• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
depends on the character. sheik will likely not have a good dash dance, while sonic will.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Hey I know you guys are already creating the flood-nado for Mario but have you ever considered just giving him the "spin" he does in super mario galaxy? Because in SMG it is actually used to boost jumps so it would fit perfectly in as a recovery option; of course, it would have to be made so it only boosts once per jump. (it would also be easier to create due to you can partially use some of the Mario Tornado animation

Also, I think you should make it so Mario gains quicker mobility during use (which should also only occur once per jump) that way, Mario could use his spin for positioning and super jump punch for recovery

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
[06:15pm] <Strong_Bad> does Mango like Project M?
[06:16pm] <LuCKy00> yea he does
[06:16pm] <Strong_Bad> good to hear.
[06:16pm] <LuCKy00> still likes melee better he says
[06:16pm] <LuCKy00> but we AGREE
[06:16pm] <LuCKy00> this is what brawl should have been
[06:16pm] <LuCKy00> so we're callin it melee 2

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Good to hear about Mango. This project needs a player that is capable of bringing out ridiculously dominant play in characters (see: Mango using Mario and blowing everyone's minds at GSG, especially in that match on FD against Lunin and Shroomed). If he would join, that would obviously be awesome.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Good to hear about Mango. This project needs a player that is capable of bringing out ridiculously dominant play in characters (see: Mango using Mario and blowing everyone's minds at GSG, especially in that match on FD against Lunin and Shroomed). If he would join, that would obviously be awesome.
Could you link me to said match so i can be awestruck too? I didn't see that one.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Beating Mango's Mario in a friendly twice must make you far better then anyone he's ever beat with Mario right??? :psycho:

Nah in all seriousness Mango's Mario is terrible. We need Scorp to join this project. :psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho:

Gindler

Smash Champion
Hey I know you guys are already creating the flood-nado for Mario but have you ever considered just giving him the "spin" he does in super mario galaxy? Because in SMG it is actually used to boost jumps so it would fit perfectly in as a recovery option; of course, it would have to be made so it only boosts once per jump. (it would also be easier to create due to you can partially use some of the Mario Tornado animation

Also, I think you should make it so Mario gains quicker mobility during use (which should also only occur once per jump) that way, Mario could use his spin for positioning and super jump punch for recovery
Like brawl - mario?

Sorry for mentioning brawl-

Rikana

Smash Champion
Its good to hear that Mango actually likes it. That would actually influence a lot of people's perspective of this project.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
No matter how many people tried too dislike it initially you have to get on board eventually. I'm pretty sure everyone who played Halo got halo2. Starcraft players got Starcraft2....etc. P.M. Is creating the true successor to melee and anyone who loves melee is bound to get into P.M eventually.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
No matter how many people tried too dislike it initially you have to get on board eventually. I'm pretty sure everyone who played Halo got halo2. Starcraft players got Starcraft2....etc. P.M. Is creating the true successor to melee and anyone who loves melee is bound to get into P.M eventually.
this guy...is right.
you should be in the PMBR for their propaganda team or something. you'd be **** at it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it takes everything in brawl and makes it more broken. it is the antithesis of an improvement to brawl, yet still somehow improves it and makes it more fun.

ain't got **** on project m

D

Deleted member

The comparison and suggestion of ideas of B- into P:M and vice versa is hilarious though.

The sole idea of wanting brokenly good game mechanics in a balanced competitive game is beautifully ironic.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Well imo Brawl- was meant to be played for fun and not really competitively.. or am i wrong?

I think it's fun. However, i agree that most Brawl- things shouldn't be put into Project M. Oh well i was just wondering.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
project m should just be about making MK suck and have no hitboxes and just a minivan size hurt box

and make every else have tornadoes and all his gay moves

and then it should be used in tourney vs m2k

and all the other gay mk players

just sayin

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
this guy...is right.
you should be in the PMBR for their propaganda team or something. you'd be **** at it.
No Propaganda here. Although if there was such a team I would call myself the leader of it by now. Back when people were talking **** about the project because Falco had Shadow effects I was saying Project M would **** and such. Now that Almost everything is done it's kind of easy to be the one say "This is going to be so good".

I respect the originals for having the vision in the first place. I respect the new recruits for adding on cool things and helping to realize that vision as well.

I have respect for quite a few known players being the first to step up and take a shot at Project Melee.

I respect all involved in this project except 1 person...

http://photos-images.active.com/file/1/1445419/original/510e9d53-7a7c-4be8-8636-6df87b4982c0.gif

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
Can someone link me to Japanese Project M videos? I watched them the other day and I can't find 'em now.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
No Propaganda here. Although if there was such a team I would call myself the leader of it by now. Back when people were talking **** about the project because Falco had Shadow effects I was saying Project M would **** and such. Now that Almost everything is done it's kind of easy to be the one say "This is going to be so good".

I respect the originals for having the vision in the first place. I respect the new recruits for adding on cool things and helping to realize that vision as well.

I have respect for quite a few known players being the first to step up and take a shot at Project Melee.

http://photos-images.active.com/file/1/1445419/original/510e9d53-7a7c-4be8-8636-6df87b4982c0.gif
Spam_Arrows 2 gud.
I seriously thought that pic would say "sora that dumb ***" D:

Sneak8288

Smash Champion

Lol you act like your the only one who had faith in the project with this post. I knew this would be good as soon as I seen falcos moveset changed which made me actually go to a brawl tourney and sit through that boring **** to try to **** hard enuff at project m to get enuff recognition to be a tester. P:M was the only reason i even went to DSO2 and i knew that MD/VA was coming and they always bring P:M with them. Shoutouts to JCZ and MD/VA

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Last edited by JCaesar; Today at 07:37 AM.. Reason: Err, maybe I shouldn't say those things in public...

lolwut? >_>;

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I could take part of the quote "spread the love" completely out of context and assume it's a love story.

:D

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
A story of two star-crossed smashers! Destined to meet, and whose fates were sealed!

-DD

ynnek123

Smash Ace
Totally off topic, but can someone link me to the video of mango 2-stocking 2 people at once where he had 8 stocks and the other 2 had 4 stocks? That was hilarious :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom