• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
My only problem with it is how easy it is to repeat Quickdraw->Walljump up a single wall. We may do something about it in the future, we may not. Haven't discussed it, honestly.
So ike's quickdraw walljump is just like Mario's upB --> walljump. If possible try reducing the vertical height of the jump a little bit after each use until the player is unable to do it anymore. Upon reaching the stage the amount of jumps are reset.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I just noticed that "What if I offer sexual favors?" was removed from the second post's FAQ. Should be added back IMO.

I'd like to see Ike's infinite side b walljump. Mario could spent days exploiting his.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Prostitution? Hey, I understand. They don't call him Shagnus for nothing.
I laughed. Good work.
So ike's quickdraw walljump is just like Mario's upB --> walljump. If possible try reducing the vertical height of the jump a little bit after each use until the player is unable to do it anymore. Upon reaching the stage the amount of jumps are reset.
The issue is with Quickdraw, not the walljump/tech. I'd explain more, but it's going to change anyways.

metroid1117

Smash Master
cmart was suggesting this in a stream a while back, I think it's a good idea. Walljumps work like this in Melee, so I don't see why it shouldn't be the same for Ike's "special" walljump.

[EDIT: Shadic ninja'd me on this one.]

I'm getting giddy at all the possible applications for edgeguarding though, even if it is pointlessly flashy. Dropping down from the edge -> QD walljump -> doublejump DAir/FAir just sounds so cool XD.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Increase wall jump decay. Been saying it for a while.

And it's the only reasonable solution for Ike QD Walljump.

If you suggest anything else, you are giving a reason as to why you shouldn't be listened to.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I don't see how Ike's quickdraw is a problem since his recovery is still pretty bad. He's still very predictable: 1. get close and upb 2. quickdraw from far 3. get close and quickdraw walljump and continue so until you get close enough for upb (this one is situational because its stage dependent). Besides, its not like its broken, so why "fix" it?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I don't see how Ike's quickdraw is a problem since his recovery is still pretty bad. He's still very predictable: 1. get close and upb 2. quickdraw from far 3. get close and quickdraw walljump and continue so until you get close enough for upb (this one is situational because its stage dependent)
Sounds stupid, one of the characters weaknesses is supposed to be recovery

Rikana

Smash Champion
Yes. It definitely sounds stupid when I'm still pointing out that it's bad?

If anything, even Falco's recovery is better. His upB gives him the option to choose any direction. The moment you let go of the control stick before it hits the ledge, it instantly snaps. You can even combo out of it from a shine near the top for a kill. They can infinite ledge stall with it as well. Phantasm can be controlled by canceling the momentum for some more mixups. It also causes a meteor on contact. On top of all that, he has a very beastly on-stage game. People say his recovery is bad because that's his only "weakness" but in reality, his recovery isn't all that bad compared to many. I'm just using Falco as an example.

So why should Ike get his recovery nerfed again?

Rikana

Smash Champion
That's why I feel we should have stages that have Melee's battlefield ledges. And even if the walljumps out of Ike's quickdraw isn't that situational, its still quite predictable. I would say its only a problem if Ike is a beast on stage. He's good but I wouldn't say top tier good. Mid to high at most.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Oh. You're talking about stage stalling? Why not just set up a rule and that'll be the end of it? Its just as easy as TOs mentioning no infinite stalling with Peach's sideB.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Setting a rule in place is much less efficient than simply fixing the problem. This isn't the unalterable vBrawl, where the unity ruleset is somewhat based off of things that can't be nerfed by natural means. If it's possible to fix, and if there won't be a significant impact on the recipient(s) of the change, then there's no harm in messing around until a workable solution is produced.

Despite how minor infinite wall-jumping is (lol stage-limited), it's still a trick that can be abused by any player with a fair amount of competence with Ike. Most players would identify that as a problem that should be altered or heavily changed before P:M gains momentum (which would be whenever the 'final' build comes out). It's not as if Ike's MUs and tier placement in P:M will suffer a major drop with increased wall jump decay.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Does anyone have a computer good enough to run Project M on dolphin so I can kick their *** over wifi on it?

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
i'm just curious, but what exactly is screwed up on olimar? Just the pikmen, or is theree something else like file size limit or something. I ask because if it is just the pikmen, couldn't you guys just outright scrap the neutral B function and remake all the pikmen reliant moves just constant animations. I.E. f-air relies on a pikmen, well couldnt you guys just remake the animation so olimar always swings a red pikmen and there is always the same hitbox, independant of neutral B(bcuz its scraped)? I know this destroys the aspect of ordering pikmen, but if its too much trouble to code, would this not work as a plan B?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Olimar is entirely possible to code, he's just a pain to, and other characters have taken priority as a result.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I wonder how Olimar is gonna turn out. I'm anxious to see some experimental moves you genst are going to implement, seeing as how very limited Oli's options are.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
increasing wall jump decay wont nerf ike.

it'll only stop indefinite stalling on stages like FoD, SSE:J, GHZ, etc.

that's it.
The walljump isn't really indefinite to begin with. It'll give out after a while... just yeah, it takes a while. increasing wall jump decay is probably the best way to go.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Increase wall jump decay. Been saying it for a while.

And it's the only reasonable solution for Ike QD Walljump.

If you suggest anything else, you are giving a reason as to why you shouldn't be listened to.
lol this is retardedly arrogant Neko
step it up

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
From what I've seen, I don't think Ike's recovery is suddenly broken. Somebody explain to me why this is in debate please?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it's moreso the stalling applications it has than any overpowered recovery abilities.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Oh.

The decay's pretty...existent...as it is and therefore shouldn't be changed? And if people...try to stall...they'll die eventually because of natural wall jump decay?

I have no idea what I am talking about. I'm a simple guy.

Stevo

Smash Champion
you can pound stall with jiggs for like an eternity. Away from the stage too where it is safer. I don't see the problem with Ike if stalling is the only issue. Is Project M trying to remove the possibility of stalling?

Rikana

Smash Champion
I guess its because you can't pound forever. Ike's walljump out of quickdraw can technically stall "forever" if nothing interrupts him. I still don't see much of a problem with it though.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
I guess its because you can't pound forever. Ike's walljump out of quickdraw can technically stall "forever" if nothing interrupts him. I still don't see much of a problem with it though.
At least it's not completely brain dead like most stalling tactics.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
To me the thing is about Ike's stalling is that it's pretty easy to **** up. I don't have an accurate count but let's say 5 or so walljumps mark the beginning of a wall jump decay for him. Now you're in this situation whereas you have to continously do quickdraw to wall at a very fast pace to stay at the most in a neutral position (I'm just assuming you can do this because I know I can't.) because otherwise you'll just keep falling on each wall jump. So at this point, either you continuously do it as fast as possible and increase your chances of just falling through human error, or try to aether up to the ledge if you're close enough. However if you're not close, then you're just gonna die anyway.

So completely banning the concept in my eyes just doesn't seem necessary as it's too much risk involved with wall jump stalling with Ike.

iLink

Smash Champion
I take it there isn't some way to limit Ike to only be able to wall jump once after a sideb? That just seemed like the logical solution I would go with.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Once isnt enough imo.

The average ike takes 3 wall jumps to scale from the lowest point of a walled stage with up b to recover.

5 without up b.

His recovery is very easy to edgehog/guard and is very predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom