• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Hey shanus, are there gonna be anymore new blogposts or were the newest two the only ones you wanted to publicize?
Depends on what we feel like doing, honestly. And if we happen to have breakthroughs that the public would appreciate.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Wanna know something funny? That Canadacup stream would never have gotten fixed (as fixed as it did) if it wasn't for me. I was the one on saturday morning that skyped Fishstix and got him into chat and told him that the problem was happening. I also guided them through how to get their stream laggless. They were using an underpowered mac to stream, so I knew exactly how to make the most of it. The stream was ****, but it would have been 5-10 fps the whole weekend if it wasn't for me.

LOL my moment in fighting game history.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
just had a thought: remember this gif from like 15 pages ago, and how people were asking for it to make a reappearance?

why has noone suggested that if the knife fsmash for Snake doesn't work out, to replace it with this?

Ecks

Smash Lord
i just have homebrew method atm and i don't think that is able to force PAL video :/
Gecko OS can force PAL. Go to Config Options.

If that kick makes it as Snake's jab3 it better have all the power of the RPG to mach its coolness.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
So, out of curiosity, has anyone (devs included) gotten an idea of which character they'll main and possibly co-main in P:M? I understand already that such a choice is pretty difficult due to the large amount of unfinished characters and aspects likely to be changed; in fact, I myself won't be able to make any solid choices until more characters ready to be spoken about outside of the PMBR.

I'll be maining Falco, without a doubt. Aside from Falco being an overall fun character for me, it's so much easier to study Melee's frame data if I don't switch mains. As for co-mains... Wolf and the soon to be revamped MK will be my first choices. In the case of the latter, MK is and has always been my favorite character in the Kirby series, so I want to pick him up despite the changes he'll be getting. Wolf is the cutest spacie and has enough technical depth to keep me occupied, which is more than enough reason for me to find and show interest in him.

EDIT: Oh right, Charizard is legit, too =P
Marth then Zero Suit. Maybe TL, but only if he plays like Toon Link, not like Young Link.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
ValTroX, you sure you mean "canon" not "cannon"?

The two are vastly different in meaning =P

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
No.

However Ike's sword is indeed cannon.

Seriously, if they got one thing right with Brawl it was Ike's sword's SFX.

Best SFX in the game.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I don't spend terribly much time around here. Is there a page for character specific changes? Specifically, I want info on ZSamus.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Because characters are constantly developed and changing, and no specific changes are necessarily final, there is unfortunately no character changelog at the moment.

Agreed with Ike's SFX being amazingly badass.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Hey, I don't spend terribly much time around here. Is there a page for character specific changes? Specifically, I want info on ZSamus.
no not yet but here are some of her main changes so far.

neutral b still shoots her laser but you can dash cancel it. uair is one her main combo moves and kill moves bair is a kill move dair is a spike with really short attack window. down b lets her get considerable horizintal momentum and distance and i believe it has a trip hit box at the start of the move. Presing A after down b sends her into a dive kick much like her brawl dair. side B no longer kills it is a combo move that pulls the enemy towards her. her fsmash is her strongest kill move and dsmash combos right into it. her jabs and tilts are pretty weak but they clank with alot of moves and are decent pokes. she can up b and side b to the stage even if an opponent is on the ledge. oh she no longer gets items at the start of the match. she is a fast moving fighter. Thats all i can think of.

rk-9000

Smash Apprentice
most of the characters are still under too much development to have a changelist yet, if you watch streams and stuff you can get an idea of whats different

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Not to sound condescending, but is P:M turning into a 1:1 equivalent to melee?

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
I'm pretty sure the idea is to have gameplay identical to melee (with some tweaks where the PMBR feels it appropriate: ledge occupancy, meteor cancel window) but with a rebalanced cast of characters as well as new graphics, characters, and stages. Melee top tiers will be left near identical

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
In terms of what?

Our goal with balance has been constant since the beginning. And physics have been ported from Melee over a year ago. I'm not sure what makes you think we're "turning into" anything other than Project M all of the sudden.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
In terms of what?

Our goal with balance has been constant since the beginning. And physics have been ported from Melee over a year ago. I'm not sure what makes you think we're "turning into" anything other than Project M all of the sudden.
Oh well the the recent news about decreasing the leeway a character has upon grabbing the ledge kinda rubbed me the wrong way. The grab range should be decent and not be too extreme.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
There was nothing wrong with Melee's ledgegrab ranges, with the exception of Captain Falcon and Ganondorf. Brawl's were asinine visually and affected gameplay.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Remember when Brawl+'s character information was in the Brawl's character page? And we would make a topic about Brawl+ characters to be flamed by ignorant Brawl players? And then a heated debate would happen between Brawl+ and Brawl in all character discussion topics?

lol brawl+. Good times.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
From what I've played the current grab range we have is actually very fluid in terms of both aesthetics and gameplay. The vertical "magnet hands" effect from brawl was long overdue to be removed, and proper recovery now requires a little more precision with much of the cast.

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
I know i can force PAL, but it comes out in black and white because the TV isnt american.. that's the problem here
I'm pretty sure it'll work if you get the settings right, because I use geckoOS to play pal games sometimes, and it came out black and white and a little off until I figured out the settings.

If you're truly forcing the PAL video signal, an american tv wouldn't be able to use it properly, either. Do you know if your tv is pal60 or pal50? You should try setting gecko to force either of those and see which works.
:phone:

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Brawl+? Doesn't ring a bell. I recall a spin-off of that spin-off of Melee that was pretty hot for a little while... is that it?
Brawl+ was great at the time because people were kind of tired of Melee and Brawl was (and still is) and bad game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom