• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Come to think of it, how does the game actually save replays? I'm asking about what happens inside. :p

Ulevo

Smash Master
It saves the command inputs, then reenacts them when you go to view the replay. That's why replays with desync if you're using a different mod set then from the one the replay was originally saved on.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Pit with wing car confirmed for PM. Seriously though, the discussion abouty pit was really interesting. airchasing confirmed for PM.

Ecks

Smash Lord
FFFFFUUUUUUU-I missed it!
I demand to see dat ness replay!
(please and thank you)

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
The stream last night was great. I had extreme amounts of lag in the beginning, but later it became less frequent.

Anyway, the roy and pit discussion between me, spam, darksonic and others were pretty entertaining.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Sure wish I could've followed it, but my computer could not follow. I hear DK was showing improvements.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
1) Bum! should change his name to King Zing after last night, because his performance was boss.
*ba-dum-tish* :V

2) Airchasing sounds rather interesting. Here's hoping that it can be implemented well.

3) I know the new Samus intro doesn't mean that the P:M crew are making any new intros for anyone (except Ivysaur, who needs one), but I thought I would share my ideas with the class, before the topic faded into obscurity:

Zero Suit Samus: Crystal Flash out of Power Suit
Sonic : Leaps out of a Giant Ring (or Star Post warp), poses before Ring vanishes/Post sinks into ground
Link: Rides in on Epona
Toon Link: Flies in on a cucco... before losing his grip, falling on his tush, and getting up painfully

4) Speaking of which, we need some talk on how to improve Ivysaur. The only talk I can recall in this thread is regarding her recovery, or making Razor Leaf directional like Link's Boomerang (which I fully support). The girl seriously needs some love.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
2) Airchasing sounds rather interesting. Here's hoping that it can be implemented well.
We had a hell of a discussion about it. If it works maybe some other wing'd or flying characters could get some things out of it. You can't really call the idea of Airchase broken or OP'd it's no different from techchasing and it's not even as safe as juggling because if you miss you could be punished.

Link40

Smash Cadet
The best new entry for Link would be the boss teleporting from OOT, in the famous Blue Light. And for Toon Link, a tornado would be perfect !

leelue

Smash Lord
@ tbomb

Ivysaur has a chance at becoming a good and unique character. The vines and projectiles are a great start to a defensive character, and if the development team can play to that, I think we can have a healthy, annoying pokemon by the time its all over.

off the top of my head

Even a slight knockback and damage increase for the Bair. This move only needs to be borderline useful for me to use it, since the range is absurd.

Less startup time and more knockback in the sourspots for the down smash. This way it can be actually useful and combo'd onto out of the air (say a Nair)

Something radical has to be done about bullet seed (as is the case with ivysaur in general.) What if ivysaur could rotate in the air with it?
At a fair speed of course (lol melee kirby aerial hammer speed).
That could be a very unique and possibly effective spacing tool if it was cancelled upon landing (seed into Fsmash sounds sexy) or even as a deterrent when trying to recover.

One of her grabs could heal her (giga drain).

Increase her weight And her aerial velocity to compensate for the bad recovery.

these are just rough ideas thrown out there to show that ivysaur really isn't a lost cause. Her weakness (omg I'm offstage noooooo) doesn't have to be fixed, even. I want some characters to have poor recoveries besides the ones that deserve it. Play to her strengths. Make her unique. Hell, even the Brawl + spore attacks would be cool.
Since Ivysaur is starting so far behind, catching her up can be a cool and rewarding exercise.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
So what airchasing consists in?
Missed the streaming last night...
Airchasing is like techchasing....but in the air...O__O

Basically the concept revolves around Pit and his new sideB which is pretty much going to be an insta-glide. So his attack will revolve around around air-chase setups.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
So... Will these Ness videos be uploaded...?

Elaborate on air chasing, what are the mechanics of his side-b which are different from other aerial dashes, like R.O.B.'s? At the moment, it just sounds like juggling.

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
Airchasing is like techchasing....but in the air...O__O

Basically the concept revolves around Pit and his new sideB which is pretty much going to be an insta-glide. So his attack will revolve around around air-chase setups.
I see, that sounds interesting as far as it doesn't get too broken.

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
You don't have to worry about balance. We're the ****ing PMBR
Holy **** I don't expect less!

Project M is my most wanted for wii this year, even more that Zelda SS or The Last Story. I know enough about coding to actually understand the ****ing PMBR you all are.

Can't wait for the demo guys.

Also, though this is totally joke, taunt cancel for Show me your moves would be epic in serious tourney finals.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You don't have to worry about balance. We're the ****ing PMBR
DON'T WORRY NEVER FEAR.
****ING PM BRoom IS HERE.

LITTLE DID THEY KNOW, THAT LURKING IN THE CORNER WAS STINGERS WITH HIS LACKY SMITH WITH HIS NEW FAUCET GUN READY TO LEAK P:M ALL OVER THE CITY OF SMASHBOARDS...

WILL THE DASTARDLY DUO GET AWAY WITH THEIR WET PLAN!?

TUNE IN NEXT TIME!

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
Uh yes, it's definitely very worthwhile to fix. Mario's SH Bair waveland is impossible to do, Marth's SHDF is very difficult to do, SHL and Missile canceling do not occur as low to the ground as they used to
I ****ing swear if i see another person use the exact same examples in the exact same ****ing order my head will blow.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
So yeah, I think Mario's SH Bair to waveland is too easy to do. Marth SHDF is even easier. I do it in my sleep. it was harder in melee.

SHL and Missle canceling are lower than they should be too.

people need to fix this ****

leelue

Smash Lord
mad lols at the logic fallacies that were just exposed.

I understand that the transition is supposed to be seamless, but what's wrong with change? especially in A) Marthas case where he won't suffer terribly, since he's already fantastic, and in B) the falco/samus case where it doesn't make sense anyway.

Even with the short characters being hard to hit, it could have the benefit of making them feel small, which sounds good to me.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
um, he was trolling. there are no logical fallacies to not trying to make something make sense in a fighting game starring Mario and Captain Falcon.

leelue

Smash Lord
the fallacy I was referring to is that this particular difference is bad. his alternative version was humorous because if his joking was reality, people would complain too. People resist change because they crave familiarity. It's silly to say "change this cuz I can't do x like I did in y" as opposed to "well, this could be better long term"

funny, I completely messed up by saying logical fallacy. I decided, "well, let's bs an argument"

but in seriousness we do have logic
In addition to having some flexibility and suspensions of disbelief when necessary and natural for gameplay (or fun). Magic. Double jumps. Our entire damage system. But why should samus be able to fire a missile (only when landing) that might as well have been fired from her ankles? Better for her, worse for low crouching characters. Better for the game in general? Subjective. I chose the logical argument, but I don't play spacies or samus.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
DON'T WORRY NEVER FEAR.
****ING PM BRoom IS HERE.

LITTLE DID THEY KNOW, THAT LURKING IN THE CORNER WAS STINGERS WITH HIS LACKY SMITH WITH HIS NEW FAUCET GUN READY TO LEAK P:M ALL OVER THE CITY OF SMASHBOARDS...

WILL THE DASTARDLY DUO GET AWAY WITH THEIR WET PLAN!?

TUNE IN NEXT TIME!
Lolwut??????? That sounds like 70s Batman cartoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom