• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
Melee: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Cooler1339/IMG_0167.jpg
PM Wide: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Cooler1339/IMG_0169.jpg
PM Standard: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Cooler1339/IMG_0173.jpg

Just changing that really does help a LOT. All of a sudden the game feels 20x more like melee, My Marth FAirs are landing where they should, my recovery is better aimed omgomg I am so happy!
Um, you do know you're playing in stretched-out mode right.

But hey, I guess if that's what you're used to.

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
Standard screenshot is 16:9, the one you labeled wide is actually 4:3 rofl.
no that's a strechted 4:3 says in the options

Yes I am aware now that i am playing stretched but my tv was set like that for years automatically without my knowing. I bet you sooo many people have the same problem.

I just played marth and it feels AMAZING. Image 1 and 3 look soooooo much closer than 2 which is widescreen.

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
I mean you could probably set your TV to 4:3 to get some black bars and play unstretched Melee, but again if that's your preference it doesn't really matter.

Ecks

Smash Lord
OMG Zelda's incredible! She's just pure win. I'm going to have the worst time deciding who I'll main.

Incredible work guys

And to those who haven't played her yet (and have the demo), GO DO IT.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I use one button to WD OOS and I can do it just fine (and I have average tech skill at best). Maybe it doesn't feel exactly like Melee, but give it some time and it will become natural for you.
it doesn't feel smooth to me, I feel like I have to break up all the button presses and make it all chunky feeling.

I dunno, I'll keep trying it out tonight and see how it goes.

I think it is because I have to fully let go of the button before pressing it down again. Maybe if I used a classic controller it would be fine, but I have used melee controller since it came out....

In melee, I could waveshine out of shield while keeping the button pressed half way or whatever so that the shield would come up again quickly and smoothly... does that make any sense? I've been playing this game for so long that I don't even know how to explain things, they just kinda work.

Like I said, I will keep trying it and see if I get used to it...

Rikana

Smash Champion
Yeah. I personally don't like the battle portraits either. I don't even mind if the stocks are very simple.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Yeah its just so pointless and waste of space, I dont need a picture and a name to know who is playing.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Btw, what kinda sorcery did you guys use to make the loading screen so fast?

Revven

FrankerZ
it doesn't feel smooth to me, I feel like I have to break up all the button presses and make it all chunky feeling.

I think it is because I have to fully let go of the button before pressing it down again. Maybe if I used a classic controller it would be fine, but I have used melee controller since it came out....

In melee, I could waveshine out of shield while keeping the button pressed half way or whatever so that the shield would come up again quickly and smoothly... does that make any sense? I've been playing this game for so long that I don't even know how to explain things, they just kinda work.

Uhh there's light presses dude, there won't be any difference here between CC and GCN controllers.

looking at this picture http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Cooler1339/IMG_0167.jpg
makes me wonder is it possible to make the stocks look like this and get rid of the picture, just wondering.
Stocks are not loaded on a per character basis, if we made the red stocks for example a Mario head it would apply for every character for that player therefore it isn't possible to have stock heads. If we remove the battle portraits I'm not sure if we will be able to move the character franchise HUDs to be centered under the stocks. But this is an aesthetic thing and hasn't been done because we've been focused on other more important things.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Melee: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Cooler1339/IMG_0167.jpg
PM Wide: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Cooler1339/IMG_0169.jpg
PM Standard: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Cooler1339/IMG_0173.jpg

Just changing that really does help a LOT. All of a sudden the game feels 20x more like melee, My Marth FAirs are landing where they should, my recovery is better aimed omgomg I am so happy!
Eww at people playing Melee (games, TV shows, movies, whatever) made for 4:3 in stretched widescreen. Gross.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Stocks are not loaded on a per character basis, if we made the red stocks for example a Mario head it would apply for every character for that player therefore it isn't possible to have stock heads. If we remove the battle portraits I'm not sure if we will be able to move the character franchise HUDs to be centered under the stocks. But this is an aesthetic thing and hasn't been done because we've been focused on other more important things.
aw that sucks, but oh well guess its only a minor annoyance.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Well, you could minimize the GUI by replacing the slash under the name and the names themselves with blank images. I have a good feeling that replacing the battle portraits with blank ones will simply display the gray box alone. Stock heads can sadly not be brought back unless some extensive hacking is done. I might look into the info.pac file and see what can be minimized though. If there's models located in there that determine the location of certain GUI pieces, I could experiment with them.

You have to admit though, the auto-transparency effect really helps out if it starts to get in the way.

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
lol it's all in your head. I leave Melee stretched as well, and it makes no difference to me in Project M.
It really is all in my head, I am just so use to the many years I played like this that I find it a little more difficult to aim my sword where I want it to be unstretched. I sent pictures to my friends and they all want to give PM another shot lol. "Oh wow that looks so much better. Exactly like melee" is what he wrote me.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If Dant found something about telling the strap loader to skip the opening, that's just fantastic. I'm quite curious on how he did it.

Starscream

Smash Ace
It still loads the opening but the time that it goes "Now Loading" is way faster. Like nearly non-existent. It's ridiculous.

And kudos for keeping the "Now Loading" instead of trying to change it up. Looks more professional. "Fun Speed Activating" was ********.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Well, I just started looking into the info.pac more and I'm positive there are ways to manipulate and move around the GUI. Stock icons should be fairly simple to reposition as long as I find out what bones are used for the four players (there's two extras for six participant scenarios). Sadly, I can't test anything at the moment, but when I get the chance, I'll happily work towards a more 64/Melee-esque conservative GUI (save for the stock heads, which is really a shame).

Sneak8288

Smash Champion

i wavedash out of shield smoothly and consistently all the time with one button. Its easy once your used to it. The same exact thing you can do with the 2 buttons is possible with the one

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh yeah, I remembered a question I asked that didn't get answered: are you going to release the font used for essentially everything in the menus and stage titles? I want to make some custom stage titles, but I can't copy the letters straight from the stage title files because of how they overlap. Now that I mentioned the info.pac, I also remembered that I could make a damage % style from the numbers in P:M's font too.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Actually, I'm going to hunt around in some of the demo files and see if I can find the numbers separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom