• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
What was/is wrong with the ledge occupancy? I dont know much about the ledges in either game.

Speaking of which will both nana and popo still be able to grab the edge together, or will Nana still randomly edgehog you?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Damn, you know you're hyped for something when you can't wait for a patch. unbelievable. I'm gonna go watch the recorded stream since the lag was at 98% when it was live lol.

GET HYPE

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Edge Occupany

Melee: you are considered to be on the ledge for the entire ledge get up or ledge roll animation. This is why people get edge hogged from on stage.
Brawl: you are considered to be on the ledge for the time you are on the ledge, once you hit the floor, you are not on the ledge anymore. This is why people can grab the ledge during your ledge roll.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Has anyone seen any trips on the streams? I don't think I noticed any. That may be one of the fixes. I wasn't watching the streams 100% of the time though.. so I might have missed some.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'm watching the recording to see if ledge occupancy was affected in any way at the moment.

So the possibilities at the moment are:
-grabbing behind you
-no more tripping (except from bananas)
-ledge occupancy (?) - this one's questionable at the moment

Edit: shoutouts to JCz. FOOT OF POETIC JUSTICE

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Why must you guys always interfere with my sleep? Good to know though.
Don't let it interfere with your sleep.

In case there is a delay, you will feel better if you are hours after the launch/update and then DL and well-rested, ready for trying it out.

Like I was when the first release of the demo.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Don't let it interfere with your sleep.

In case there is a delay, you will feel better if you are hours after the launch/update and then DL and well-rested, ready for trying it out.

Like I was when the first release of the demo.
It was mostly a joke. Like I'd actually sleep in the first place :).

shanus

Smash Hero
heh, look at all this theorycrafting

people haven't even guessed what I will be writing about today

Vigilante

Smash Lord
There is no point in guessing. It would ruin the surprise if we figured it out. Beside, I already know that you will announce a new Stage, Trollfaceville to replace Smashville.

Jokes aside, the hype train is here. Board it.

shanus

Smash Hero
go hype around the world. Also, all the props goes out to magus for being insanely good at ASM

Rikana

Smash Champion
Shanus is a lie. Magus is the cake.

wut?

Edit: this is gonna make me think you guys are on to "preserving momentum after tech"

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Well, for the decrement in knockback stopping, I'm glad. Double stick DI seems a little broken at first, but it was in Melee, and everyone can technically do it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm watching the recording to see if ledge occupancy was affected in any way at the moment.

So the possibilities at the moment are:
-grabbing behind you
-no more tripping (except from bananas)
-ledge occupancy (?) - this one's questionable at the moment

Edit: shoutouts to JCz. FOOT OF POETIC JUSTICE
Heh, it's fun to watch the speculation on the outside from the inside.

And yes, it's extremely satisfying to chaingrab the **** out of DDD and then boot his *** away.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Whoa.

I was thinking "the blogpost is gonna be something random like stale moves or some random thing some input did in Melee to troll us" earlier.

Aside from the "troll us" part I was exactly right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom