• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, i used to follow project m pretty closely and then i stopped right around the time the demo came out.

can somebody give me a brief summary of the developments that have been made since then?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Small stuff, but in ETWIST's words "one step closer to Melee 2."

Can't wait for the patch once this all gets perfected. Then all we have to wait on is purely character development (well, and adjusting them to the significantly physics changes).

hey guys, i used to follow project m pretty closely and then i stopped right around the time the demo came out.

can somebody give me a brief summary of the developments that have been made since then?
http://smashmods.com/

Make sure you read all six blogposts. There's been a huge number of changes that are being prepared for the patch that will be released some time in the future. Also note that this patch only addresses physics and current demo characters; there will not be any new characters.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Excellent. First my mom finds awesome headphones, the my old NES top loader(Not the wires though) and now this.

This is a good day for me all right so far.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
And for some reason manEg's location made me lol more than it should.
I'm glad it made you laugh, that's its purpose. I was like :awesome: when I came up with it.

Blogpost #6 is nice, didnt know about the shieldstun being off, but definitely knew about the hitlag, even when the developers told me it was fixed. It's really noticeable with the knee, especially for someone who has played Melee since 2003.

Sooo, I'll be expecting BP #7 next weekend ok Shanus? Since we waited three weeks for this one :troll:

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I'm glad it made you laugh, that's its purpose. I was like :awesome: when I came up with it.

Blogpost #6 is nice, didnt know about the shieldstun being off, but definitely knew about the hitlag, even when the developers told me it was fixed. It's really noticeable with the knee, especially for someone who has played Melee since 2003.

Sooo, I'll be expecting BP #7 next weekend ok Shanus? Since we waited three weeks for this one :troll:
Your impatience will only further delay the next blogpost!

Take your time shanus. Frankly, I want the best blogpost ever, and I'm willing to wait. I'd rather have a well worked on product than some cheap, quickie "gimme gimme" post.

Don't take this personally, I just see a lot of people rushing PM and begging for character additions and full versions. It's a peeve of mine, and probably that of the devs. You're post provided me a chance to write some allegorical stuff I guess.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Dont know what you're talking about there blu link. As we just noticed, a blogpost can be written in just minutes and it only announces the little but important gameplay changes (nothing about characters, full version/patch dates, etc). They are the ones who came up with the blogpost idea (and Im grateful), I just want to see the updates they promised.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Dont know what you're talking about there blu link. As we just noticed, a blogpost can be written in just minutes and it only announces the little but important gameplay changes (nothing about characters, full version/patch dates, etc). They are the ones who came up with the blogpost idea (and Im grateful), I just want to see the updates they promised.
Tbh, don't mind me. I'm cloudy because of rage at attempting to do my essay and Focalin, which isn't helping me think straight at all.

Idk, it wasn't any kind of statement directed at you. Just kinda.... I dunno. Forget it.

IYM!

Smash Lord
thanks blu link

I play with Bowser, Link, DK, Ganonodrf, Samus and Cfalcon, so, i need a top tier character to be complete. i am playing with Falco as my Top tier Character, he is pretty fun, but hard to play well.

My friend and I are triying to configurate PM on Dolphin, so, when we are ready, i will give him a shot :bee:

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Aha! I knew sheildstun and hitlag was off! HYEAZ! Awesome that its fixed now guys, keep up the incredible work.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
Amazing how things being off by a frame or two can make such a large difference!
Those are things that we can't really point out at first, but screw up the feeling of 'rightness' of the game.

After playing Smash for like 12 years, and specifically Melee since it came out, my brain does things while I'm playing that I don't need to think about.

Ah, the memories. Adapting from 64 to Melee was so easy... But Melee to Brawl was a mess.

D

Deleted member

Awesome. You fixed more stuff to be identical to Melee.

Makes so much sense why it couldn't feel like Melee with shield stun/hitlag and jump stick direction.

When people say PM doesn't feel like Melee, they don't know the exact reason why, but this is a perfect example of how intricate PM has got to be tuned to even begin to feel like Melee.

Melee players know what's up.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Awesome finds guys.

Can't wait to see some more streams with some more of this new stuff being implemented.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I'm thinking they are still working on ledge occupancy but could be wrong.

Edit* Awesome Monk ^_^

Ecks

Smash Lord
The demo will feel so awkward (and mad outdated) when the patch comes out.

Keep up the good work guys!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
@Jedi: No. By "Our" and "we" I was referring to Standardtoaster and I. I should've explained that. I forgot that some of you guys don't know that Standardtoaster and I are twin brothers. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom