• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Decided I might as well answer this.

On a serious note.... cant there be anything changed on the lives count on the bottom of the screen? Those little balls could be at a darker opacity or changed to heads/anything? Also the number percentage changed to this?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=6764
I thought It might be more fitting to show off how new PM is. B)
That's actually quite easy to do as far as changing opacity and such. IIRC, they're located in info.pac just like the custom damage percentages are. Sadly, you can't give them character-specific heads (at least to work that way in-game) because they're just one texture. You'd have to probably mess with the ASM and add that function. I do want to try a thing or two to make them stand out more like putting different symbols in there to see if they stick out more.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Decided I might as well answer this.

That's actually quite easy to do as far as changing opacity and such. IIRC, they're located in info.pac just like the custom damage percentages are. Sadly, you can't give them character-specific heads (at least to work that way in-game) because they're just one texture. You'd have to probably mess with the ASM and add that function. I do want to try a thing or two to make them stand out more like putting different symbols in there to see if they stick out more.
Yeah, at least little smash logo or something.

Grey dots are so boring :urg:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh yeah, the Smash logo is located in the same texturedata folder under info.pac for that. Just gotta do some easy color swaps four times and you're good to go.

I'm curious how it'll turn out; hopefully much better than the boring dots.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
yeah but brawl sucks
If you're playing competitively, I'll agree, Brawl is just awful. There's a reason MK and Snake win everything. However, if you're having a match that's just for fun, with people who aren't pro, they're pretty much the same. I can have as much fun playing Melee with friends as Brawl if we're just screwing around. At the end of the day, if you play competitively you'll hate Brawl, if not you won't really care one way or the other unless you REALLY hate clones, in which case you'll prefer Brawl.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, the Smash logo is located in the same texturedata folder under info.pac for that. Just gotta do some easy color swaps four times and you're good to go.

I'm curious how it'll turn out; hopefully much better than the boring dots.
Thanks for the info, I might try something myself. Seriously sometimes its hard to keep track of those things. There small and blend into the character portrait thing and your eyes are distracted and its like.. wheres Waldo... Its like sakurai was looking for more things to piss me off :)

It would be nice if the PM members do something like that though... you know us old men and our eye sight...

Brawl sucks like eggs and..mummbles friendlies.
Vbrawl is just plain set out to be like all the other SSBM rip offs, but playing brawl- with friends is awesome.
Its good on all accounts of fun and thongs.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If you're playing competitively, I'll agree, Brawl is just awful. There's a reason MK and Snake win everything. However, if you're having a match that's just for fun, with people who aren't pro, they're pretty much the same. I can have as much fun playing Melee with friends as Brawl if we're just screwing around. At the end of the day, if you play competitively you'll hate Brawl, if not you won't really care one way or the other unless you REALLY hate clones, in which case you'll prefer Brawl.
Yes, that was the whole point. In that article, Sakurai was saying that he doesn't want to sacrifice casual fun for hardcore competitiveness. He thinks they are mutually exclusive. They are not. Melee is proof of that.

G

genkaku

We know that, but a lot of people don't.
Some people are intimidated by melee because it can be taken so far. They're frightened of the possibility of fighting someone that can play at such a high level. Brawl isn't that big a deal, because the plateau is so much lower. It's still up there, but not comparably. The competitive Brawl scene isn't as notorious as melee's for a reason.
I mean, really. Compare http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bYwrcrqVN8 to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qna80MbcAAc Which one is scarier?
That they never will have to play at this capacity never really enters into their mindset. They would just prefer that everyone be forced to play at the same juvenile level so that it isn't possible.
It's a line of thinking that's obviously full of fallacies, but it's still there and still very prevalent.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol wtf half of the poor discussion on here isn't even due to stingers.

also wonder who was the person doing the work on lucario.
of course not, im just the scapegoat =[
it's really kind of sad.

someone asked me for a copy and I get blamed!
oh well.
i'm used to it.

D

Deleted member

and it actually hasn't been that long for the amount of work they've put in so far.......progress has been super fast
Yeah, they're certainly getting stuff done.

To expand on this, there's latchkey discoveries to be made about the coding and the engine and all before they can extensively change certain things. Everytime Shanus or Dantarion crack open something that once was impossible, the ball gets rolling and fast.

JOE!

Smash Hero
true @ responses, it's just, what was happeneing in the many months until the breakthroughs? :p

I mean, only a handful of characters have even been really "touched"

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
I have a leaked version of Project Melee (Alpha). Half of the characters have airddodges, (unless you have the Melee airdodge code) but hell, it's Alpha, and it's a working progress.

I have to say it's a great job.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I am SO dissapointed. I go back to sleep, no announcement yet and THIS THREAD IS JUST AS BAD AS THE ARF ENGINE TOPIC.

Anyway, that interview basically tells us the SSB4 WILL be worse than Brawl considering that he won't really pay attention to BALANCE and GAMEPLAY mechanincs.

Melee/64/P:M for life.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
I am SO dissapointed. I go back to sleep, no announcement yet and THIS THREAD IS JUST AS BAD AS THE ARF ENGINE TOPIC.

Anyway, that interview basically tells us SSB4 WILL be worse than Brawl considering that he won't really pay attention to BALANCE and GAMEPLAY mechanincs.

Melee/64/P:M for life.
+1.

Are there any characters that are close to finished?

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
It's not like I'm sending it to other people, I recieved it from a friend on one of my xat chats.

Umm, actually, I haven't tried P:M without Melee airdodge code. My friends just told me the Alpha didn't give everyone all the Melee Airdodges. But it works fine WITH that code on. I love Mr. Game and Watch Again!

shanus

Smash Hero
I have a leaked version of Project Melee (Alpha). Half of the characters have airddodges, (unless you have the Melee airdodge code) but hell, it's Alpha, and it's a working progress.

I have to say it's a great job.
You dont have Project m. We've had global MAD for at least 7 months

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
+1.

Are there any characters that are close to finished?
Melee top tiers and most Melee veterans that didn't need extensive makeovers (ie. Link, who really just needed overall general buffs to all of his moves) are the closest really. Ike and Snake are well-progressed newcomers.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Blame 5ive for that.
I see what's going on. 5ive leaked a suckish "fake" Project Melee (Basing most of it on the REAL Melee) to make everyone think that no progress is going on, so nobody likes it anymore.

Damn, I knew somthing was missing...

Or

5ive posed as a helper for P:M and leaked it?
I don't fully understand the situation.

shanus

Smash Hero
@Terminator - 5ive is a troll, and not happy that he is not in the PMBR. We don't really know whats up with him, but its not our product, so please don't think it is (that or its EXTREMELY old)!

Whatever it is some people grabbed, its not our product. I can promise you some amazing stuff in due time.

Also, you all have been awaiting our announcement, and I can tell you its something big. Stay tuned, I promise to release some big news within a week or two :)

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
:glare:wow i just read 10 pages of trolling to notice the last 2 are where we actually got on topic... ugh...
but are there any more youtube vids gonna come out any time soon? its been too long since ive seen a new version video...

and hype for JCeaser's tourney starting within the next few hrs!!(livestream too):awesome:

EDIT: i would give dant my comp to work majic on if i could play 15 min of pm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom