• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Once you learn how to stop being bad at them they'll become so much more fun

trust me

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Uhh.. What's your definition of good? lol.

I see a nice reason why most smashers suck at SF for example.. because they don't practice it, simple as that. I suck too.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Neko gives too much credit to traditional fighters?
...what's this supposed to mean.

Wavedashing came from traditional fighters first lol

And I don't give too much credit to traditional fighters.

I just have a far better grasp of fighting games in general than most people on smashboards because I study that **** in my free time.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I've been told multiple times that it originates on Tekken.

But I don't now anything about Tekken so...

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Nah it started with Marvel Super Heroes vs SF.

But then smash community somehow became famous for it.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
What?! MvC3 is far more reliant on player skill, unlike its ****ty predecessor, MvC2, which takes dramatically less skill than Brawl does (A toddler could master MvC2 while playing with a kitten, come on lol). Saying that MvC3 is in any way bad also means that you're rejecting every other traditional fighting game, because it's at least balanced and heavily reliant on player skill. Doesn't change the fact that traditional fighters suck, though.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
What?! MvC3 is far more reliant on player skill, unlike its ****ty predecessor, MvC2, which takes dramatically less skill than Brawl does (A toddler could master MvC2 while playing with a kitten, come on lol). Saying that MvC3 is in any way bad also means that you're rejecting every other traditional fighting game, because it's at least balanced and heavily reliant on player skill. Doesn't change the fact that traditional fighters suck, though.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Just saying, the only thing tha tsucks about traditional fighters are the editions they keep spawning for full price. Would they be less evil int heir practices, I'd buy more fighting games.For example, I,m not getting Blazblure CS Extend... Waiting on CS3, two editions later, probably.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
And that's why you get skullgirls

15$
And then maybe an additional $100-170 for a good fighting stick. :/
I think most people would be okay with Lucas being replaced with Ness in the next demo. Just my opinion.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Alex Strife (lolnamesearch) doesn't want to negatively impact relations with the Nintendo of Japan reps that may or may not go to it, I guess. It's regrettable, but it's his tournament.

I don't know, honestly. I'd ask in Apex thread.
wait there might be nintendo of japan reps at apex? thats cool maybe they will see why making the game for a competitive audience and not just casuals is a good idea

Blackadder

Smash Master
So, I've been outta the loop when it comes to PM for some months now, and I can only gather that the same can be said for the official PM site. Anyone wanna fill me in on somma the neat updates I've missed and can't be arsed researching for myself?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I'd love it more if they went the 2012 route and just patched the new versions. But at the same time just waiting like 6 months to a year to finally patch it. But people want fresh money in a niche field.

Skullgirls will be fun. I just have to get a system to play it. Makes me kinda sad Arcana is a mostly-dead game. SF is extremely fun for me though. KoF's getting my execution better.

Marvel 3 is fun to watch, at least.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'd love it more if they went the 2012 route and just patched the new versions. But at the same time just waiting like 6 months to a year to finally patch it. But people want fresh money in a niche field.

Skullgirls will be fun. I just have to get a system to play it. Makes me kinda sad Arcana is a mostly-dead game. SF is extremely fun for me though. KoF's getting my execution better.

Marvel 3 is fun to watch, at least.
>PM team going the 2012 route.

lol that would imply we'd have to imbalance some characters, have everyone deal with that ****, and then patch it with our own Apology Edition. :V

Arcana has a strong online scene btw.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
btw, I'll be streaming today with Kirisame and Jim.

And as a new years special treat, Ill stream with my laptop plugged into my router.

That's right. All the time's i've streamed P:M in the past have been on a wireless connection.

You all will get a higher frame rate/ high quality bitrate today. :V

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
It's sad, yeah.

Also, Neko. I was talking more of the TFG scene treating updates more like patches, especially if you're not adding in new characters (though, I think BB did exactly this with Platinum and the Wolf Guy). I know you guys know what's up.

The Arcana thing sucks because I don't have a system to play online on, unless I go to someone else's place. I do hang around HC somewhat, though.

Lol, Neko. **** Eko. Konoha for life.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It's sad, yeah.

Also, Neko. I was talking more of the TFG scene treating updates more like patches, especially if you're not adding in new characters (though, I think BB did exactly this with Platinum and the Wolf Guy). I know you guys know what's up.

The Arcana thing sucks because I don't have a system to play online on, unless I go to someone else's place. I do hang around HC somewhat, though.

Lol, Neko. **** Eko. Konoha for life.
I'm all for patches. Just not as often as other games. *coughmarvelcough*

Also. I really dont care for Eko. Just a homing cancel thing. lool

CORY

wut
BRoomer
a bit late buuuuut...
Who coined the term "wavedash"? The Smash community or the MvC (or whatever TF) community?

Also Project M.
traditional fighting game community coined the term wavedashing with marvel super heroes.

Where and why smash community coined "wavedashing" is beyond me.
the smasher who coined the term "wavedashing" was vien, from norcal, one of mattdeezie's crew. he took the term from tekken, which is the scene they were big on before melee came through and took hold. it looks vaguely similar to wd-ing in tekken, though the command is obviously different.

whether the term wavedash existed before the tekken scene is something i don't know, but that's the history of it as far as melee is concerned.

MaxThunder

PM Support
ok... smashboards is for some wierd reason the only web site i'm able to access... but i wanna read manga=(... nuooooooh...

can't access irc either... this is just... stupid... =(... why me!!...

Edit: ok.. nevermind... it's not that i can only access smashboards... i can only access this thread... that's worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom