• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Of course Brawl TAS relies on weird DI. How else could they make "combos" possible?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I didn't even click his. Most melee TAS' are on CPUs that don't SDI

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Brawl is not fun imo, but to each his own. Some people like footsies, I do not. I do appreciate Brawl for being (perhaps) the most hacked wii game

>implying that I R Marf's TAS video wasn't relying on crazy DI
That is not a typical TAS since its between two people, and while they do SDI against their trajectory a ton, its just shenanigans and there is a lot of other awesome stuff in the video like C. Falcon's ledge cancelled knee shield pressure and crazy powershields/long moonwalks

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I do like footsies aha
Lol like I said, to each his own. And I guess on some level I could see an enjoyment in playing a match of footsies (since it is kind of like a battle of wits), but you can at least admit its really boring to watch. Other games that are really defensive fighters like SF4 also have extremely strong punishes so when someone finally does get that oppening its kind of satisfying. Brawl has a strong defensive game compounded by weak punishes and not really any combos which is an awful combination for a viewer.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Lol like I said, to each his own. And I guess on some level I could see an enjoyment in playing a match of footsies (since it is kind of like a battle of wits), but you can at least admit its really boring to watch. Other games that are really defensive fighters like SF4 also have extremely strong punishes so when someone finally does get that oppening its kind of satisfying. Brawl has a strong defensive game compounded by weak punishes and not really any combos which is an awful combination for a viewer.
Yeah, it is boring to watch usually

Some players/match-ups are pretty good, and obviously watching gets better the more you know about the game

but it doesn't hold a candle to Melee

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Melee's footsies >>>>>>>>>>>>> Brawl's pathetic excuse for a neutral game.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Less Bawrl vs. Melee, please. For instance, discuss which PM character looks to have the sexiest footsies, i.e. Sonic's DD & moonwalk, Wario's nuts air weaving and pokes, etc.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I'm assuming Kaizo is referring to the time when Charizard would slide backwards when he did his flame near the ground, similar to Bowser's flame cancel, but sliding backwards. This was also referred to as"crisco feet" Charizard.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
yes that Monk....it was very useful for spacing, moving around platforms, and especially edgehogging

Revven

FrankerZ
That was what his flame cancel did. However, the flame cancel has since been removed so he can no longer do that slide.

Lots of people felt it was janky looking, for the most part. Not sure if that was the entire determining factor for its removal but yeah, it's gone and not coming back. (Especially since that was around long before the Charizard you see today was made).

Stevo

Smash Champion
I'm actually glad flame cancel was removed. Flame cancel was only good to leave in melee because Bowser was so terrible. With Project M, there are so many other options to make Bowser good (which he probably already is) so there is no need for janky looking stuff.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I think it's the same probability it was in melee, but now luigi glows green to signify that he will misfire the next side b

:phone:
The probability of a misfire is close to .17 (1/6th), which is greater than the misfire chance in Melee. It's now much safer to throw out at your own teammate.

Btw, what do, Spam? I thought that you would destroy this thread with happiness, due to Pit having been officially confirmed.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
wait so it's back to random again? but now they're more likely and have an indicator?

leelue

Smash Lord
The probability of a misfire is close to .17 (1/6th, which is greater than the misfire chance in Melee). It's now much safer to throw out at your own teammate.

Btw, what do, Spam? I thought that you would destroy this thread with happiness, due to Pit having been officially confirmed.

Aw, I wanted him to point out evidence (which didn't exist)

also, Spam is being a Sad Sally for some reason that I'm probably making light of.
Leading theory is that he dropped his juicebox.
More at 11.

EDIT: Kaizo, yeah. From what I know, at least.
Anyway, I wonder if the first green missile will tell you if it's gonna be a misfire.

EDIT 2.0: Sapphire Dragon, what is molesting Latios?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Lol, that's Latias with Latios looking up at her at the bottom. There's no molesting going on there. :p

Edit: The Latias is blue to represent me, and the Latios is silver to represent my SO. That should clear up everything. XP

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Aw, I wanted him to point out evidence (which didn't exist)

also, Spam is being a Sad Sally for some reason that I'm probably making light of.
Leading theory is that he dropped his juicebox.
More at 11.

EDIT: Kaizo, yeah. From what I know, at least.
Anyway, I wonder if the first green missile will tell you if it's gonna be a misfire.

It might get out anyway but if you must know I was diagnosed with D.I.D....which among other things it destroys my hopes of being a psychologist....and pretty much means I'm screwed for some time now...maybe the rest of my life...probably the rest of my life.....ah well. At least I have...Pit.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
So I've got 2 questions for the PMBR.

First, Are you going to release demo 2 at midnight on the 15th?

And after said demo is released what's the plan as far as development following th release. Just take a break and let the feedback roll in or are you guys gonna keep working tirelessly on things like olimar and ice climbers?

9Kplus1

Smash Master
And after said demo is released what's the plan as far as development following th release. Just take a break and let the feedback roll in or are you guys gonna keep working tirelessly on things like olimar and ice climbers?

They're going to continue playing the version of P:M that we won't have for another... several months.

It might get out anyway but if you must know I was diagnosed with D.I.D....which among other things it destroys my hopes of being a psychologist....and pretty much means I'm screwed for some time now...maybe the rest of my life...probably the rest of my life.....ah well. At least I have...Pit.
<3! Need a hug? <3!

kaizo13

Smash Champion
they most likely gonna keep at it but maybe they should take a short break and work on publicizing P:M. get them tourneys rolling. Demo2 will keep people busy for a while for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom