• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
It's not that we aren't going to add lag to them, it's that we don't know what controls that... there has to be something in the game that forces you to hold it for that long. It's not a simple "lol add lag to the end of the shine" change.

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
The only characters who are going to be "100% melee selves" are the top tiers, IE: Jigglypuff, Fox, Falco, Marth, and maybe sheik. Another reason to change a move is that the move may not work in a melee environment, such as wario, his moveset from regular brawl just didn't seem to fit in a melee environment, hence why it got changed and is a much more canon moveset.
Sounds like it's basically a case-by-case basis then.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's not that we aren't going to add lag to them, it's that we don't know what controls that... there has to be something in the game that forces you to hold it for that long. It's not a simple "lol add lag to the end of the shine" change.
that's an animation change i.e. it's definitely doable.
I've bugged people in the BR for a few months about it
it'll be done before release.

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
Okay yeah but not as limited. Pretty sure you can't ever see the cloud.
You can easily see it on stages like Shadow Moses Island, and when you jump off the side of a stage and use it so the cloud is lowered.

Making it infinite could be a good buff though, and it was infinite in SSB64.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
it'd help, i mean its better in 64 cuz you can't DI it really lol. you can live really long by DIing it, cuz it sends you nearly all horizontal and you never reach the blast zone

shanus

Smash Hero
that's an animation change i.e. it's definitely doable.
I've bugged people in the BR for a few months about it
it'll be done before release.
Strong Bad here is what we call a nagger. Open BBox, preview model, open falco/fox, press insert a few times towards the end of the endlag animation :p and let it interpolate a few frames.

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
it'd help, i mean its better in 64 cuz you can't DI it really lol. you can live really long by DIing it, cuz it sends you nearly all horizontal and you never reach the blast zone
You can SDI out of it in 64 <_<. The reason it's a good finisher move is because the knockback is mostly vertical in 64 and you can combo into it because of the previously stated crazy *** hitstun.

Honestly if Pikachu just keeps his several buffs from Brawl, coupled with his 64 Bair and and Melee Usmash, I doubt he'll need much work.

D

Deleted member

Honestly if Pikachu just keeps his several buffs from Brawl, coupled with his 64 Bair and and Melee Usmash, I doubt he'll need much work.
This. Brawl Pika is pretty damn good with Melee physics. He's got a few tilts and smash attacks that are a bit more disjointed. His dsmash and thunder are better. Longer grab range, good slide distance with a JC grab, faster running, more damage on uair. Quick attack cancelling.

Pika is pretty good. Just needs that 64 back air and he's good to go imo.

Also, why are people acting like Falcon isn't very good?

He'd be top tier if it weren't for Sheik and Falco.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I personally think fox is a bad matchup for him as well
I'm not really sure about jiggs matchup.
Marth is debatable, but overall close.

Basically, falcon has tough matchups with the most common characters in the game.

Obviously he is a great character though.

if it weren't for half of the top tier characters existing, yes, he would be top tier............ XD

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Falcon's great, he's simply not exceptional. I'm curious what kind of simple buffs could make him stand out a little more and hold up against some of his match ups.

But this won't matter until the balance phase anyways.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
That dash attack is awesome. Way better than what he has currently.

However, I'm pretty sure his current dash attack is from mario 64 as well...If you run, crouch and press b.

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...I noticed that Pit's still having difficulty being viable and, umm...fun to play as.

SO. Howzabout he has arrows that give good backwards knockback (especially fully charged), but they have limited range (which would be lengthened the more his arrow is charged) as well as less lagtime before you shoot them but much more afterwards? He could then use it to finish combos, but can't spam it anymore. It could be his own little projectile knee.

Also, his sideb needs less lameness as well. How about having it knock opponents upward and have a good amount of stun after its final hit, but also having more lagtime afterwards? But if it hits, it would give enough stun so that he could usually follow it up with stuff. It could be his own little raptor boost.

Just a couple ideas. Take 'em or leave 'em, I guess.

*goes back to lurking*
have you played P:M or did you see vids? if vids where cus he is the only charecter i have yet to see in P:M...

and loved the look of that mario dash attack :)

NeoZ

Smash Ace
People have been asking a lot about Pit lately, and the devs already said many times that not much has been done to him, so I recommend people just coming in to the thread to at least read a few of the latest pages before asking, maybe what you want to know has already been answered, like in this case.

Pragmatic

Smash Journeyman
Wondering if I could obtain the code to set up Project Melee at a tournament happening on Saturday.

My Wii is broken, or I'd have it already.

PM it to me. ****.

I also used to be in the Project Melee Backroom. So relax.

I ran streams with 5ive, was hoping they could happen again.

-Googs

Smash Lord
Wondering if I could obtain the code to set up Project Melee at a tournament happening on Saturday.

My Wii is broken, or I'd have it already.

PM it to me. ****.

I also used to be in the Project Melee Backroom. So relax.

I ran streams with 5ive, was hoping they could happen again.
get banned? shiiiiiet

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I doubt it. It is about 9:00 PM CST and that would only give us about 2 hours to do constant tweaking and Dant may not have time. I would say the chances are slim, just like yesterday.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom