite issue, we don't seem to be able to reproduce it. Have you tried redownloading/restarting your wii/reformatting your SD card?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
HEYO JC!!

So remember how on stream you said you would post up the music that you put on your version of P:M?

well.. hehe :D please???!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

PS: [to be fair, i tried adding some already, and man.. it took me a hella long time just to download 10 songs. And on top of that, I have NO idea which titles to replace, and I tried replacing the "less appealing" music selections, but alot of them I don't even have unlocked or I forget which songs I put over which titles, so yeah basically I'm just a big noob who was so passionate that he wanted custom music that he researched how to do it all himself and kinda failed.]
I did. Or do you mean you want me to upload my sound/strm folder so you can use my exact songlist? I can do that if you want.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
There's no code for that; that would be the File Patch Code for edits to characters, textures, stages, etc. Which is already being used in Project M. Just get a sonic texture, name it to be FitSonic0#, # being the number it goes over, and put it in pf/fighter/sonic

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Kaizo13, about the wario bite issue, we don't seem to be able to reproduce it. Have you tried redownloading/restarting your wii/reformatting your SD card?
really? i don't have textures or anything...and it froze on both .gct's. I haven't messed with character .pacs either

i really don't think it's my SD card

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Questions I have to ask:

Any reason why Fox's Up taunt has no speech?
Same for why Falcon's Up and Down taunts are swapped?

Also, I ran into a small instance where I'm sure Charizard (CPU) managed a wall jump. Is this possible?

Revven

FrankerZ
Every character can walltech jump, that's probably what you saw Xinc.

As far as the other two things, people are more used to SMYM to be Utaunt than Dtaunt and Fox's voice SFX for Utaunt was a little "eh".

Morin0

Smash Lord
I haven't tried out the demo yet but how easy is it to use Luigi's fire punch? In Melee, it's pretty hard to hit it in the air and a tiny bit easier in the ground but still hard. I wish his fire punch was easy to land like in 64.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I haven't tried out the demo yet but how easy is it to use Luigi's fire punch? In Melee, it's pretty hard to hit it in the air and a tiny bit easier in the ground but still hard. I wish his fire punch was easy to land like in 64.
It's supposed to be the same as Melee. I recently tried it. You have to be directly in front of the opponent to "Sucker Punch" them.

On another unrelated note, I can't use getup attacks with the B button (Gamecube controller) ._.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Yeah, we know about the B button not doing ledge attack as well.
Intentional or no?

I really need to stop remembering all my questions after I post. So this should be my last one for a while... inb4 I get infracted for spam.

Ike's quickdraw when not holding B: his quickdraw can pass the ledge and he goes into helpless, falling to his death.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
We want you all to enjoy the game we're making. We really do. But we also want to make sure that it's balanced, so that you can continue to enjoy it for as long as Melee has been around. Toward that end, we have implemented design choices that we believe to be in the best interest of the competitive viability of the game. We have presented to you what we believe to be the most complete versions of these characters, and that they all prove to be if not prodigous in a competitive environment, then at the very least viable. Realistically, we know how remote that possibility is. We recognize the likelihood that we haven't quite gotten it entirely right. But that's a rather large part of why we release demos in the first place. We're looking to gain insight from you all that we couldn't hope to glean on our own in the same amount of time. We're looking to you all to help us explore the burgeoning competitive metagame, and help us find the deficiencies. But calling for substantial nerfs or buffs on the first days of playing isn't doing anybody any favors.

We therefore beg of you all, please, give the game an honest chance before coming to us clamoring for balance changes. If you play this game as if it's a final release, putting out of your minds any notion of a future revision or patch, and put in the work to find out just how effective the moves or strategies are that are giving you problems today, and how to counter them, you'll not only be doing us a service by providing a more complete picture of how our game stacks up, but you'll be doing yourselves a favor as players. You don't get better by complaining that something is cheap, or unfair, or broken. You get better by learning how to adapt to it and to beat it despite its effectiveness. Not trying to belittle anybody's attempts to learn a new game, but look at it from a more macroscopic perspective: if something truly is imbalanced, it will become rather apparent as a matter of course. Enough of you will come forward with "I've tried EVERYTHING to beat X character, and nothing works!" There will be tournament results, and videos, showing us just how effective such a tactic is. We'll see it, not in the details of one person's complaint, but by watching the trends of the greater scene. But it only works if you guys all do the work to try and counter it using other tactics before coming to us about it. So please. We're not trying to dissuade you from bothering us trivially, we're trying to help you all help us make the game better.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Died while reading, eyes turned to mushy bloo liquid, zombie PEEF came back to request TL;DR.

Revven

FrankerZ
And just to clarify, any sort of "patches"/"updates" to Demo 2 (since Yeroc... decided to mention it) are only for bug fixes. And they won't be super often or anything, this one is just so close because of the overwhelming amount of serious bugs and issues with certain aspects of the game you've all pointed out within the last two days.

So don't worry about the game changing at all with any of these things. Just bug fixes, that is it. Any tournaments this weekend can rest easy and use the current release, everything's fine. Don't hold them off just because of a bug fix version coming out on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom