• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
that's what fighters do a bunch of times. they nerf (sometimes overnerf) top tier characters.

Only 2 melee top/high tiers kept their placing rank in Brawl.

1 because of his general design and the other because of game exploitations, play-testing oversights, and character design.

I don't think sakurai would check for tier lists (but you are right). By this logic, if a ssb4 is made (please don't) mk should be as bad as vb ganon.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
sakurai doesnt check tiers, but he checks for things he believes should be gone or are op

aka a **** ton of things from melee

the thing about mk is that his character design is that of marths.

inherently good.

so mk would be nerf sure, but he'd still be pretty good loll

but it doesnt matter we have P:M lolol

smakis

Smash Ace
If you read the thread, we're saying all these characters grab-range are laughable compared to marth. But ya kirbys throws are horrid in melee. WTF was sakurai thinking, break out of throws-in-motion.

Lol also i find funny that AT THE TIME MELEE WAS RELEASED the three top tier charcters in S64 were the most nerfed, kirby and ness are among the worst in the game and pika is at best average. cept axe too good

aaah, the times when ness was still considered to be top 3 =), i used to main him <3

bleyva

Smash Ace
off-topic, but:

so mk would be nerf sure
no way, Sakurai's a ********** and now that he has free reign over the smash series he doesn't have to answer to anyone in terms of balance, so if a SSB4 is created expect broken movesets from DDD, MK and Knuckle Joe while Falcon will still be the only F-Zero character with a ****ty moveset to boot.

Evil Iggy

Smash Cadet
off-topic, but:

no way, Sakurai's a ********** and now that he has free reign over the smash series he doesn't have to answer to anyone in terms of balance, so if a SSB4 is created expect broken movesets from DDD, MK and Knuckle Joe while Falcon will still be the only F-Zero character with a ****ty moveset to boot.
Wow.... that's a lot of rage...
You know, even if SSB4 is broken, and even less fun than brawl (or Desert Bus, for that matter...), I think we can count on the smashmods folks to make everything okay...

KNUCKLE JOE WOULD BE THE SINGLE COOLEST CHARACTER TO HAVE IN A SMASH GAME! Outside of Zero, of course

Ecks

Smash Lord
off-topic, but:

Gee I wonder why all of sakirai's characters are so good...oh yeah.

in other off-topic news:

sakurai: brawl players might not understand this but brawl was just too hard. so in this new game the ai randomly takes control of the losing player. we believe that in this way, everyone will be equal and have a chance of winning. The winning player will also spawn at 80%! trollface.jpg

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I would rather there be NO SSB4, or any more smash games......

But if we have to play the prediction game, since casuals also complain about MK, expect him to be severely toned down in the next game if there is one.

Anyway, I'm sure that there is another undocumented variable that makes Peach's Daikon's poof on shield contact.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero

Marth's grab has quite reasonable disjointedness really. It has amazing range because he leans his body along with the grab (kind of intelligent really).

Chew

Smash Rookie
oohhh 1000 pages, people are really into this

melee was a little too technical for me (softcore gamer!), but brawl was just ridiculously slow

maybe this will end up with an in-between pace?

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
the post in this thread are terrible... i just read the last 9 pages and it makes me sad that some of the melee players that post have the most ******** mindset when approaching this game. Talking about how their melee techskill is being messed up in P:M instead of just building P:M techskill. They are two different games. Its like me trying to land a link from SF2 in SF4 and complaining because it doesn't work. God forbid if someone has to practice in more than one game and be good at both instead of expecting to be auto technical because you were in melee. Some posts are pretty much saying "My friends don't wanna play project M because its a new game that isn't exactly like melee. Like wtf kind of mindset is that. If people want a game to be exactly like melee then why just not play melee. The physics are ridiculously close to the point where it literally takes like 5 seconds to adapt to wavelanding even on wifi for god sakes but people still complain. I feel like wavelanding is the most minor part of landing detection thats affected.
TL;DR
If you want melee then go play melee. If you want project m, then play it with an open mind instead of complaining about it being a sequel instead of a replica. Stop complaining about what your bad at and wanting it changed instead of just practicing and getting good at something new

R00R

Smash Journeyman
The CD drive in my wii recently stopped work, so Im search for an alternate way to play Project M.

Some people have suggested loading a Brawl ISO through the USB and using that for Project M.

Could anyone point me in the direction of a guide or give me some tips on what I should do?

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Isn't there supposed to be a P:M patch soon? It should play more like Melee after that. Also, about people not playing P:M because it isn't EXACTLY like Melee - My friends won't play because it's too much like Melee. Really depressing.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
The CD drive in my wii recently stopped work, so Im search for an alternate way to play Project M.

Some people have suggested loading a Brawl ISO through the USB and using that for Project M.

Could anyone point me in the direction of a guide or give me some tips on what I should do?
google it. we're not allowed to discuss usb loading.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
if a post-patch major breakthrough is made in one of the problems you guys are having, like landing detection or tether grabs, will a new patch be made for it?

if LD is fixed, it could possibly bone everyone over once they get used to this new landing detection. then it would be the same complaining all over again XD

Spoon~

Smash Ace
So I took project M to purdue today and the reactions were surprisingly awesome. The brawl players were happy it wasn't brawl and the melee players liked that it was essentially melee. The best response I got was "yo that's raw as hell, this game is ill". Love me some Project M.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Sneak is right. sometimes I wonder that if vbrawl would have played like pm people would still have *****ed about it. Interesting community we have here.

I honestly love pm more than any smash (no way!!!111!!) and I think you guys are making a miracle here.

Even without ld it's awesome

Blarg I'm Dead

Smash Apprentice
I honestly love pm more than any smash (no way!!!111!!) and I think you guys are making a miracle here.

Even without ld it's awesome
This. I earnestly believe Shanus and crew can make a better smash game than Sakurai can.

People are sensitive, fragile, and insecure. The only reason anyone has come to defend Brawl over the years despite all of its shortcomings is because it's what they play and can identify themselves as members of a community who play it. They perpetuate arguments to defend it BECAUSE they play it when they can't bring themselves to go back to Melee when the reality is that game isn't very good at all competitively or casually compared to its predecessors.

Bottom line is that everyone looking forward to Brawl who lined up at their local game stores that fateful march day originally wanted a remake of Melee with added content. Sure, there were some people who didn't want a replicate with all aspects intact (some players disliked wavedashing, as an example), but the overall product that was not only expected, but hyped for, was Melee 2.0.

Anyone denying this is usually lying to cover their insecurity, or was a Brawl exclusive Smash player and was never fortunate enough to play Melee or Smash 64.
edit: this as well.

I started to try and improve at Melee around 2005-2006 learning advanced techniques and simple things that would help me and understanding the game better. I was never great at Melee but it set the foundation.

Brawl was released, I still sucked at smash. I got my *** handed to me on wifi many times before realizing mistakes I did and how to not make them. I also played players that were significantly better than me. I watched what moves they did in which situations, what combos into what at what percents, etc.

I was educated enough to learn of how bad brawl was and why. I didn't like brawl but I was getting better at it. Now at a university I had tons of people to play offline. Some solid players who I learned to beat and others I could thrash with my eyes closed, even in Melee, Brawl is even easier. I'm now fairly good at smash.

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
I think most of the people in this thread need to be posting here a lot less and playing Project M a lot more. Just my take.
I´d love to but its really hard to make my friends play with me since the characters they main are not released on the demo, and living in mexico makes the lag pretty bad when playing online with USA ppl (I dont mind it, they do, most of the times). So yeah....
Also I'd love to play everyday with my friends, but even if the demo was character completed, we all do have jobs/school so yeah...

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Ok maybe someone here can help me understand. I can't play brawl on my wii for some reason. Finally got another one but it refuses to work. So I went and got a new copy today and it still doesn't work. It won't even read the disk. Does brawl suck that bad that wii's won't load it? or is their something that I don't know about that causes new brawl disks to not work suddenly?

Barrier

Smash Cadet
the post in this thread are terrible... i just read the last 9 pages and it makes me sad that some of the melee players that post have the most ******** mindset when approaching this game. Talking about how their melee techskill is being messed up in P:M instead of just building P:M techskill. They are two different games. Its like me trying to land a link from SF2 in SF4 and complaining because it doesn't work. God forbid if someone has to practice in more than one game and be good at both instead of expecting to be auto technical because you were in melee. Some posts are pretty much saying "My friends don't wanna play project M because its a new game that isn't exactly like melee. Like wtf kind of mindset is that. If people want a game to be exactly like melee then why just not play melee. The physics are ridiculously close to the point where it literally takes like 5 seconds to adapt to wavelanding even on wifi for god sakes but people still complain. I feel like wavelanding is the most minor part of landing detection thats affectehttp://freeproxyweb.net/browse.php?u=Oi8vd3d3LnNtYXNoYm9hcmRzLmNvbS9lZGl0cG9zdC5waHA%2FZG89ZWRpdHBvc3QmYW1wO3A9MTIyNzQyMzc%3D&b=5d.
TL;DR
If you want melee then go play melee. If you want project m, then play it with an open mind instead of complaining about it being a sequel instead of a replica. Stop complaining about what your bad at and wanting it changed instead of just practicing and getting good at something new
Incredible post. Nail on the head. This also goes for Brawl players, though.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
Well said indeed. I think the whole LD isn't even an issue at all, its what makes the game a different game. Stop the QQ and just adjust. Its not melee, its p:m.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
We do want to eventually fix landing detection though, because Melee's form of landing detection is superior both aesthetically and in terms of gameplay.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I see it as an improvement form Brawl that can just be improved further. Most critiques poeple have are on the pmbr's to-do list. I can imagine that with LD and DI fixed, this game could potentially surpass Melee. Why? More stages, more characters, good gameplay, better balance.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
The people who say it doesn't feel like melee, i honestly believe they haven't held in whatever button they wavedash with in when they plug in thier controller, so light touch doesn't cause an airdidge. I also thought that it was clunky, or weird feeling until I did that. Once i did, i kid you not it literally feels almost identical. Mario especially.

If LD gets fixed, no doubt in my mind you guys will make this perfect.

Also this game is superior to melee for 1 reason only............you can use the c-stick in training:awesome::awesome::awesome:

leelue

Smash Lord
@barrier
who wrote that?

@ ulevo
I would post on here and smashmods less, but I have way too much free time and not enough people who want to play. It is also almost impossible to teach someone to play if they want to learn. So, I post.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
@ulevo, funny thing, generally im playing p:m and im posting on my labtop at the same time, im doing it right now actually.

I'm realizing that Lucas' DownB is a really good kill move, and you can actually combo into it(unlike brawl). It sends people on a angle much like the shine does. Really i think it may be his best kill move.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
gimp move watever, hardly anyone can recover from it. At about 90% uthrow to DownB is beast on fastfallers. I imagine it will be even better if the devs can get rid of Brawl DI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom