• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Watching the saved stream gave me a slight idea:

A demo version or a full character roster displaying usage of tech skill and combos? It would let the community know of these discoveries, I guess more people will be aware of the potential Project Melee has.

Plus, they're sexy.
my streams are usually full of this... and sds lol

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I can make codes to make the music however we want it to be...I think I did that a year ago....
http://blog.dantarion.com/2010/03/09/songsmore/

LOL JUST OVER A YEAR AGO.
Oh yeah btw, we can now add SFX and Music without replacing.

I love how development of Project M has been going.
People like Magus and standardtoaster really stepping it up with shanus and getting stuff done while I do side quests and play MvC3. BTW, AI sidequest is going well, and SFX sidequest should be released to the public this week, after I get GeckoOS users to test it (PMBR people are my testers, dont bother asking to test)

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Awwwww yeah, Dant workin' his magic.

I love it when he posts because he's always like, "You know we can do that, right? In fact, here, I already did it."

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
BTW, AI sidequest is going well, and SFX sidequest should be released to the public this week, after I get GeckoOS users to test it (PMBR people are my testers, dont bother asking to test)
SFX? Wow, that really came out of nowhere. Amazing work.

I'd like to try my hand at AI editing once it's more developed.

Wait, you mean you can now add music slots?

Incredible
No, I'm pretty sure you still can't do that.

Edit: OH **** YOU CAN
MEGATOOOOOOOOOOON

Vigilante

Smash Lord
So we can keep Project M's soundtrack and get more. Nice deal here. That just broke the limit. It will be great for Melee stages with few songs.

An Alien

Smash Rookie
Out of curiosity, what's going on with the Peach's Castle 64 and Hyrule 64?

Are they getting release with the full version? Or do we have to find them ourselves?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
By the way, in case there was some ambiguity:
Damage of the attack is taken into account in the knockback formula, as well as the opponent's damage before the hit. In Brawl, the damage used in this formula is the staled damage. In Melee, the damage used in this formula is the unstaled damage of the hitbox, so knockback is the same regardless of the stale counter of a move.
Amusing how such a subtle difference makes such a huge difference in-game.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
So I just got this up and even though it's just the beta and there's less than half the cast available I love how it looks(even though that seems unfinished too), how it plays EVERYTHING.

My only gripe is the stage select screen is such a tease!

Ecks

Smash Lord
Everytime Dantarion comes out of nowhere he does something awesome.

Also something that's been bothering me. You guys said that you plan to have every stage, edited stages, past stages and possibly new stages (Dracula's castle at least) in the final build. Won't this be too much images for the sc_selmap.pac/common5.pac (crashes)?

unless Dant or [insert Magus here] find a way to make up some sorcery about it of course.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Vigilante when smash4 comes out people will make a Project:B for it. That's how bad it will be.

Seriously if another smash ever comes out I'll be too busy with p:m to care. Specially if a clone engine is made, in which case characters could be "ripped" from smash 4 lol.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I'm sure Nintendo is taking notes. How much do you think it would cost them to put in stages from the old games anyhow? Like nothing.

Also will the Doctor be making a comeback?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I'm sure Nintendo is taking notes. How much do you think it would cost them to put in stages from the old games anyhow? Like nothing.

Also will the Doctor be making a comeback?
The Dr's best moves are already incorporated in Mario. No real reason to bring him back now.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I can make codes to make the music however we want it to be...I think I did that a year ago....
http://blog.dantarion.com/2010/03/09/songsmore/

LOL JUST OVER A YEAR AGO.
Oh yeah btw, we can now add SFX and Music without replacing.

I love how development of Project M has been going.
People like Magus and standardtoaster really stepping it up with shanus and getting stuff done while I do side quests and play MvC3. BTW, AI sidequest is going well, and SFX sidequest should be released to the public this week, after I get GeckoOS users to test it (PMBR people are my testers, dont bother asking to test)
ZOMG, does that mean Melee sfx and voices back <3?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Unless the clone engine works right?
options:
1. two meh characters with questionable tournament viability
2. one good character that contends with melee Top/High tier.

having Mario & Doc vs. just Mario is also only a slight increase in content in the game (since the character's aren't much different, they don't add much fresh to the game that the other doesn't) and far more work than it's worth.
imo

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, alt costumes should be enough to please most people when it comes to Mario/Doc since gameplay-wise we're basically getting the best of both worlds. Unless the current vertex hack for Doc messes with something. I wouldn't know about that.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
All that would be needed is a alternate costume that is doctor mario. And if it is possible, on only that alternate make his fireballs look like pills, that would suffice for any doc fans.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Yeah, alt costumes should be enough to please most people when it comes to Mario/Doc since gameplay-wise we're basically getting the best of both worlds. Unless the current vertex hack for Doc messes with something. I wouldn't know about that.
The one I tried (KTH) was sent into the mesosphere by Sonic's UThrow. So pretty much perfect, as far as I'm concerned :troll:

Although there seems to be a newer model since then, I'll have to try it out.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I take it there is no induvidual texture for it then, unlike something like Lucas' stick or links bow, where you can change its texture for every costume. Shucks.

V-K

Smash Ace
My only gripe is that future Smash Bros games will look so horrible compared to this one.
I don't know but perhaps the dudes see what we are doing here and decide to put back in Hitstun and L Cancel, which was in Smash 1 and 2 and then the game might be not so bad.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
That has always been a piss poor counter-arguement, yes he made melee, but what he did with brawl is unprofessional, not only that, some of his recent comments about the series have really pissed me off, namely that he balanced brawl all by himself, he felt melee was too hard, he doesn't want the game competetive etc, etc. Lets be honest melee was a complete fluke that it ended up as deep and complex that it was, i guarentee you that is not what he wanted. Hence why brawl is so bad.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Melee is not a complete fluke.

Do you really think NOBODY noticed that if you airdodge diagonally into the stage you travel a little bit of distance? Especially when the multiplayer aspect was likely tested with items, and it just so happens you can catch items with L/R? I use that as an example, I could just pull up a whole list of ATs and how easy they would be to catch, and remove.

I was trolling though, I don't care to get into this kind of argument.

Kati

Smash Lord
Sakurai did put a lot of effort into melee... he just didn't appreciate his own work for some reason.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
The way I see it, he really didn't like the rift it created between competitive and casual players. The us vs. them mentality a lot of casuals had, if you were a "tourney***", you pretty much didn't deserve to exist. Seriously, I came across Smashboards (I think, I don't remember) years ago, and found out about wavedashing and L-canceling. If I used them I'd have my controller unplugged.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think what Dirt meant by Melee being a fluke is that the surprisingly deep and fairly complex game that came out of what was intended as a simple and chaotic fighter was completely unintentional by the developers.

The main point: screw developer intention; competitive Melee is just as enjoyable as casual Melee (or general casual Smash for that matter).

Anyways, this is getting rather off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom