• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm super hype for pit, though. Anyone wana chat about pit over messenger? :D

:phone:
Whenever you get to a computer, join smashmods and join in on the Pit discussion going on! You can freely ask questions there and someone is surely to answer at some point and it also makes it easier for us to consolidate any and all feedback. :) (Also, it may take up to 24 hours for an account to be verified due to spam bots, we apologize for any inconvenience because of this).

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i already have an account. Madeitf after g2, lol.

I don't own a computer, so add me on aim/MSN, lol. My phone doesn't handle Java or flash very well.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Pit is somewhere between a main and secondary for me; I've been using him a lot ever since I've been in the BR and hence know a decent bit of stuff about him. I'm busy now, but am fine if you ever want to talk about stuff on AIM later.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Shine oos and wd oos felt weird, but otherwise it only took me a few minutes to adjust to the differences in games.

I played a bunch of lil lank and old lank amd they seemed sick as ****.

I'm super hype for pit, though. Anyone wana chat about pit over messenger? :D

Frame 1 Physics thing would explain the shine OOS and shoulder buttons being the same button also in the OP.

Carroll, what do you mean?

tripwire

Smash Journeyman
Hey i just wanna say thanks to the PMBR, I got to play the demo yesterday, it is so fun and everything feels smooth to me. Loving all the melee vets, especially Peach. Lucario is an insane character in this one, Lucas seems promising with his new moveset, and doing glide into Dair spike is amazing with Pit. Will Hopefully have some videos up showing off somethings I've done.

Are you guys still accepting applications for playtesters, i am surprised there isnt one for Illinois/Indiana.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Hey i just wanna say thanks to the PMBR, I got to play the demo yesterday, it is so fun and everything feels smooth to me. Loving all the melee vets, especially Peach. Lucario is an insane character in this one, Lucas seems promising with his new moveset, and doing glide into Dair spike is amazing with Pit. Will Hopefully have some videos up showing off somethings I've done.

Are you guys still accepting applications for playtesters, i am surprised there isnt one for Illinois/Indiana.
Indiana = Me and LittleEngland. IDK if LE is still active at all, but I am. I'm just in England for one semester and I'll be back to rep the Hoosier Nation in less than a month =]

Revven

FrankerZ
For the moment, we're sort of... taking a break from actual development and progress so right now we're not in much need of playtesters (just a short break!) But you are still free to apply if you want to, reviewing applications might just be a tad slow due to all the support we're giving in the IRC, here, smashmods, and other outlets. :)

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
SO Standard toaster, Im not sure if you ever got your answer last night or not, but pressing up on hte cstick while on the ledge makes you do a ledge hop. Forward on the c-stick makes the character do a standard get-up. and down and back make your character fall off the ledge.

Also DDD is awesome

Revven

FrankerZ
I mean my tech skill was just sooooo off. I guess I just got used to the PM fox. I think I'm just gonna stay away from pm fox..
Probably the 1 frame difference stuff. Don't worry, we'll get it figured out in the future! I hope you still plan to continue to play the demo though despite your feelings on Fox.

Eaode

Smash Champion
I see there was some discussion on wolf's lasers a bit back, but i feel like it was resolved pretty well. I like his laser and the depth it provides

but i feel like I should bring up a different problem with wolf (and obviously this still needs looking into as it's like day 3)

that problem is that, even though wolf is supposed to be a launching/juggling character, all of his combo starters can be CC'd until like 50+ percent (even on a character like GaW)

So you basically have to play hit and run for a while before any of his combos start working. Not that that's a bad thing but it doesn't seem to fit what the PMBR had in mind for him.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Omg, Charizard is amazing with the landing detection fix. His nair is big enough to reach through platforms on most stages, and pops people up at the best combo angle I could imagine.

Starting to see incentive to main this guy.

Edit: God, I'm even reaching mid-stage on jungle falls from the main platform.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
for those who dont know DDDs side b can be angled up and down. The arch path is only slightly differnt but it makes it so you can thow waddle dees and not have them collide with each other.

Revven

FrankerZ
Falco's throw lasers don't stun :c
Momentum stacking is still an issue.

Eaode, we'll keep a close eye on that as well as the months go by for Wolf. That's a very good point you brought up.

Iceman12, yes, you do. You can grab a save file from somewhere and replace yours, or you can grab the "Unlock Everything" code and make a .gct out of that to have all the stages.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I'm curious, how come you left Ganondorfs Side B the same as it is in brawl? The melee version was so much better for comboing at low percents!

other than that, I'm loving the game!:bee:

Ecks

Smash Lord
Really loving Rob. How come nobody plays him? He's really good man!

Love those side b to aerials and just chasing the opponent of stage and finishing them off. Lasers are so scary once you're of stage and gyro... haven't played much with gyro yet. Dem throws. And dat FTilt's range.

Really good job with Rob guys! The character is really fun to use.

Also, is it just me or is Peach's voice at a lower volume than everyone else?

Tigertenaka

Smash Rookie
I'm definately maining Charizard in this demo, and I see a lot of others are as well. Charizard's reminding us all why he is the best starter to pick.

Ecks

Smash Lord
LOL I need to look up my password for that site. I totally forgot. I'll see if I drop by later.

Is bowser's taunt sfx the same as in that demonstration video? It sounds different for me, like he's gagging or something. I'm thinking I messed my audio (brsar) up somehow.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sounds good. It's just generally better to post there, since everything in this thread gets buried within a matter of minutes.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I mean my tech skill was just sooooo off. I guess I just got used to the PM fox. I think I'm just gonna stay away from pm fox..
yeah Fox feels off for me too. Maybe I'm just so used to Melee Fox that any differences whatsoever are going to throw me off.

Falco feels fine. Most characters feel PERFECT, like Mario and Luigi. Having a blast with the demo so far.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
LOL I need to look up my password for that site. I totally forgot. I'll see if I drop by later.

Is bowser's taunt sfx the same as in that demonstration video? It sounds different for me, like he's gagging or something. I'm thinking I messed my audio (brsar) up somehow.
You can PM a mod from smods to change your pass for you so you can log in, such as Strong Bad or Standardtoaster.

Bowser's utaunt roar sfx from the Demonstration video? Pretty sure it's the same. It's probably your .brsrar that's messed up causing your Bowser sfx and Peach sfx issues.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
Snake is totally worth the use. I've been trolling my friends with him so far.

And somewhat confused about his DAC; was it removed?

Morin0

Smash Lord
Snake is totally worth the use. I've been trolling my friends with him so far.

And somewhat confused about his DAC; was it removed?
Is DACUS the same as DAC? If so, iirc, it's still there but it's just super hard to perform now and you don't slide that much.

Revven

FrankerZ
Is DACUS the same as DAC? If so, iirc, it's still there but it's just super hard to perform now and you don't slide that much.
Its difficulty is controlled by jumpstart frames which were modified for certain characters (Snake included). Faster jumpstarts = harder DACUSes I'm quite sure.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
after messing with wolf's lasers for a while, I gotta say they are amazing...

timing may seem a bit strict at first but they become quite easy to do with a little practice.
For SH lasers just make sure you shoot fairly quick after jumping and make sure that you aren't accidentally fastfalling when trying to waveland as they don't land cancel.
FH lasers require different timing but if you fast fall at the right time you can get them fairly close to the ground as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom