• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I know how you feel, dude. I plan on moving Dracula's Castle to Mario Kart (at least on my offline version SD card) to allow for a greater assortment of songs, which requires me to remember just how to mess around with all of that data again. I know that it's overall pretty easy, but still, hassle.
The real annoyance is finding the song names and changing them to their default name or whatever it is I'll replace them with, and then looking for the songs I'm gonna replace and rename them. Sure, this isn't necessary but I like to have the song displays be accurate to the song that's actually playing.

I suppose I can do it now since I'll also be moving DC to MC. Or maybe I'll move Luigi's over MCircuit, since all menus will already have DC over Luigi's by default... But then I'd have to get the default songs for Luigi's... fffuuuuccc-

Smugleaf

Smash Cadet
So when the new Demo comes out I have to delete all the files on my SD card and then put the Demo 2 files on? Or will the new files just overwrite the older ones?

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
So uhh...yeah who here's still gonna use falcon the most despite all the new characters? xD
I really got into Smash Bros. until Brawl came out, as I didn't have an N64 or a GameCube, so I didn't mess around with every character until then. Although I'm scrub-tier when it to fighters in general, I knew enough about C. Falc to know that I felt that he played like crap, and moved on to someone else. Now that Demo v2 is being released, and I'm more serious in moving from semi-suck to average, I think I'm going to give him an honest shot; he looks fun to use, but pretty tricky. But hey, I plan on picking up Sonic, so I might as well give the second fastest character in the game another go.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
So when the new Demo comes out I have to delete all the files on my SD card and then put the Demo 2 files on? Or will the new files just overwrite the older ones?
First you'll have to get at least a six-pack of your favorite soda (preferrably a 24-pack).

Then yes, you'll need to delete all files on your SD card to be safe. Honestly, will you ever want to play Demo 1 over Demo 2?
*assumes you still just have Demo 1 on your SD card like I do*

Edit: yeah, do what the people who know what they're talking about below me are suggesting. You should move whatever's on your SD card onto your compy or whatever if you want to keep said whatever.

Ecks

Smash Lord
The installer will apparently delete them for you if you choose to use it. Otherwise you can do the good old drag and replace.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Or you could just move Demo 1 to your computer and save everything. I'd assume it's best to start with a clean SD card to avoid issues.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The installer (assuming that it's the same as the demo1 one) will automatically download all the required files and move them straight to your SD card. That means that if you already had something in those spaces, it will be overwritten.

If you have any textures, songs, or other files that you want to save to add into the demo later, it would be easier to do what I'm going and rename/delete your whole PF folder, then add those files back manually after the demo is installed.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
The real annoyance is finding the song names and changing them to their default name or whatever it is I'll replace them with, and then looking for the songs I'm gonna replace and rename them. Sure, this isn't necessary but I like to have the song displays be accurate to the song that's actually playing.
Honestly, I thought that renaming the songs were always a cinch; maybe that's because I'm just using BrawlBox to port the song tags so that they show up in the My Music screen as well, and doing everything else with Notepad++ and an info.pac converter.

The real issue for me is all the songs that I'm going to be replacing. I find it necessary to loop nearly every piece of music myself for one reason or another, and with all the songs that are in Brawl that I want to replace, that's going to take... quite a while. I did have a quite the collection at one point, but unfortunately my hard drive died last year, and I just haven't had the same motivation to rebuild my collection.

Of course, it also doesn't help that one of the songs that I want to loop requires me reversing a fade out effect... but the song is so beautiful that I cannot resist doing so. Curse you NieR for having an amazing soundtrack.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Guys, enough with the soda talk already.

Everybody knows Bacon Sundaes are where it's at.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Well, I'd better get started on this damn miscdata[140].

It's a good thing not everything is being replaced...

And enough with the drinks guys, anything involving lemon is clearly top tier. >_>

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Guys, enough with the soda talk already.

Everybody knows Bacon Sundaes are where it's at.
I'm shoving money into my left pocket but nothing's happening because you're not there!!!
Y u lie to me liek that!??!??!?

I mean Venusaur yeah this thread's not gonna get locked because all we're talking about is all P:M all the time right?yeah!

How bout dat D3?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm shoving money into my left pocket but nothing's happening because you're not there!!!
Y u lie to me liek that!??!??!?

Yeah, I'm kinda curious about Foghorn Leghorn the Penguin myself. Will we get to see more of him in the near future?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I suggest you guys stay on topic and less spammy if you want this thread to have a chance of staying up.

EDIT: That means you, people posting huge unnecessary and unwanted pictures.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion

Hm, quite possible.

lol @ there being only 10 more guests than members in here.
One of Hazama's alternate color palettes dresses him in white, which is seen by many as a tribute to the late Michael Jackson. As a result fans have dubbed Hazama/Terumi the "Smooth Criminal". Though before that, he was known as Ichimaru Jackson, a mixture of Gin Ichimaru and Michael Jackson's last names.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
The "I mean Venusaur" thing is probably legit the least funny thing in that video.

PIKACHU USE A DH- THUNDER... SMASH.
The video is probably legit the least funny thing about Egoraptor.

I mean Venusaur I'm really psyched to play D3 and to keep this thread from locking down. D3 bandwagon ftw

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
So I wonder how long a few hours is?
One may know at a later point but it
Darn well seems that it may not be
Achieved for some time

:phone:

:phone:

Ecks

Smash Lord
Been having those database errors since this morning. There's just too much going on here.

"Venusaur, oh no! Counter attack with... whatever you feel like man."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom