• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
hey, any PM players in Northern VA? or any tourneys or somethin like that? i know this is prolly the wrong place to post this, but i doubt il find PM tourneys in the tourney section
VA PMBR can be found here. For non-PMBR VA, check the Atlantic North Regional Zone.
well, the other time he used that i barely jumped out of the attack.. like i was up in the air for a good amount of time. it didn't kill me though, just sent me really far up and i fell back down. I think i may have done a really glitchy jump using the momentum
Can you record a video of this?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Jesus christ I've never heard worse analysis.

Have you ever Ftilted with Charizard? It is one of the best grounded spacing moves in the game. How bout dtilt? Bair? Have you ever utilized the fact that Charizard has a faster dash speed than Marth (and is faster than Pit since you mentioned it)? How bout his huge grab range or super quick jab that has good range and leads to everything?

Awful cooldown on everything? Do you know how to Lcancel or use any of the above mentioned moves?

Comments like this make me so incredibly angry.
This.

10moreofthis

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
really, i think wolf is a viable competitor against the other spacies... he has a good Arial game and his ground game has many good damage dealing combos... i think once people find wolfs true potential, he will be every bit as good as the other spacies.. (maybe)

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Kink, can you record videos of Charizard? Videos provide much more support for opinions.

Hit with the back hit of usmash with Wolf, it's great for getting people offstage instead of sending them vertically. :D

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Still dislike the majority of Wolf's brawl animations.

New U-smash and dash attack are amazing though.

If you'd be willing to send me a capture card I'd be willing to make recordings of Charizard getting easily grabbed by everyone except maybe Pikachu.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
wolf and wario are my favorite newcomers to the melee environment... i really enjoy the redo on vets like bowser aswell..

so far i think im going to be playing.... Falco, Wolf, Wario, Ganondorf, and bowser... i played marth alot in demo1 but i dropped him because hes not really fun. My mains in melee are falco and ganondorf ... they carried over very well

PEEF!

Smash Hero
This.

10moreofthis
If you'd be willing to send me a capture card I'd be willing to make recordings of Charizard getting easily grabbed by everyone except maybe Pikachu.
Oh, we have no doubt that with piss-poor play you can get grabbed by everyone easily.

I honestly would pay a good deal of money to have the privilege and blissful pleasure of livestreaming to a large audience myself absolutely crushing you and your poorly-evidenced judgements with Charizard.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Still dislike the majority of Wolf's brawl animations.

New U-smash and dash attack are amazing though.

Do you have a phone that can record video? I would assume quality wouldn't matter so much, so long as the vid makes the point you want to convey.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I have a prepaid LG flip open phone that can record sounds, but no camera.

I'd like to hear how moves like Charizard's F-tilt are good for spacing. Like, at least DK and R.O.B.'s swing in such a way that their hurtbox doesn't stay out after the hitbox goes away.

Charizard's D-tilt is a bit better in that regard, but still leaves quite a lot of his frame out after the move.

Peef why do you have to be such a bully. I'm going to have to hug my Ivysaur plushie just to hold back all these tears.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Holy ****, charizard is amazing. Combos like Armada, with Marth's range.

Reminds me of Jenny from Bloody Roar 3

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Wolf doesn't have the utility of instantly setting up momentum like other space animals, but he has a pretty good Oki game that I assume is made to compensate for this. Unfortunately all his setups are slow and require him to already have the momentum in the first place, making it directly subdue any advantages a good oki game would have.

Ness's down B having no utility is a let down as well. I at least expected to be able to use it to turn around a DJC instantly.
This is a pretty silly thing to say since you've only been playing Wolf for less than a day. He's a space animal; you need to know the character inside-out before you can legibly say he's worse than Fox and Falco.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
So just playing the demo while typing this, I dont think the 1-player in vs works.

I get 3..2..1.. then it immediatly says game. I dont care as its the demo, but just so you know the 1p in vs doesnt work.
That is because you have it in Stock Match. Put a Timed Match (with infinite time while you're at it) and you'll be able to be there alone.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
To those of you asking "Why does the match end when I do 1 player vs mode?"
The match will automatically end if you do 1 player vs mode and is on stock mode. Set it to time mode to be able to play 1 player vs mode properly.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
I'll give this demo a few more days to see if the jaggedness wares off, but if It doesn't, I'll just stick with Melee until Demo3 c:
Thats the spirit!.. i think i will go back to melee on and off and switch between the 2... I only played demo1 so long because i didnt have a copy of melee when it came out.. melee was better than demo1 by far due to lack of content and the for the fact that the physics weren't as close as they are now.. but demo2 gives melee a run for its money... i think demo 3 will live up to melee 100%

metroid1117

Smash Master
I'm still trying to figure out how to L-Cancel D-tilt and F-tilt's remedial endlag.
You can't L-cancel tilts, unless you mean DAir and FAir. Even then, retreating NAir is an excellent spacing tool that's well-covered by jab and/or DTilt. I'd suggest waiting before you make any judgments, especially if you're trying to figure out fundamentals like L-canceling.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'll give this demo a few more days to see if the jaggedness wares off, but if It doesn't, I'll just stick with Melee until Demo3 c:
Don't forget you have an open ticket to a recorded/livestreamed money match, my Charizard vs any character in demo2 you want.

EDIT: This comment is solid gold:
You can't L-cancel tilts, unless you mean DAir and FAir. Even then, retreating NAir is an excellent spacing tool that's well-covered by jab and/or DTilt. I'd suggest waiting before you make any judgments, especially if you're trying to figure out fundamentals like L-canceling.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I have a prepaid LG flip open phone that can record sounds, but no camera.

I'd like to hear how moves like Charizard's F-tilt are good for spacing. Like, at least DK and R.O.B.'s swing in such a way that their hurtbox doesn't stay out after the hitbox goes away.

Charizard's D-tilt is a bit better in that regard, but still leaves quite a lot of his frame out after the move.

Peef why do you have to be such a bully. I'm going to have to hug my Ivysaur plushie just to hold back all these tears.
D-tilt isn't nearly as fast on start-up as f-tilt. It also seemed to be stuffing my approach options when I went up against zard.

Its an amazing spacing tool.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Don't forget you have an open ticket to a recorded/livestreamed money match, my Charizard vs any character in demo2 you want.
Again, if I can get over the big disconnect from Melee, especially on things like Toon Link's Air Pluck DJ and the entirety of Falco, and the huge amount of display lag it has compared to Melee, I'd love to come smash with you in, Ohio, right? c:

EDIT: This comment is solid gold:
I agree. I thought the very notion of L-canceling ground moves would be absurd enough to connotate sardonism in my message, but the fact that he mentioned Dair as a spacing tool is hilarious.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
So, Wolf, Charizard, and Game and Watch seem really underwhelming. Especially Charizard. Awful cooldown on everything, jittery spacing options, and an extremely telegraphed recovery aren't warranted on a character who can neither kill as well as Ike nor traverse the stage as well as Pit.
Holy ****, charizard is amazing. Combos like Armada, with Marth's range.

Reminds me of Jenny from Bloody Roar 3
I wonder who I should trust. :awesome:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
This is a pretty silly thing to say since you've only been playing Wolf for less than a day. He's a space animal; you need to know the character inside-out before you can legibly say he's worse than Fox and Falco.
I'm going to say with 100% certainty that he is worse than Fox/Falco, simply because of his lack of a good aerial to SHFFL with when facing the opponent.

McNinja

Smash Ace
I'm going to say with 100% certainty that he is worse than Fox/Falco, simply because of his lack of a good aerial to SHFFL with when facing the opponent.
Umm isn't Wolf's Nair pretty much the same thing as Fox's drill? At least in their use? If you're saying its bad to shffl Fox's Dair then we have a problem.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom