• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
@darkfox: It's actually an illusion cause by the camera and graphics depth. But really, it would take a while to find them, but a comparison from both shows they are about the same as in Melee in difference. And downloads are over 9000! \0.0/

kaizo13

Smash Champion
no i am not using widescreen.....and it can't be an illusion because when u take out your SD card (without the character .pacs) Marth is noticeably taller than Falcon, but not in P:M

but the team has said that models haven't really been scaled to perfection so no worries

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
I just made something cool with lucas, but i have no idea how to perfom it again ;_;

i jumped to the left, doing the down-b to the right in the air, and suddenly lucas moved to the right.

wtf is this?

Ecks

Smash Lord
It's the brawl models that make the difference. Marth looks overall smaller than link in pm even though he is taller than him (Am I making sense?). You can't really compare bodies because of Marth's cape being in the way but link is averall bigger in pm. At first I thought it was Link being monstrously tall but it was just Marth being too small.

Edit: ZetTorxX that's a brawl at. I think it was called rar or something. it works when you do a special and quickly turn in the other direction. (not all specials work with this at however but most do)

Edit2: oops no it's not called rar, idk wtf it's called lol

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I just made something cool with lucas, but i have no idea how to perfom it again ;_;

i jumped to the left, doing the down-b to the right in the air, and suddenly lucas moved to the right.

wtf is this?
That's called a B-Reversal. It's one of the cool things they added in Brawl, which I was worried for a while the P:M team might remove. Every character can do it, but its most noticeable with some characters, like Lucas. Completely flips horizontal momentum.

Ecks, a RAR isn't that. RAR is reverse aerial rush, it's where you cancel a character's pivot animation with a jump, preserving forward momentum but facing backwards, usually used to perform a BAir.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Indeed. I use it with Falco's short hop blaster. Just quickly tap backwards in the air, and press B, and watch the magical mindgame unfold.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yeah I get Brawl ATs mixed up all the time. This one however I didn't remember so thanks for the correction.

Edit:Also, with B-reversals you can choose to reverse momentum or to just turn around depending on the imput. Though everyone probably already knows this haha.

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
OMFG. THIS WORKS WITH EVERYONE?? I just made it with Falcos Blaster, holy **** XDDD

I just can´t describe how awesome this game is, thx for the answers :)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I wouldn't really call this advanced. I mean it requires next to no skill at all to perform. But it's a nice touch.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
the only AT in Brawl is tripping

only the most technical players can do it on command

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Yeah.... Brawl and AT just don't ring together for me. In Project M though they actually have some legitimate applications.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
lol bias

dislike Brawl as much as you want, an AT is an AT. They exist in Brawl, as hard as it may be for you to swallow.

They had application in Brawl as well. Legitimate application. Same goes to P:M to more/less of an extent.

HOWEVER. All that really matters is that RAR WD is the greatest addition to P:M.

Bar none.

Ecks

Smash Lord
the only AT in Brawl is tripping

only the most technical players can do it on command
So true.

Wierd stuff, I find it easier to waveshine in pm because of the light press and not LD. I tried to waveshine in melee (not that I could ever waveshine consistently anyway) recently and I always ended up shielding. I got really annoyed lol

V-K

Smash Ace
You guys really have to work on Olimar. Pikmin is one of the best games ever and I was really happy back then when I heard Olimar was in Brawl.
I know his C Stick spam sucks pokeballs but I'm sure you guys can fix that. ;)

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
I'm sure their priority is not Olimar at the moment.
This response could be a little misleading; since he'll be a character in PM he has the same priority to be good as everyone else.

He just hasn't received much attention yet because he'd take a lot of coding work to even begin to work on. That effort so far has been (better) spent on fixing things like DI and releasing the demo.

crush

Smash Master
the lack of lag when jumping up from the ledge (not ledge-hopping, just doing it normally) makes really cool edgeguards using shinespikes with fox on YS. the lack of lag from jumping up from the ledge also makes a better alternative to ledge hop double lasering with falco if your opponent is on platforms

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
I'm way too excited for this patch to be released. It seems like the PMBR has made some amazing discoveries, such as fixing DI, and I can't wait to see what else may be included.

*crosses fingers for landing detection*

Also, if you guys find a way to fix light press airdodge and make it like Melee, do you intend on doing that (unless you already know what causes it and just don't want to change it)? I'm not even sure where you guys stand on modifying that, so I was just wondering.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Link and Zelda have the most useful B-reverses in P:M demo, DashDance B-reverse SH Nayrus love is actually good.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Link and Zelda have the most useful B-reverses in P:M demo, DashDance B-reverse SH Nayrus love is actually good.
You mean run forwards->back->SH b-reverse Naryu?
I don't have a Wii, so could you give some uses for me to try next time I play the demo?

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
It is really safe because she land cancels the nayrus love. Yes thats what i mean, Especially if they whiff a grab or attack.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
lol most technical at in brawl is... rage quit
I'm a Brawl master? Awesome. Now I,ve ssen ZSS run at the exact right speed to run into her beam shots to put pressure on enemies. Was this intentional? As in, are you trying to make ZSS a good ground pressure character?

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
I'm a Brawl master? Awesome. Now I,ve ssen ZSS run at the exact right speed to run into her beam shots to put pressure on enemies. Was this intentional? As in, are you trying to make ZSS a good ground pressure character?
Yep. ZSS is supposed to be an in your face pressure character. She's awesome. :)

I'm feeling nice today, so here's an outdated youtube vid of ZSS played by our very own Dark_Sonic.

Everything is subject to change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5f0lFIOyFM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmedI53JCNE

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
.....Anyway, how is Ike coming along? Any sort of Ike/Roy merging going on? Or will Ike remain mostly intact? The Brawl+ Ike looks pretty good from what I see in streams.

Ike with l canceling! Can't wait. :bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom