• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That'll teach you to have a social life Stevo!

Heh, I'll get a few matches up from last night sometime this week.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i wasn't really feelin Zelda's new side-b but how exactly does it work?...can you control the delay?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Why not Super Finish Compiling All the Stages Already:
The While We Wait Special Edition.

Were you guys able to restorw the Ic's Dthrow to Nana Dair to regrab Combo yet???

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
More of my "What if Project: M decided to have a real world soundtrack", and with it, more proof that I absolutely have no taste in music whatsoever...
Hyrule Castle
C02 - Chemical Brothers - It Began in Africa
C09 - maNga - Bir Kadin Cizeceksin
C01 - Infected Mushroom - Smashing the Opponent
C04 - Juno Reactor - Hule Lam
C05 - Jay Z & Linkin Park - 99 Problems Closer
C08 - Lab - Beat The Boys
C17 - The Classic Crime - Blisters & Coffee
C18 - Limp Bizkit - Pollution
C19 - Pendulum - Fasten Your Seatbelt

Pokemon Stadium 1
W09 - BT - Kimosabe
W16 - Jerk - Sucked In
W10 - Celldweller - One Good Reason (Instrumental)

Luigi's Mansion
A09 - Xzibit - LAX
A06 - Rage Against the Machine - Bombs Over Baghdad
A05 - Jaguar Skills - Halloween Special 09
Q10 - Fake Blood - The Dozens
Q11 - Celldweller - The Wings of Icarus (Beta Cessions 01)

Green Greens (Melee)
W07 - Junkie XL - Def Beat
W06 - Junkie XL - War
Remember, "what if" means imagining, pretending or supposing, so dont mistake this for a request.

Revven

FrankerZ
Were you guys able to restorw the Ic's Dthrow to Nana Dair to regrab Combo yet???
Not yet because ICs' moves you have to remember are a PAIN to edit because you also have to edit Nana as well. While their throws have Melee timings and stats, their moves do not. Weight dependent throw KB is also still in the game so that has an affect as well still.

As said awhile ago (whenever this was by whoever), don't be surprised if ICs are done last.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
ICs have some other funny CGs right now. Dthrow -> fsmash -> regrab is actually guaranteed on some characters up to something like 40-50%. There are also Brawl CGs, although the timing is weird. Those would ideally disappear, although to what extent they can be removed depends on several factors.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
^I actually dont mind that solution.

Brawl ICs with Melee physics. Think about it for a minute.

Also, I really cant wait! Heres hoping this sequel to Melee lives up to the hype...

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
That's basically what the ICs already are. They currently feel much like their Brawl counterparts with a wavedash and better aerials. I'm generally fine with this, but infinites aren't interesting and should be avoided if possible. CGs like Melee's dthrow dair, fsmash grab, and handoff are fine; the first two only work if you guess your opponent's DI correctly, and the latter is so situational that it's not really a problem.

The issue is that getting rid of Brawl-esque infinites is really hard. The solution I like the most would be to have Nana always uthrow when she gets a grab, but I have a feeling that tampering with her AI like that would be very difficult. Another option would be to just make Brawl infinites as difficult as possible, but there's always going to be that one guy who can do it quite well anyways. Another option would be adjusting the ICs throws such that it's not possible to immediately grab again with the free IC, but that also seems like a huge pain.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
IC's grabs can have smaller range?

I think the game would blow up if we did that.

Oracle

Smash Master
Why not leave in the brawl infinites? It would be the equivalent of wobbling, only harder to do. That also takes out the possible issue of coding in nana's melee "random" grabs.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Because infinites are stupid, basically.

And then we'd have to implement a "no stalling with your stupid infinites" rule.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Please no infinites -_-... I had nightmares the first time King dedede big meaty hands grabbed me and I couldent get away.

I was going through my fix of PM videos and struck up a question. Do you think Saki from Sin and Punishment might make it to the new rooster? Saki and Little mac go over very well over shiek.

Maybe with a few edits they would work out as good characters using shiek as the model.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I remember when I faced lain for the first time and he 3 stocked my *** in a way that made me feel like the goatse guy.

Then I practiced the matchup.

Problem solved, don't john about infinites. If it's a huge problem to take them out, then just leave them in. It's not that big a deal.

OverLade

Smash Hero
ICs are garbage without infinites. Getting a grab in vbrawl is hard enough, even though you can powershield anything to grab. In Melee nikkas will just run a train all over your **** and nana will die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom