• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalued

Smash Lord
Just to say:

Loving the demo, everyone in my halls thinks its amazing (including new players and people who hated melee)

Found 2 freezes in game, one when setting the stage selection to random (as default) and also when checking the music for dreamland.

The only thing that i found was a small let down was that brawl DI hasnt been fixed. Alot of melee combos arnt possible, or are far less connected, as people can DI rediculous angles to escape. Just slowed down the game and made it drag out a bit too long.

Snake is epic btw, and lucas is really fun :D

amazing work, and cant wait for the final release (pending 2050)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Using 2GB SD card; Falco can MAD, but vB shines; using homebrew gecko.

What might the problem be?
Do you have FitFalco.pac on your SD card? The download program may have screwed up. I would try redownloaded.

iLink

Smash Champion
I am just gonna say, I love Ganon in this. Flame Choke has quickly become one of my favorite moves.

Also I think Falco has a chain grab. It is something like DThrow>Jab>DThrow>Jab>etc... It works from 45% to 110%.
That doesn't work for 2 reasons.

1) You can DI behind falco
2) You can tech before the jab

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Delete your custom stages.
I did before this and it still froze and I have to unplug it just to turn it off. I booted brawl back on and went to the custom stages menu and it started.

Edit: Thanks for the game it is too legit.

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
I'm guessing the Castlevania stage wasn't released with the demo?
& I'm really enjoying Project M, amazing job!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Question: does the download option "Riivolution offline" mean I can't play this online with other people through wifi?

EDIT: Also, what songs exactly are edited? I want to know so I can edit the song titles in brawlbox

Dantarion

Smash Champion
http://projectm.smashmods.com/downloads.php

Zip downloads now going off of my server.
Should be no problems.

Riivolution online = loading the files over wifi instead of from your storage device
Riivolution offline = downloading the files to your storage device, and using riivolution to load them from there.

You can't play the Riivolution online install without having your wii connected to the internet, but the download is small.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm guessing the Castlevania stage wasn't released with the demo?
& I'm really enjoying Project M, amazing job!
The final version will have a completely different platform movement section that what's currently in, and we didn't want to heavily alter stages from demo to final release.

It's the same reason Hyrule Castle isn't in. We have some possible plans for it and want to at least check out our options before committing to anything.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Question: does the download option "Riivolution offline" mean I can't play this online with other people through wifi?
It means that you download all the files to your wii rather than your Wii downloading them as you play.

The online version is currently not working due to smashmods being down.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Well I just fixed my game with the downloader from the website everything works fine. everything is working great ^_^

TimeTemporal

Smash Cadet
Has anyone mentioned that Lucas'es final smash does nothing? He tries to call meteors but none fall. Out of mp?

jalued

Smash Lord
will there possibly be a patch to fix the DI once its fixed? Would really really appreciate it :)

the demo is epic btw, its just the DI that makes it draw out slightly. I cant shine- bair kill with falco :(

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So yeah this demo is sexy and it feels like you guys injected a drug into brawl's fat self and got it supercharged to be a upcoming champ anyway thanks for the demo.

Revven

FrankerZ
Has anyone mentioned that Lucas'es final smash does nothing? He tries to call meteors but none fall. Out of mp?
We've hijacked some Final Smashes for space for new moves and/or things characters needed in order to function. Lucas is one of those characters, we're sorry we didn't mention this!

will there possibly be a patch to fix the DI once its fixed? Would really really appreciate it :)
Doubtful, would change the game too much and this is just a demo. People should know what to expect for the final release if the demo feels this good.

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
The game feels very off to everyone I played with. In melee I use FAir with Marth all day but really don't know why it doesn't combo/feel like it should here.

Wavedash feels good on Marth but Forward wavedash feels off. Waveland also feels off, probably the landing detection.

Zelda feels way too floaty and her Recovery is really bad. I've died plenty of times trying to jump -> ForwardB and end up floating a mile off the stage. I am inexperienced with her though.

My cousin doesn't like Ganon because he can't use attacks as close to the ground as he could in melee. He has to use BAir almost right as he jumps compared to near the end of his jump. One match I was mid stage and he jumps from the edge to a ForwardB and it suicide killed me, makes the game feel more like brawl than melee when stuff like that happens.

This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Brawl but I think it has a long way to go. The people I play with usually play melee for hours, but they quit after 4-5 games every time we start to play this. I'm glad a lot of people like it though, maybe it will give you guys the motivation to keep working on it.

Revven

FrankerZ
The game feels very off to everyone I played with. In melee I use FAir with Marth all day but really don't know why it doesn't combo/feel like it should here.

Wavedash feels good on Marth but Forward wavedash feels off. Waveland also feels off, probably the landing detection.

Zelda feels way too floaty and her Recovery is really bad. I've died plenty of times trying to jump -> ForwardB and end up floating a mile off the stage. I am inexperienced with her though.

My cousin doesn't like Ganon because he can't use attacks as close to the ground as he could in melee. He has to use BAir almost right as he jumps compared to near the end of his jump. One match I was mid stage and he jumps from the edge to a ForwardB and it suicide killed me, makes the game feel more like brawl than melee when stuff like that happens.

This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Brawl but I think it has a long way to go. The people I play with usually play melee for hours, but they quit after 4-5 games every time we start to play this. I'm glad a lot of people like it though, maybe it will give you guys the motivation to keep working on it.
There's a reason why the OP has this kind of stuff covered, you should read it because it's known. All of that is summed up as landing detection with the exception of Zelda... which I don't know why'd Side B offstage >_>;.

Megachuk

Smash Ace
download page is down so can u run over the intructions real quick... I've got the install file on an SD card, and brawl in the wii... now what?

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
What I mean is when you are already mid air and use side b it travels so far because of how floaty you are.

Please don't get me wrong I am not trying to be rude but I think it needs a bit more work. Maybe for players like us that landing detection is exactly what we need. It's 1000x better than Brawl.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
no, you run the install file from your computer, and set the install path to the root of your SD card so that when it extracts the zip, the files are correctly placed in the appropriate folders.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What I mean is when you are already mid air and use side b it travels so far because of how floaty you are.

Please don't get me wrong I am not trying to be rude but I think it needs a bit more work. Maybe for players like us that landing detection is exactly what we need. It's 1000x better than Brawl.
1. I still don't understand what you mean.

2. We've been trying to fix it for over a year. Chill out bro.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
unless you failed, are using an SHDC SD card, or non-NTSC wii, yes.

Konner

Smash Cadet
Fancy installer. Good work with the presentation, I'm impressed a mere mod (I do not mean it negatively) would have this level of effort invested.

Good ****.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord

Hey, Haven't we spoken before? Anyway, glad to see some Cali people giving the game a try, it's too bad your crew doesn't dig it.

But yeah, landing detection takes a big hit on Ganon. It really interferes with wavedashing/wavelanding/waveetcing so it's no surprise that someone expecting Marth or whoever to play just like Melee will be dissapointed. But, we are hard at work looking for fixes to landing detection among other big things, so just stay tuned for the months to come. We've come this far! We're not stopping now.

j00t

Smash Champion
I played the game a couple of hours, and it's pretty fun. Here's my feedback:

1) Shieldstun is too great. There was an instance where I was Falcon and my opponent was Link. I was lying on the ground and he was shielding... I did a rising attack into his shield and he could not shieldgrab to punish. In fact I jumped, avoided his grab, and punished him for trying to punish me. :p

2) Directional influence has way more influence in this than it does in Melee. I'm pretty sure you guys know this already, but I wanted to bring it up in case you didn't.

3) Super armor on grabs is still in, and it sucks bawls when you are trying to punish an opponent's grab and end up getting grabbed anyways.

4) If you do a forward-air with your c-stick immediately after you jump, you move forward a little bit. It's really easy to do with Link since he doesn't leave the ground for a while after his jump is initiated. It's really weird, I had never seen it before in any Brawl remake until Pikachad showed it to me today. It sorta blew my mind.

Other than that the game feels a lot like Melee. I picked it up and was playing Falcon the same way I do in Melee without any troubles. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to playing online with this~

Revven

FrankerZ
I played the game a couple of hours, and it's pretty fun. Here's my feedback:

1) Shieldstun is too great. There was an instance where I was Falcon and my opponent was Link. I was lying on the ground and he was shielding... I did a rising attack into his shield and he could not shieldgrab to punish. In fact I jumped, avoided his grab, and punished him for trying to punish me. :p

2) Directional influence has way more influence in this than it does in Melee. I'm pretty sure you guys know this already, but I wanted to bring it up in case you didn't.

3) Super armor on grabs is still in, and it sucks bawls when you are trying to punish an opponent's grab and end up getting grabbed anyways.

4) If you do a forward-air with your c-stick immediately after you jump, you move forward a little bit. It's really easy to do with Link since he doesn't leave the ground for a while after his jump is initiated. It's really weird, I had never seen it before in any Brawl remake until Pikachad showed it to me today. It sorta blew my mind.

Other than that the game feels a lot like Melee. I picked it up and was playing Falcon the same way I do in Melee without any troubles. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to playing online with this~
We're fully aware of all of these issues.

As for #3 however, that existed in Melee as proven by our lovable Magus420. The difference is in Melee you didn't take damage.

white dynamite

Smash Rookie
i know it's hard to gauge right now but do you guys think all of the "known issues" with the game will be fixed by the time of its full release?

j00t

Smash Champion
We're fully aware of all of these issues.

As for #3 however, that existed in Melee as proven by our lovable Magus420. The difference is in Melee you didn't take damage.
The more you know!

But yeah, I'm glad that you are aware of these and are working on solutions.

shanus

Smash Hero
Yeah melee processes the grab in a separate order in the module, but its damn hard to fix :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom