• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Aw... Hope it's not bad.

Not many characters on demo...

Good :D. Easier to make a demo tier list.

All we have to di is factor in three characters.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
:p It's not like the demo is going to change, is it? It'd be a strictly demo tier list. But then, theres only three new characters, since the melee vets are like they were in melee, so... It would be stupid.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
:p It's not like the demo is going to change, is it? It'd be a strictly demo tier list. But then, theres only three new characters, since the melee vets are like they were in melee, so... It would be stupid.
Not exactly. Link, Mr. G&W, Zelda, and Ganondorf have been changed slightly from their Melee versions. Heck, even Mario's up-b to wall jump is much mor abusable.

leelue

Smash Lord
Since the demo won't be updated minus a few glitch related patches, it isn't a completely absurd idea to make a tier list for it.

The game is just too new though.

Yes it will become obsolete one day, but if before then a list was worked on, it could give the team valuable information on how the general public is using the characters and which characters need to be adjusted.

also, like it was mentioned, many veterans are different. Even if the spacies are very close to their old selves, they aren't going to play exactly the same. Landing detection has an effect on falcos laser. DI lets characters move out of combos. Their forward Bs can be extended by tapping B during the end of the animation. etc.

It's a new world out there

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I thought the thing with the knees and the landing (landing detection) was the only thing different... aw...

But, probably, it would still be safe to use the current melee tier list and have all the current characters in the demo be arrange like they are on that, and then insert the three new ones, right? Or are the changes bigger than I'm thinking?

G

genkaku

You have to remember that tier lists aren't static.
Puff, anyone?
It would be silly for the PMBR to buff a character with a supposedly low placement only to find out that it was a monster to begin with.

leelue

Smash Lord
@ Mr-o
Much bigger than you think, especially outside of the old top tier.

@ genkaku
part of the reason they released a demo was to get a feel for how the public uses and abuses characters and the advanced techniques our extra thousand Wiis will find.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I remember Shiek and Marth once being Top, Fox being Upper and Falco and Falcon being just high, Now look at how it is today, XD. P:M will change drastically. And a character isn't inherently good. It fares better against some matchups and worse in others. If for example, Fox starts getting overpowered by Link, Gannon, Squirtle and Wolf, because of the recalibration, even if he is the same, he will go down. This is just an example, mind you.

Edit: @Bees.

And this is only the demo :). Imagine the complete version.

MP8

Smash Journeyman
Random question: will there be more color or outfit options in Project M? Or a custom mode that pertains to this maybe?

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Hm.

So, anyone else think Snake looks awesome? Yet to get it, need to buy the stuff tommorow to download it.

leelue

Smash Lord
@ vigilante
Points well taken

I suppose I am of the immovable stance that collaborating a tier list when possible is not a bad thing. I do, however, see that such an endeavor would have potential pitfalls.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Random question: will there be more color or outfit options in Project M? Or a custom mode that pertains to this maybe?
Do you mean more character texture slots or just different textures for the available slots?

D

Deleted member

Just make your own mental tier list.

There's no need to try and arbitrarily prove something that we have no evidence for now for the sake of creating a tier list.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
true... I really need to curb this strange complex I have. I'll look up MMORPG wikis, just to research the classes and find out which one is the best. Thats why I have a tier list obsession.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
As for additional textures, I doubt it. The Sonic textures were mostly to help differentiate the Sonics in Team battle. But you can get some on Brawl Vault. You install the in the character folder. The forum has a thread in the customizable content section for this.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
All done at your own discretion. I would highly recommend making sure that certain colored costumes go over team colors to keep confusion on team battles to a minimum but it's all up to you. The best place to find textures would be Brawl Vault, google it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I saw in the known issues you can't standing grab someone behind you...

Why is this an issue? This seems like a good thing...
****ing everything in smash is supposed to have that one stupid hitbox, etc that gets you for no real reason.

EVERYTHING. EVEN STANDING.

MP8

Smash Journeyman
Do you mean more character texture slots or just different textures for the available slots?
More texture slots. Aside from the established one's there, will there be more along with them?

All done at your own discretion. I would highly recommend making sure that certain colored costumes go over team colors to keep confusion on team battles to a minimum but it's all up to you. The best place to find textures would be Brawl Vault, google it.
Thanks but I'm not one to modify myself so I use what I'm given. I was just curious if they were going to include more textures or outfits but its no biggie.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sonic is broken in project M. I hope MK turns out to be able to keep Sonic in check.

M!nt

Smash Champion
You cant as of now create new character costume slots and if you just let other people do the costumes , its not going to look original or the way you want it, its best to just do it yourself and personalize project m.:bee: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?#Type=%Character% just put a costume under the character and Fit(character)XX.pac/pcs XX being costume number. they go under private/RSBE/pf/fighter/(character)

M!nt

Smash Champion
yeah how exactly is he broken seem to on par with other characters

MP8

Smash Journeyman
You cant as of now create new character costume slots and if you just let other people do the costumes , its not going to look original or the way you want it, its best to just do it yourself and personalize project m.:bee: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?#Type=%Character% just put a costume under the character and Fit(character)XX.pac/pcs XX being costume number. they go under private/RSBE/pf/fighter/(character)
That's what I meant. My bad. Not myself but yeah. I wouldn't know how anyways. Just wondering if Project M was was going to include more.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Sonic is quick and can combo and edgeguard and vertically recover well. However, his knockback is very poor, he lacks a decent spike and lacks range. I think he's fairly balanced. Once you shield grab him, he's not as scary.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You know typically characters aren't as threatening when you've grabbed them. I don't think this is exactly a Sonic exclusive detail.

Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom