• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
I haven't been keeping up with this thread.
Have there been any changes since Apex?
As Strong Bad meant to say (ignoring his sarcasm), we're constantly making changes daily to characters and refining them to make them closer to Melee. To give an example, just yesterday Magus pointed out to us that spikes do exist in Brawl they are just never used. The angles for them were pretty high above 360º so, while it was painfully obvious to try those angles nobody ever really did. So, as a result of that finding, Falco's Dair, Marth's Dair, and Captain Falcon's chest hitbox (where his nipples are obv) all spike like they do in Melee, meaning you cannot meteor cancel them.

This is why it's closed alpha because there's so many things changing as time unfolds.

D

Deleted member

So you used coterminal angles?

****, your Trig teacher would be so proud.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ah, so it's just up to 365 that acts like that? Interesting to know. Was wondering how the spikes would interact onstage.

It just also occurred to me that 0 degrees is on the right, not the top. **** preconceived notions of a circle.

D

Deleted member

Ah, so it's just up to 365 that acts like that? Interesting to know. Was wondering how the spikes would interact onstage.

It just also occurred to me that 0 degrees is on the right, not the top. **** preconceived notions of a circle.
Get at that unit circle, Mathblaster.

Rikana

Smash Champion
So what's left? Meteor canceling still needs to be worked on right?

- meteor canceling
- getting rid of unneccessary trips
- power shield glitch
- wall grapples.. which I think would probably never be looked at seeing how tedious it is
- character specifics

Am I missing anything?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Both tumble and non-tumble DI (adjusting the former and fixing the lack of the latter).

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
What about LightShielding? Though its probably not possible considering the wii doesnt register the L or R buttons being pressed Unless its pressed all the way down.
it also made it easier to L cancel in Melee.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
What about LightShielding? Though its probably not possible considering the wii doesnt register the L or R buttons being pressed Unless its pressed all the way down.
it also made it easier to L cancel in Melee.

You are bull****. The wii always reads all of the inputs for each controller.
I already made a light presses code, ya know?
The issue is getting the analog values viewable from PSA, and not ****ing things up for people who dont use the triggers to shield.

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
You are bull****. The wii always reads all of the inputs for each controller.
I already made a light presses code, ya know?
The issue is getting the analog values viewable from PSA, and not ****ing things up for people who dont use the triggers to shield.
OK.. calm down how about i didnt know that code was compiled already and i was just making an assumption because ive tryed previous codes for L canceling in which tapping R didnt trigger it. i was just asking a question *******.. i dont know much about the coding aspect of how these work, but i still know how melee is played.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, it's crazy how much of a difference that something as simple as what point a character lands has on this project's gameplay.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I am tired of having people spout nonsense like "The Wii can't read the analog triggers". Remember when people thought you couldn't play on SSE stages because "SSE is on the other layer of the disc"?

I believe TvC uses soft presses for the t

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
Im just sayin dude.. not everyone knows that The wii can pick up the analog triggers.. u actually just taught me. thank you for your enlightenment. And hopefully This project will feel just as good as melee does.. so far its starting to even look just as fast and smooth.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
so, anyway, slight problem with DL64. i can't get a good round base that lets me have a custom texture on top that won't warp. same issue with the "water". also, i've made the trees in the back 3D models. i'll get some pics up soon of the new trees, but if anyone can get me a good round base to use that'd be great.

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna need more rope
Correction...

I'm going to need more rope...

But I digress: What of Sonic's Dair now that he falls pretty fast? Seeing one of the Japanese vids, he looked like he fell pretty fast. Personally, I kind of had a thought of Sonic having a Dair much like Sheik's current state to compensate for his falling speed.

But, I also like his rather helpful stall-and-fall Dair (being a Sonic main on B+), so I won't mind either way.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Personally, I think Sonic should have a mario/fox drill dair. Then again, a lot of players use his current dair for moving around so idk.

Or maybe it could be done so you would have to hold A for stall and fall dair while tapping A is drill dair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom