• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Whatever....

I'm pretty sure there was something else that had to be done other than DI and LD. What was it again???

Can't remember...

I know meteor cancelling was fixed last month, but what was it?

Maybe a certain someone viewing the thread can answer this question.

Can someone tell me why Link's bombs still appear after removing the article reference in the subactions?

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
Whatever....

I'm pretty sure there was something else that had to be done other than DI and LD. What was it again???

Can't remember...

I know meteor cancelling was fixed last month, but what was it?

Maybe a certain someone viewing the thread can answer this question.

Can someone tell me why Link's bombs still appear after removing the article reference in the subactions?
Ledge Occupancy is pretty important?

Sterowent

Smash Ace
There's going to be a free Project M tournament this Friday night. It's the kick-off event of a rather large Brawl tournament in MD hosted by Tantalus. There will be a lot of big name (Brawl) players there. Ally, M2K, and most of NJ/PA/MD/VA's finest, though I think the only non-Brawl player coming specifically for this (other than my usual crew) is Vist.

I tell you all this because it will be livestreamed. I'm not sure yet if it will be on Tantalus's or my livestream channel. I don't know the exact start time yet but I expect it will be between 7 and 9 pm EST. I will make a post here about it when it begins.

HypeM!
just in time for the end of my finals week. hells yeah!

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Was Link's ******** bomb limit removed? I forget. Plz say yes. There was absolutely no reason for it being in Brawl in the first place.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Magus and friends made a unique tipper system for MK that involves one spot having better base knockback with low knockback growth, and another having better kb growth but low kb base.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Crawling has neither been added nor removed to/from any characters. MK does have a tip based sweetspot system, yes.

There might be a bug to work out of the MC system but otherwise we do have a custom MC window working now, which starts on frame 16 vs. Melee's frame 8.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
lol at 5ive trying to get attention... sad story
In truth, its a little brat looking for attention.

Not being rude but did you happen to go past this quote?
Only the King Of Hearts is awesome like woody the woodpecker!
http://www.youtube.com/user/cubaisdeath#p/u/9/LmFpz-swIL8

http://www.youtube.com/user/Strongbad338guy#p/u/1/1jkhDC2hsdk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtSOqmSRaZE

I know youll find something from cubaisdeath and his snake mishaps (or orchestrated plan lol)
Darkrain had somethings with SB.

Also I think sonic needs a crawl

D

Deleted member

There's going to be a free Project M tournament this Friday night. It's the kick-off event of a rather large Brawl tournament in MD hosted by Tantalus. There will be a lot of big name (Brawl) players there. Ally, M2K, and most of NJ/PA/MD/VA's finest, though I think the only non-Brawl player coming specifically for this (other than my usual crew) is Vist.

I tell you all this because it will be livestreamed. I'm not sure yet if it will be on Tantalus's or my livestream channel. I don't know the exact start time yet but I expect it will be between 7 and 9 pm EST. I will make a post here about it when it begins.

HypeM!
This sounds pretty awesome.

Hopefully the Brawl players can give some good input into PM and enjoy playing it.

I wouldn't know where to start if I were editing DDD, Olimar, Wario and other weird *** vBrawl chars.

Ulevo

Smash Master
For those of you wanting to create a Project M opening exclusively for the project, I suggested this a while ago. Here is what I think it SHOULD be like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsE1stmEgv8

Short, sweet, to the point, high definition, LOTS of hype. Each character is represented, has a single combo they showcase for time restraints obviously (don't want to make the combo video too long), has an epic starting point that gets you in to the video, and ends with a bang.

I would have started learning video editing and done this myself AGES ago. The whole problem with this is anyone not in the PMBR is unlikely to do a good job simply because A) not all the characters have been released or represented (how are you going to include Pit in the intro, as an example), and B) even for those characters you could include in the video, who's to say they won't change by the time the end product for Project M is finished? C) You're best to include a Project: M logo, which also hasn't been created and finalized.

I'd also like to note that just rehashing Melee clips isn't going to make it very tasteful.

Basically if this were to be done properly, it would have to be done when at least all the characters and physics have been completely finalized before release and only stage, aesthetic changes and minor stuff were being done.

Also @ JCaesar, that's awesome. Looking forward to it.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
We don't have quite enough gameplay footage for an opening...

Why don't we get try to make a tutorial video for the universal ATs in Project:M?

Starring Mario and Luigi.

The first section should explain SHFFLing and the 3 techniques that make it up.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
^ that is a good idea.
The opening video being a short explanation of some common techniques/differences between P:M and other smash games would be perfect.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I always thought ZSS didn't belong in Brawl, but instead in Melee. You guys better make her lovable. :mad:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
For those of you wanting to create a Project M opening exclusively for the project, I suggested this a while ago. Here is what I think it SHOULD be like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsE1stmEgv8

Short, sweet, to the point, high definition, LOTS of hype. Each character is represented, has a single combo they showcase for time restraints obviously (don't want to make the combo video too long), has an epic starting point that gets you in to the video, and ends with a bang.

I would have started learning video editing and done this myself AGES ago. The whole problem with this is anyone not in the PMBR is unlikely to do a good job simply because A) not all the characters have been released or represented (how are you going to include Pit in the intro, as an example), and B) even for those characters you could include in the video, who's to say they won't change by the time the end product for Project M is finished? C) You're best to include a Project: M logo, which also hasn't been created and finalized.

I'd also like to note that just rehashing Melee clips isn't going to make it very tasteful.

Basically if this were to be done properly, it would have to be done when at least all the characters and physics have been completely finalized before release and only stage, aesthetic changes and minor stuff were being done.

Also @ JCaesar, that's awesome. Looking forward to it.
This and Mario/Luigi showing the universal AT's would be awesome. I'm glad we're getting to the point were we can consider stuff like this. Seems like another fun part of the project.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Wolf's crawl should be faster than his run(if he were to get one). Now wouldn't that be an "interesting" little addition <_<

Unique at least.

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
Wolf's crawl should be faster than his run(if he were to get one). Now wouldn't that be an "interesting" little addition <_<

Unique at least.

It would also be stupid. They also said it'd be really hard to add crawls..no point in talking about it.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
It would also be stupid. They also said it'd be really hard to add crawls..no point in talking about it.
And that also wasn't a serious suggestion <_<
I already know this. Chillaxxxx.

edit: It was also my own little subtle mockery of how everyone always goes like "OMG IT'D BE INTERESTING TO HAVE BWARL AIR DODGE"
I noticed that pattarn in their wording. @_@ The word "interesting" is now hell to me. Same with epic and lol. Curse the internet.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hotdogturtle got the video that is the perfect example, but with better text and transitions.

Orly? Show me MK and Wolf crawling without freezing.

The PM HTP is more feasible than the intro since characters change a LOT more than the physics.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
A PM AHTP would also be helpful for new Brawl players who are getting into PM but have never played Melee seriously. Essentially it would expand your userbase and make the game more accessible. I think it would be cool if you put together a committee to plan that video and then put it together as soon as possible after release. It could be official, like on the website and everything.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I don't think a simple tutorial in the brief opening would be enough to expand the userbase.

If someone make a lot of mini tutorials and put them in the place the SSE cutscenes or other videos, it would be better if you really want make a good tutorial.

Not that it's up to the PM:BR to do it, but after the game release if some caring soul do this, it would be a good adition to people that are beginning in a Melee like scenario.

That, of course, is just my opinion.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Meh, adding crawls is ezmode
Can we give peach a crawl?

You know.... That would be a good idea to have an AT video... but should it really go over the intro? I really like the kanto opening for an intro and the AT staring mario and luigi as the tutorial vids.

It is crucial to get the audience of melee and brawl new comers to get educated on these techniques... that way the tournament scene would get more people who are confident in what they can do and more expecting of what to see and educated. Do to 60% are to lazy to look it up on youtube... which goes for many people.

But it also goes for the amount of people to lazy to go to a tutorial video selection in the video section or wait after the intro...and the title screen...
you guys make this win pls.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
THe tutorial was meant to go over Brawl's HTP video, not the opening.

The SSE cutscene slots should be reserved for character specific techs.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace

Ulevo

Smash Master
It's started already. People are bickering due to the building tension and impatience for waiting for Project: M.

Bickering confirmed for Project M.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Orly? Show me MK and Wolf crawling without freezing.
Can we give peach a crawl?
Seriously... Wolf is begging for a crawl.
He's literally down on his knees... xD.

MK crawling... what use would that be? MK has the worst crouch ever lol. You could make the argument that he "crawls" really really slow via dtilt. Same with Sonic, but his "crawl" is a bit faster.

And Peach crawling...
Ha, she'd be tripping on her dress... same reason Zelda would be a bad crawler... and do you really think those princesses would be caught crawling? (rhetorical question children :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom