• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

** Ace **

Smash Cadet
Can you explain what your plans on Ganondorf are?
How close are you going to make him as Melee Ganondorf?
What about the voice?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Hmm... if I may suggest something, you guys should add a progress page on Smashmods.com that could be organized like this:

Completed Codes:
(I don't know if you can call anything 100% yet, so I can't give an example)

Codes Currently Working On:
(example: Landing Detection)

Cancelled/ Postponed Codes:
(example: Wall Tethers? Again, I don't know)

Known Bugs:
(example: obvious stuff that people shouldn't bother mentioning to the P:M team)

Completed Characters:
(example: Falco?)

Characters Currently Working On:
(example: Snake)

Characters Currently/Relatively Untouched:
(example: Peach)

Plans/Future Goals:

^^Just a suggestion to remove the ants in everyone's pants. And if you don't have free time I'm sure you don't have to look far to find someone willing to help.

Revven

FrankerZ
Can you explain what your plans on Ganondorf are?
How close are you going to make him as Melee Ganondorf?
What about the voice?
While I'm not on the team, I can tell you what I do know from what I have seen:

Ganondorf's Fsmash uses the Warlock Punch animation but has the same hitbox properties his Melee Fsmash has, except the range is a bit different due to the different animation.

His Fair perfectly matches his Melee Fair
He has his Melee Dair, which is also perfectly matched in animation and hitbox(es)
His Bair has remained as his vBrawl incarnation (most likely because it has slightly longer reach than the Melee one)
Uair is unchanged afaik
His jab is pretty much the same as his Melee jab
Side B is the same as vBrawl
Down B is stronger, otherwise the same as vBrawl
He has angled Ftilts, up and down, both likely have the same hitbox sizes as the Melee angled tilts (both are based off the vBrawl Ftilt which is what he has still)
Utilt is the same
Dtilt is the same
Dsmash works like it does in Melee (both parts of it hit when it connects which the second hit launches them up)
Usmash is the same as Melee, animation and hitboxes
Up B is the same as vBrawl

All of this is based on what I've seen in the streams. As for his voice, afaik the team has stated previously that SFX is not a huge priority however, if there's enough people who want SFX replacement they could make an optional SFX replacement package as with an optional texture pack.

Hope that helps.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
People happen to like the bounce.

it's too cartoony <_<

another question.
i never was able to get into competitive melee until recently. i was like 12 at that time.

so what's the dif between spot dodges and roll dodges in melee?
i notice rolls are used significantly more than spot dodges. how drastic is the dif between brawl's and melee's? and i assume they will be restored to melee because brawl spot dodges are stupid =/

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Ok i just got paid, where's the best place to order a recording setup from?
Just Google search for Dazzles and get the cheapest new one you can find. I'd be surprised if you couldn't find it under $30 somewhere.

And don't buy a different brand, trust me. I first tried an ATI TV Wonder (hardly an off-brand) and it was a piece of ****. Just go with what you know will work.

** Ace **

Smash Cadet
While I'm not on the team, I can tell you what I do know from what I have seen:

Ganondorf's Fsmash uses the Warlock Punch animation but has the same hitbox properties his Melee Fsmash has, except the range is a bit different due to the different animation.

His Fair perfectly matches his Melee Fair
He has his Melee Dair, which is also perfectly matched in animation and hitbox(es)
His Bair has remained as his vBrawl incarnation (most likely because it has slightly longer reach than the Melee one)
Uair is unchanged afaik
His jab is pretty much the same as his Melee jab
Side B is the same as vBrawl
Down B is stronger, otherwise the same as vBrawl
He has angled Ftilts, up and down, both likely have the same hitbox sizes as the Melee angled tilts (both are based off the vBrawl Ftilt which is what he has still)
Utilt is the same
Dtilt is the same
Dsmash works like it does in Melee (both parts of it hit when it connects which the second hit launches them up)
Usmash is the same as Melee, animation and hitboxes
Up B is the same as vBrawl

All of this is based on what I've seen in the streams. As for his voice, afaik the team has stated previously that SFX is not a huge priority however, if there's enough people who want SFX replacement they could make an optional SFX replacement package as with an optional texture pack.

Hope that helps.
thx, hope they make his UP B same as Melee
What about he power? he is kinda weak in Brawl

I also need to keep in mind that they are not done yet

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
His Up-B has much more base KB and damage from Brawl, and retains the uppercut at the end.

His Bair animation is based upon the Brawl one with slightly greater range, but they were pretty similar to begin with.

If you haven't seen B+ it's worth noting that the Side-B is techable.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
There's a decent chance of a stream tonight at some point. No idea what time, but no earlier than 7 for sure.

D

Deleted member

Chill out, the devs don't exist to serve you spoon fed people.

I'm sure on a saturday night 9:00 isn't considered late for the smash community as a whole.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Stream or no stream, I always love you JCaesar.
If I was Brutus, I would never kill you <3

link2702

Smash Champion
a question for those that are working on P:M

what are you going to do about the characters that were exclusive to brawl? what changes are you going to make to them to make em feel like a melee character? what about the ones that were in melee, but didn't make the cut for brawl? And are you gonna buff the characters that weren't quite good enough in melee?

also...if you are readding characters, such as roy, Pichu, and Mewtwo.....how are you gonna go about doing it? I'm espicially curious about young link, are you just gonna replace toon link with young link? are you going to keep both in, and just make young links style exactly the same as it was in melee( a clone of link) or are you just gonna modify Tlink so he plays exactly like young link did in melee(i'm guessing this would be the one ya'll wuold most likely do, as it'd be easier, i'm not even sure HOW you could get young links model into brawl...., less it was a very awkward looking model of Link, with young links texture.)

D

Deleted member

Brawl characters are being sped up and some will have subtle changes. Random example that I just made up: ROB's Up-B changed to something like Game and Watch's Up-B. No gas, because that's not very Melee like.

The fact that all characters can wave-dash, though, makes a difference.

I don't think there's any plans to add characters that were removed.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I don't think there's any plans to add characters that were removed.

<_<
>_>
yer just mad cuz you CAN'T add characters that were removed D:<

WEAK HACKERS

i'mjkdon'tkneeme ._.
not melee knee D:
it tastes like sweat, leather, and manliness @_@

ok i'm done now e.e (for real this time)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sorry about no stream guys. We ended up watching both Zombieland and Kick-***. It was awesome.

Maybe we'll stream a little bit this afternoon. It really depends on when I gotta take Count Kaiser home.

Stream or no stream, I always love you JCaesar.
If I was Brutus, I would never kill you <3
<3<3

Random example that I just made up: ROB's Up-B changed to something like Game and Watch's Up-B. No gas, because that's not very Melee like.
You gotta be careful when you say stuff like this, because the people in this thread will take it as gospel.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
srs question: will you guys change the PS1 windmill back to melee?
so then we'll have windmill spiking (which is similar to slot ******)

curious again.

Revven

FrankerZ
srs question: will you guys change the PS1 windmill back to melee?
so then we'll have windmill spiking (which is similar to slot ******)

curious again.
Best to ask stage hackers, as far as I'm aware though it's currently impossible as the collisions on it are just plain weird.

humble

Smash Ace
We work on a lot at once
oh
10ohs

I know Delorted was just making up a scenario, but do you guys have any plans for R.O.B.S up-B as of yet? If you made it so the boost went higher while the IASA frames started earlier, and he could jump and airdodge out of it, I feel like it'd work pretty well, but I know alot of people don't like the idea. What is your current idea for it?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
tbh I think boost to special fall (like G&W, just without a parachute) would work best for ROB (and Snake)

I also think D3's recovery should be more restricted like Ike's up-b, but you have the option to enter a special fall for more horizontal movement. Because it is just a bit strange how DDD can be one of the strongest and heaviest characters in the game but his jump and recovery is multitudes better than any other character in his weight class and other characters like Mario/ Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom