• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
While ya'll are waiting for the demo to actually come out (I swear a few more hours, just bear with us!) I suppose it's only fair to describe what you guys should prepare your SD Cards for.

If you already know how to load Project M, there's absolutely no need to read this post. However, for new people, it's pertinent that you read this post for clarity so we aren't bombarded with questions when it's actually released.

What you need
One 2 GB or lower SD Card
A Wii
SD Card Reader
Project M Demo 2 (when it's out!)

When we release, we'll provide many different options. Ranging from Riivolution (for those of you who enjoy it and prefer it and/or have larger cards), to Gecko OS, to the hackless method. We will also provide an installer just like last time (which should hopefully work and hopefully you guys won't crash us down, but if you do we WILL have mirrors this time around). But if you don't want the installer overwriting any textures or music you already have on your card, it will be recommended to download the .zip file instead.

Anyway, in order to perform the hackless method (the easiest one, by the way!) you need to follow the following steps:

1. Remove any custom stages you have on your SD Card and Wii. If you have any that Nintendo sent you over WiFi, you have to get rid of them. Make sure you turn off that feature in the online settings in Brawl beforehand as well so you don't have any future issues.
2. Install the files to the root of your SD Card with the installer (or if you don't want to deal with an installer, download the .zip and unzip it and open the folder, taking out all the folders inside there and sticking them in the SD Card)
3. Boot up Brawl and go to the Stage Builder
4. Gecko OS should launch, once it has pick Launch Game
5. You should notice some differences, primarily the strap loader will be different, the title screen will be different, the opening will be different, the menu will be different, etc. If you see any of those differences, you should be good to go. Otherwise, if things have gone awry, check your folder structures and/or try to reload the game.

Obviously, for those experienced in other methods I shouldn't have to cover them, they are already well known by now (just stick them in the proper folders, replace your folders, etc.) If there are still any questions, try to ask them ahead of time rather than waiting until the demo is out. I recommend trying this out before demo 2 shows up so you know you're doing it right. Be it with the first demo or some other thing. If people do have queries about the other methods (Homebrew Channel involved, Riivolution and Gecko OS) feel free to ask and I can try to answer them. Though keep in mind I can't tell you how to get the HBC.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I think I remember reading that Bowser is the same size as he was in Brawl while every other character was shrunken to their Melee sizes. Though someone can correct me if they made him even bigger after that.

PropaneTankHank

Smash Rookie
yo guys completely forget about as many revisions as possible and please just make revision 6969 demo 2. c'monnnnnnn

Ecks

Smash Lord
I think he's slightly bigger than Brawl bowser. I recall him (vbrawl bowser) not being that big in the first demo by comparison with the characters that were in.

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
It's been a while since I've last posted here. Just about as much as everyone else on this forum is, I am highly anticipating the release of Demo 2.

I want to thank the PMBR for their hard work. It's been great lurking this thread and I hope to continue doing so in the future for this amazing game.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
I've gotta be in to work at midnight and need a night's sleep before that, so I might have to sleep through the release and catch it around 10 pm. Good luck everyone!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I have 517 MB left on my SD card, and my demo 1 folder is another 522 MB. Obviously I'm going to delete my demo1 folder anyway since it's obsolete, but that will be enough space for demo 2 right?

Ecks

Smash Lord
I'd be surprised if it weights more than 250MB, since it won't include all characters. Stages would be about 100 (I expect around 70MB), fighters around 100 (I expect less than 80MB though) and everything else (menus and some included brstms) around 50 MB.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Currently moving all my Project M textures into my vBrawl texture folder so I can delete the demo 1 folder and officially be prepared to download the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom