• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I got to where I could do it out of a wavedash and stuff in the first demo, but damn is it hard to do now lol, you get props for being able to do now.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Also, reposting this in case it hasn't been noted:

So uh, I think I found a glitch with Lucaryu's Spirit Bomb. I was messing around in training (against a level 9 Ganondorf in Dreamland if it matters), and I used a charge to do a Spirit Bomb while I was right next to Ganondorf. Ganondorf proceeded to pull up his shield, and shielded the Spirit Bomb for a second before I knocked him back with an attack. It was then I noticed the Spirit Bomb was staying right in place where I threw it and Ganondorf was shielding it until it disappeared.

So basically, it appears shielding the Spirit Bomb right as it's thrown in your face causes it to freeze in place and not move forward.

Edit: More weirdness still. I tried to do the same thing, but this time on one of the platforms. Again, Ganondorf shielded it, but this time it began moving backwards very slowly. At this point I began thinking perhaps it got powershielded and I didn't notice, but then when it reached the "edge" of the platform, the Spirit Bomb instantly warped below the platform and onto the floor, where it continued traveling for a second before disappearing.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
@Pit AI: It's probably because he's trying to use his brawl upB.

Wolfy, don't forget to record. It might be easiest if you used the wifi codeset and did infinite time and recorded the replay.

GPDP, thanks for letting us know about it. We'll look into it.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
I actually just did like, 7 or 8.
And I had my Dazzle hooked up, so I got it recorded. :D

I'll upload it once I cut out all the times of me failing, LOL.

iLink

Smash Champion
GDPD, that happens with his regular aurasphere too

It's a brawl thing, if you shield it at a certain angle, it'll just float there for a bit. It doesn't have an active hitbox though so its not really an issue.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Possible AI fixes:

Rob should SideB to recover sometimes. Right now he only goes up.
Pit doesn't understand how his UpB works
Everybody tries to roll to get a sticky mine off

MaxThunder

PM Support
Its still possible to do it with a platform, but just standing there...yeah I've been at it for 10 minutes straight and I got nothing lol.
hm... i will have to test this...

now, does someone happen to know if marth can counter ike's up-b off-stage and survive?.. cause that might be usefull... and more flashy than on-stage counter...

GPDP

Smash Ace
GDPD, that happens with his regular aurasphere too

It's a brawl thing, if you shield it at a certain angle, it'll just float there for a bit. It doesn't have an active hitbox though so its not really an issue.
Hmm, now that you mention it, I do believe I've seen it happen before.

Still, it was weird seeing the Spirit Bomb teleport onto the floor. That one I do not get.

iLink

Smash Champion
Hmm, now that you mention it, I do believe I've seen it happen before.

Still, it was weird seeing the Spirit Bomb teleport onto the floor. That one I do not get.
Trust me, as a Lucario main in brawl, I've seen exactly that happen a lot of times. Powershielding it seems to cause it pretty often too.

It'll throw off people that first time they see it, but when they find out it doesn't actually have a hitbox, it's not really an issue.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Trust me, as a Lucario main in brawl, I've seen exactly that happen a lot of times. Powershielding it seems to cause it pretty often too.
Cool, then I suppose it's not a pressing issue. Still, it would be nice to see it fixed, if only as general polish and all.

leelue

Smash Lord
Can we put KingClubber's AI patches on the OP, or on smashmods in a sticky?
AI request thread?
Lets see...

Captain falcon and ganon need to stop using their Neutral Bs, especially falcon offstage.

falcon/ganon side B recovery would be nice

The AI will sometimes attack me when I'm in freshly-dead invincibility.

OH
O MY
for the love of god can we get the AI to try and recover after being gimped? If you tap fox or falco out of their upB they sigh and float to their doom.

Thanks KC

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
KingClubber,
[23:37] <MonkUnit> fox CPU doing drillshine jab reset dash dance nair shine grab uthrow uair would be cool
[23:38] <MonkUnit> and then during the KO animation, he could show off doing shine SHDL
[23:38] <cmart> see Monk that's the ind of stuff that's unnecessary

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I'm sure some of you guys have logged tens of hours with the demo already. I've been far too busy with work and enjoying the beautiful weather to do more than just experiment with a few characters for a few hours against the cpu.

This demo wasn't free for me. I went and bought another SD card just so I could have the wifi code set too. So after a few days of practice I hope to try and play catch up with you Project Masters out there.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Maybe I'll do a video for each of the cast and see how many I can get with each character. That would be a fun little side project.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Comeback Kid, the only difference between the Full Version and the WiFi build is the .GCT. You can just rename and reboot the .GCT files to switch builds.

EDIT: Wolfy, for extra challenge, don't use a name so we know you're not setting a button to taunt. =P

Wolfy!

Indecisive
I actually did it using the standard button configuration (in Falcon's case, "Show Me Ya Moves" is his uptaunt and up on the DPad). :o

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
A few things:
1. Lucas' up tilt should hit behind him imo
2. Why was Young Link's recovery nerfed?
1) It's already got decent range in-front of him, having behind him be a character weakness is legitimate, imo.
2) It's both buffed and nerfed. It hits like a truck and goes up quickly, but doesn't recover as far. This is because he had an extremely easy/braindead recovery that added nothing to his game and frankly, made him uninteresting. Gimpy and I came up with the "Ode to N64 UpB" to make it riskier to play Toon Link offstage, give him a cool finisher, cut down his recovery, and make him have to play more intelligently to get back to the edge.

He still has a fairly decent recovery if you have a bomb in your hand, but if you don't and somebody hits you out of your second jump, you're dead.

Toon Link has several options to alter his recovery though - You can AGT to bombjump, you can just AGT (nice vertical boost), or you can AGT-toss the bomb horizontally to alter your trajectory, UpB into it, and have the hitlag change the tempo of your recovery.

Is his recovery good? No, not really. Is it hopeless or optionless? Only if your opponent puts you in that position.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
Tink's a little demon on stage, control the stage and don't give them a chance to knock tink off.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
@MonkUnit: But I did! D:
I used a sort of Javi claw thing and practiced for several minutes before doing the run. It was quite easy to get the timing down using that method.
I assure you, it's 100% legit. *johns about if I had a camera, I would have video taped my hands*
lol

@standardtoaster: Thank you. :)

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
KingClubber,
[23:37] <MonkUnit> fox CPU doing drillshine jab reset dash dance nair shine grab uthrow uair would be cool
[23:38] <MonkUnit> and then during the KO animation, he could show off doing shine SHDL
[23:38] <cmart> see Monk that's the ind of stuff that's unnecessary
LOL, I don't think that's really possible. It'd have to be an programed combo, and i'm not that good at Ai editing yet. And since the codeset is on "LOCK" currently i can't get it do it automatically using the codes to do so to test it.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
KingClubber, you should apply to the PMBR to help with AI edits for every character and such IMO.

Also, new video up on Standardtoaster's channel. Monk (Bowser) vs Toast (Falcon)
EDIT: I had no idea we were recording while playing. Pardon me looking like a fool while I usmash a lot in the first match.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
KingClubber, you should apply to the PMBR to help with AI edits for every character and such IMO.
Give me a few months to know what i'm doing first i might know how to do a little, but i hardly know how to do major stuff like making the cpu Ai do L-canceling. Besides Demo2 just came out, you guy's need a break.

I'm mostly asking because it will give me some practice, and i still got to talk to Bero about learning to make new lines of Ai codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom