• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh god yeah his sidestep is abysmal

I sidestepped my friends nesses dash grab yesterday and my animation still wasn't over by the time his was

nesses ****ing dash grab is so bad

not even jc!

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
nope. there's still discussion of what characters will be added, if any, with the new engine. so far, no characters are really definite right now, if any will be added.
Don't give in to hype. Out of all the characters that could potentially return, Mewtwo is the only one with a different enough moveset to justify a return. The rest of the clone characters were either carried over to Brawl in a different incarnation (Toon Link) or shouldn't be included for multiple reasons. Like, I'm not sure "Pikachu that hurts himself" is a very compelling character nor does it make for a good decision process ("well, I do more damage but hurt myself"). In Doc's case, either he or Mario is always going to be superior and thus there's no reason to ever have both. Roy is debatable, but the only way to make him a strong character is to buff him in ways that move him closer to Marth short of re-doing his entire moveset. I just don't know if it's worth it.

I miss the fallen 5 as much as anyone else but they were removed with good reason in most cases (wtf@mewtwo).

I am totally for adding new, high quality Project: M-exclusive characters or releasing new ones to add to the game in expansion packs later down the line though. Tails? Poo? Kumatora? Zero? Sign me up. =)

Anth0ny

Smash Master
God **** that looks beautiful. Just fix the boundaries (they're huge) and add Randall in there and it's perfect :)

I also see no reason not to include Mewtwo now that it looks like clone engine has finally been figured out. A viable mewtwo will be a truly awesome sight to behold!

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
What if the clones were added but had new movesets? Make them semi-clones? =/ It could work.

But perhaps that would be a **** load of work.. I really do want to see Roy back though. I like YL too but Roy seems like he'd be a better addition since TL stole YL's spot already like the poser he is.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Isn't better to first the clone engine to be completely functional and the devs say that they gonna be including the characters before talking about then?

btw, I completely agree with Stingers' Mewtwo ideas.

Great thing that you are keeping ACE for Mario. And finally it hits inside shields.

But I have one question, in some videos the Super Cape gives a very strange knockback, much like Falco+ Reflector or tipped Zelda+ ftilt. Was that intended? >_>

For people talking about Zelda

If we are going to look on Zelda, we should think more about the Brawl+ Zelda than Melee's or Brawl's.

Brawl+ Zelda got some signifcant buffs that should be on her since the beginning. Better Air Control, faster Ftilt, bigger Priority, among others.

I.E Her Ftilt is a great ground tool, it has a decent range, great priority, it's fast, strong and can be angled. Tipper gives inverse knockback, many times helping on hitting an aerial.

For many reasons I think that Brawl+ Zelda can be applied to P:M with only some tweaks, and since P:M comes from the original Brawl+ PACs I don't have many doubts on it.

And she's very fun to play. :B

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Yeah the stage looks a little too tall and the boundaries are too far out, but other than that, AWESOME.

Oh, and Randall and Pack E. Derm, too. Don't forgot about them!! :)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, the actual stage layout looks spot-on. Just get the guidance for the boundaries, add the finishing touches, and you'll have one hell of a successful replication of Melee Yoshi's Island!

GameWatching

Smash Ace
randall is too easy !

he start at X : -90 to X : 90 then get Y : -20 and go from X : 90 to X : -90 then Y : 20
and loop !

we obtain as total 400 !
and the animation is 1200 frames !

1200/400 = 3

:):):):)

Rikana

Smash Champion
He's talking about the coordinations of how Randal travels.

Edit: Lmfao. Triple ninja'd.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
slowpoke.jpg

what are the issues with confusion and disable?
Confusion works like a grab box. That is how Mewtwo was able to drag people through stages. It wasn't hard to balance, it just wouldn't work right. But that was a year ago, and we have a lot more knowledge on the subject than we did back then. If it were to be readded, I would make it a force-techchase move, as you suggested.

Disable was the balancing problem one. No matter what I tried, Mewtwo would either be punished or have way too much of an advantage for landing disable. Shanus suggested at some point that this could be fixed with a fighter.pac injection, so it may very well be done that way. As for it being able to hit characters facing away, I don't think we should add that, but just increase the effective range.

-DD

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
the possibility of adding more characters can only mean extending the release date right? that's what i assume will happen if indeed more characters are added because of balancing/testing etc.

jalued

Smash Lord
the possibility of adding more characters can only mean extending the release date right? that's what i assume will happen if indeed more characters are added because of balancing/testing etc.
i think only mew2 should be added for this reason ^ and leave it at that. How many character's have actually been finalised so far?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Characters put on the "Dojo" posts are generally finalized, but that word is a pretty loose definition. You could consider them closer to complete relatively speaking.

G

genkaku

And most everybody has had some amount of work done.
The 2/40 is very deceptive.

Stevo

Smash Champion
while we are on the subject of mewtwo, I think his side-b should reflect rather than deflect.
as in, damage opponents.

as for zelda,
her b moves were kinda already fixed by brawl, so as long as she also gets a normal grab, she is already looking a lot better. Obviously keep the melee heel kicks.

I really don't want to talk about these kinda things right now, but it's very hard when everyone posts their 2 cents on it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom