• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kati

Smash Lord
Is any work being done on the improving the camera? I saw one old video that slightly tweaked it, but I don't know if it was explored further or not.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Is any work being done on the improving the camera? I saw one old video that slightly tweaked it, but I don't know if it was explored further or not.
We removed the cameraman. It is now controlled by a Lakitu.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Those responsible for sacking the previous cameraman have also been sacked.

/MontyPython

Eh, might not have nailed that quote exactly.

DZLE

Smash Master
Nah, but I played on SCHTServ for years. Still play.

When I tried years ago to make my username "DZLE" on there, I was like wait... wtf?
Someone else uses DZLE?!?!

Then I met the guy. He wasn't a mod at the time and we played a few times through a close friend.

But yeah, kind of way weird coincidence.

good eye

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Nah, but I played on SCHTServ for years. Still play.

When I tried years ago to make my username "DZLE" on there, I was like wait... wtf?
Someone else uses DZLE?!?!

Then I met the guy. He wasn't a mod at the time and we played a few times through a close friend.

But yeah, kind of way weird coincidence.

good eye
Heh, cool. I haven't been able to play PSOBB because I'm at college and I don't have Windows on my Mac just yet. I've really wanted to get back into it.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
How close are the devs to restoring the Melee-style camera? Is that still being worked on?

Also, it would be kind of awesome if the devs would be sweethearts and provide general frame data for the entire cast, when the game is officially released.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
That video, Fsmash to tech in the platform to triple hit Dsmash, I loled

The fact that Dolphin Slash is giving low knockback, it isn't because people are hitting too near of marth and too far from the sword's tip? Or it really needs to be changed?

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
WOW marth looks Ill in that video.. hell the game in general, the Description says it all.. Good **** Backroomers, Cant wait to play this!!! >_<

Anth0ny

Smash Master
That Marth vid is awesome. I didn't even know you guys did the animations to give him his Melee range back. Are all his sword moves done?

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
I kinda have the feeling that P:M is going to be the best Smash Bros eva.
i agree ,Unless Sakurai plans on creating another one, but this time modeled after melee so that teams like the PMBR wont have to do it. XD

Edit: Actually.. the only difference between melee and Standard brawl from a broader perspective, is that melee is simply more of a competitive game. The line between newbs and Pros is way thicker in melee than brawl. Im not saying anyone can pick up a controller and Instantly get nice in Brawl, But it takes more time to get pro at Melee than it will take to get pro in brawl in my opinion.

Outta curiosity, how long did it take some of you to Get the Advanced techniques down when u were introduced to them?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'd say about a week or two on wavedashing and that was only getting the movement itself in. Incorporating it is still a major work-in-progress.

L-canceling was probably about a week and then there was getting used to the different landing points for each character. I do fairly well with it except I'm terrible at L-canceling Doc's Dair.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
It's great to see a set of vids with Samus in them again. Can't wait until she starts getting some more attention in the backroom. Unless she's already getting some, haha.

One thing I'm really looking forward to is seeing who everyone picks up once the game finally releases. If everyone is really made viable, pros already known for one character might just make a fresh face famous.

V-K

Smash Ace
Well perhaps when all the kids play Super Smash Bros War we will still be playing P:M.

Depends if Sakurai notices our desire for a deep competitive smash. Maybe he has seen the B+ stuff and improves that in his next Smash.

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
Well perhaps when all the kids play Super Smash Bros War we will still be playing P:M.

Depends if Sakurai notices our desire for a deep competitive smash. Maybe he has seen the B+ stuff and improves that in his next Smash.
that would probably be the title too lol

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Outta curiosity, how long did it take some of you to Get the Advanced techniques down when u were introduced to them?
SHFFL Took me about a day. I can only do it with Link though since i don't play anyone else (except the occasional urge to play marth only to have it drilled into my head that i can't play him for ****)
SHDL took me about 10 minutes to land 3 times in a row <_> short hopping with fox is a pain in the *** for me as it is. No way in hell i can land it in a match.
wavedashing took me a day to stop screwing up.
wave shining.. lmao no way in hell i can do that =_= i must be doing it wrong..

basically.. i have the tech skill of a 2 year old :D

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Getting the concept of the introductory advance techs (L-canceling, wavedashing, ledgehopping, ect, ect) took no more than an hour total.

Applying it in real matches and not messing up? A couple of all day smashfests.

Doing them consistently in tournament when you're under pressure? Idk about 15 tournaments?

People still miss L-cancels or airdodge off the stage in tournament to this day, so don't feel too bad if you're not getting it.

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
For me it took about a week to Get wavedashing and L canceling down, and i still mess up from time to time.. rarely though.. It took me about 4-5 months total to get a solid Tournament game. but that was for winning a few rounds small tourneys at fests. as for major tournaments, I got owned at Pound 2 XD. But it was still a cool experience.. Though i always had issues with Space animals. But my Fox has gotten way better than When i started.

Tech Skill within that 4-5 month period: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_0rK1Jp4I

and a combo video.. old as dirt!!!!:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knivlxDGTfA

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Maybe a weekish to get AT's down and actually use them in a real match.
Though when I play Melee now I mess all sorts of things down because of how much I play P:M compared to Melee now. I have to drill Melee's landing detection back in my head for the timing of a lot of things because I conditioned myself to Brawl's landing detection.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
For me it took about a week to Get wavedashing and L canceling down, and i still mess up from time to time.. rarely though.. It took me about 4-5 months total to get a solid Tournament game. but that was for winning a few rounds small tourneys at fests. as for major tournaments, I got owned at Pound 2 XD. But it was still a cool experience.. Though i always had issues with Space animals. But my Fox has gotten way better than When i started.

Tech Skill within that 4-5 month period: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_0rK1Jp4I

and a combo video.. old as dirt!!!!:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knivlxDGTfA
I thought I hunted down all the Marth's that play melee....How on earth did I miss you. Anyways I stole some clips of you hope you don't mind?

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
I thought I hunted down all the Marth's that play melee....How on earth did I miss you. Anyways I stole some clips of you hope you don't mind?
Thats because i have been busy with school.. these were taped my freshman year.. and i'm currently on my last semester.. as soon as i graduate i will be back.. in fact i plan on competing at pound 5.

and SURE!!! although these clips are very VERY old.. i wish i had some people to play up here but all the people i used to play smash with are either in the military or home in Baltimore. Im 2.5 hours away from them so all i can do is fight CPU. Anyone know Cumberland/Frostburg Smashers?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i just can't wait until people stop saying "P:M" and start saying "PM" since there isn't a colon anymore.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
man you guys are crazy

it took me forever to get wavedashing, shot hopping and l cancelling down consistently. having noone to play with sucks >_>

i probably miss 1 in 100 l cancels now, but still, it took me months to get used to all the timing. i guess im just slow *sigh*

Stevo

Smash Champion
question

what button is used for Lucas' charge up thing.

because I would suggest this layout

B neutral- pk freeze
B forward-Psi magnet
B down-charge up thing

I know most shield type moves are down b, but he puts the magnet in front of him, and moves like mario's cape make sense, and having the charge up move as a neutral or forward b makes a lot less sense to me.

If this is already the case then ignore this post.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Offense Up is set to neutral B.

his layout is perfectly fine and changing his B moves around would just be unnecessary.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Thats because i have been busy with school.. these were taped my freshman year.. and i'm currently on my last semester.. as soon as i graduate i will be back.. in fact i plan on competing at pound 5.

and SURE!!! although these clips are very VERY old.. i wish i had some people to play up here but all the people i used to play smash with are either in the military or home in Baltimore. Im 2.5 hours away from them so all i can do is fight CPU. Anyone know Cumberland/Frostburg Smashers?
I don't know any sorry. It doesn't really matter how old they are. I've been trying to get footage of as many marth's possible In a series I started called Legacy(legacy of marf)

Recent trailer I just showcased some of the Marth's that are going to be in the next Legacy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPIzXr42f24

Legacy 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPm3Zu_bS1o

If any Marth's are interested in Joining feel free to post in the thread in the Marth section.

I hope 1 day I can use PM Marth footage for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom