• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
@BigWenz: It's the same hitbox, the electric effect is simply gone.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
@BigWenz: It's the same hitbox, the electric effect is simply gone.
The inner hitbox is a legitimate flubbox, but more powerful than Melee's Mario flubbox. The Fireball hitbox has Doc sweetspot power.

It would be a little stupid if Mario had the full on Doc hit on the inside and the Mario hit on the fireball. It would be like Mario essentially having two sweetspot hitboxes.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you're probably not tilting it correctly
or it's not 100% neutral when you plug your controller into your wii

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
you're probably not tilting it correctly
or it's not 100% neutral when you plug your controller into your wii
I think it happens in every brawl version but often times when I c-stick it does a wrong input. I think the deadzones for controllers are not as big as Melee. Some Emulators let you set deadzones so this possibly could be fixed.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Why did some characters (looking mostly at Ganon) get to keep some of the buffs they got from brawl when they were reverted back for Project M but characters like GW got nothing (other than a real shield)? GW should get his chute back on upb, you have virtually no horizontal control once you use it, and chasing people into the air with it ends up with you falling back down before you can do anything.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You seem to not realize that there are several not-so-obvious changes to G&W that make him all around a better character, specifically his entire moveset.

Why did some characters (looking mostly at Ganon) get to keep some of the buffs they got from brawl when they were reverted back for Project M but characters like GW got nothing (other than a real shield)? GW should get his chute back on upb, you have virtually no horizontal control once you use it, and chasing people into the air with it ends up with you falling back down before you can do anything.
Saying G&W got nothing is a bit of a stretch, to put it lightly. I'd say he's looking to be one of the better characters in the demo.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
-Legit shield
-Fantastic kill power
-Can act out of Up-B
-Can cancel n-B by landing
-Aerials that couldn't be L-canceled can now be L-canceled

-Oh, and killer Parachute Nair

Zef

Smash Ace
QUESTION

When gdub gets hit by something while doing his parachute, it stays on him and goes away randomly..

is this accidental? or an easter egg? xD;

Revven

FrankerZ
If you do not have the FitGamewatch00.pcs/.pac it will stay on for longer. The .pcs/.pac fix it so it doesn't stay out for too long when he gets hit while using Nair, it was the best fix we could do. It's just the way the game treats the parachute when not used in Up B or w.e.

Matt07

Smash Master
This game looks mad legit, probably going to get an SD card soon to play it :).

Also, sorry if this has been asked 1000x :(, but can Link Bomb Jump?

Revven

FrankerZ
Yes Link can bomb jump except it's a little trickier if you do it with Up B as only the last hit seems to make it blow up. You CAN however use Aerial Glide Tossing to propel yourself into your own bomb and Up B.

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
I checked the deadzones in game with both games and they both seem alright, PM seems only slightly more small, but not enough to make a difference. Im not sure why it would smash the wrong direction but it happens lol.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
i dont think so cause when me n thunderhorse played last saturday he seemed to be aware this was an issue.
We have a strong suspicion on what causes it based on the time frame of when it started happening and the likely correlation between the issue and the code we expect is causing it, but we don't have solid empirical data.

There is definitely something wonky going on with C-related inputs though.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Is there any possibility that the team might release frame data? There are new moves in the game (Snake's u-tilt), and one's that have been altered from the game they originally appeared in (sonic's d-smash).

I mainly want to know the speed of sonic's d-smash, so I can see what it stuffs. But getting a complete list of frame data would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom