• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Bought a new 2gb sd card for this.
I've got you beat. I tracked down and bought a 4GB regular SD (not SDHC) in preparation for Project M releasing. I have heard that the cards start glitching out because the format is unstable after 2GB (hence why SDHC came about in the first place, iirc), but it's been fine for my needs thus far.

Someone asked earlier if anyone else played GaW. Well, back when Melee was still the big Smash Bros. games for casuals, I hopped onto the game and got bodied while primarily playing Game & Watch, Ness, Ice Clilmbers, and Young Link. When Brawl launched, I continued to play them for a bit before I gravitated to other characters. I have been playing GaW every now and again in Project M, and I picked Ness back up again when I started messing around with Brawl Minus, so I'm glad to hear that they're bigger and better in P:M. Although I think the character I'm most stoked about is Toon Link, not because I used to get trounced with Young Link in Melee, but because of his move attributes and Toon Link being absolutely awesome (and hilarious) within himself.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, but Pepsi sucks. Coke is way better.

Doesn't wolf look the same as fox in the melee intro? If anything it would be a texture for melee fox.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I thought Pepsi used high fructose corn syrup. Did you drink Pepsi Throwback?

:phone:
Regular pepsi uses both HFC and Sugar, and both Phosphoric and Citric Acid, as well as having a higher cafine content, making it a sharper, sweeter, stronger drink than Coke. The higher acid content also makes it more fizzy when it is exposed to oxygen since the sugars pop out more.

Coke uses a higher carbonation level, making it more bubbly, but less fizzy than Pepsi, giving it more of a syrupy, thick texture.

Vanilla coke is a bit better than regular since it has the vanillin to add sweetness, but Pepsi is just, like, it tingles on my throat even after I finish taking a drink and has that strong, smooth citric flavor.

To clarify, Coke uses only HFC and Phosphoric Acid, giving it a much more artificial flavor. I'm pretty sure it use to use sugar and citric acid exclusively, which was probably amazing, but now it just tastes like chemicals.

RC Cola is pretty alright, it just doesn't have a strong enough aftertaste.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I hope I don't have to change brstms around much. I know I'll have to move the songs I have on 75m since I have Dracula's there, but hopefully that's it.

I do not look forward to messing with the info.pac and mu_menu again, but I have to...

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
I hope I don't have to change brstms around much. I know I'll have to move the songs I have on 75m since I have Dracula's there, but hopefully that's it.

I do not look forward to messing with the info.pac and mu_menu again, but I have to...
I know how you feel, dude. I plan on moving Dracula's Castle to Mario Kart (at least on my offline version SD card) to allow for a greater assortment of songs, which requires me to remember just how to mess around with all of that data again. I know that it's overall pretty easy, but still, hassle.

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice
Regular pepsi uses both HFC and Sugar, and both Phosphoric and Citric Acid, as well as having a higher cafine content, making it a sharper, sweeter, stronger drink than Coke. The higher acid content also makes it more fizzy

Coke uses a higher carbonation level, making it more bubbly, but less fizzy than Pepsi, giving it more of a syrupy, thick texture.

Vanilla coke is a bit better than regular since it has the vanillin to add sweetness, but Pepsi is just, like, it tingles on my throat even after I finish taking a drink and has that strong, smooth citric flavor.
Can you still find vanilla coke? (bottle). I have trouble except in random gas stations and randomly inside a cvs/drugstore. Can't find any in regular retail stores unless it's a 12 pack of cans. I can only find cherry coke inside Blockbusters (LOL) but they are all closing down unfortunatly.

anyways lol. how did this deep soda disscusion come about? =3

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Both Coke and Pepsi are horrible. I'ma stick with my lemonade thanks.

I was planning on making a little video on the easter eggs in demo 2. Too bad my Dazzle wasn't being co-operative.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I will be using all included stages on whatever their default replacements are in the demo, in the interest of keeping myself from wasting even more time moving files.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
Talking about sodas....
Yep, Mexican coke is waaaay better than the USA's one.
but USA have a better Root Beer and chettos flamin hot D:

btw, playing melee, waiting... Melee + replays... DAMN <3

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Both Coke and Pepsi are horrible. I'ma stick with my lemonade thanks.
For a high school project I created a new breed of soda: lemonade soda.

I named it Foshizzinade. No lie.

The soda was freaking awesome; to this day it is one of the best sodas I have ever tasted.

I wondered for awhile why no one has tried to make this kind of soda yet until I realized it looked a lot like....well, you know...

Edit: sorry, I didn't get to see Neoz's post until after I posted this.
So uhh...yeah who here's still gonna use falcon the most despite all the new characters? xD

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
All these people calling Pop "Soda" is so weird to me.

I can't stand grape or orange soft drinks, and most root beers taste like licorice.

Sierra Mist is the best lemon/lime drink, followed by 7up, then Sprite. I forget what Mellow Yellow tastes like.

Cherry cola is the worst. Tastes almost bitter.

I want to find a place that still sells Crystal Pepsi.

Non-Pop discussion: So Peach's turnips are 100% melee-fied, retaining their hitbox after shield bounce and everything?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
For a high school project I created a new breed of soda: lemonade soda.

I named it Foshizzinade. No lie.

The soda was freaking awesome; to this day it is one of the best sodas I have ever tasted.

I wondered for awhile why no one has tried to make this kind of soda yet until I realized it looked a lot like....well, you know...
Japan already did it ages ago. ¦D

Okay, no more off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom