• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
omfg stop posting this **** in the swf thread, wtf is wrong with you guys

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i misunderstood, my bad bro.
back to being the man your man could smell like.

humble

Smash Ace
i misunderstood, my bad bro.
back to being the man your man could smell like.
I looked at him, then at you, then back to him, and back to you. He still wasn't you. I was sad.

Let's discuss Link Yoshi and D3, I want to hear more about each.

It'd be interesting if Yoshi's flutterkick (dair) on hit gained a small amount of upwards momentum, so it allows him to walk upon his foe almost, because his fall is slown down while hitting. However if it is fastfallen he still passes through them with ease. Basically on hit it better links all the hits.

G

genkaku

The last thing we need right now is more Link discussion.
But I am curious about DDD.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Needs moar Link discussion.

Kidding, but I also wonder what D3 would need for PM. I don't play him much, but it seems like he has fairly solid tilts, a decent projectile, a sexy Bair, great grab range, and a decent recovery.

humble

Smash Ace
The last thing we need right now is more Link discussion.
But I am curious about DDD.
True, once we had discussed cuccos, nothing else was needed.

D3 is a awkward character with a few overcentralizing parts. Throw game, bair, ultilt, he's a boss penguin who uses a hammer that is as large as himself. How could we give him smooth technical play fitting P:M? And please don't make him as grab centric...

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
What the **** happened to this thread since I was on SWF this morning?

As a DDD player I would absolutely love him to have a throw centric game. If he could **** off his reads like Sheik... I would be more than content as a DDD player.

One thing that needs to happen is to not promote air camping. Dair for instance is just screaming to spammed as he's floating in the air. That long lasting stupidly disjointed hitbox is just silly when you couple it with his multiple jumps.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
lol agreed. Fox and Falco are the most amazing top tier characters. They are hardly dominating in melee and they get punished hard for technical errors.
they are pretty dominant but unlike meat knight, they are extremely entertaining to play and watch and they have a very high learning curve
True, once we had discussed cuccos, nothing else was needed.
D3 is a awkward character with a few overcentralizing parts. Throw game, bair, ultilt, he's a boss penguin who uses a hammer that is as large as himself. How could we give him smooth technical play fitting P:M? And please don't make him as grab centric...
grabs and dedede are synonymous with each other, grabs still needs to be a large part of his game imo. He's not gonna be a fast guy, but i envision him to be something like a bowser/mewtwo hybrid in style (god recovery, large, heavy, great edge guards, grab, etc)
edit: above post, his dair could air camp in brawl but this isn't brawl, I'm not worries at all about dair camping

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Wow...I know there's not much to talk about, but this thread went to **** (at least) the last few pages. I know I don't really have any right to be saying that, but dayum, unbearable trying to read that garbage :x

I don't think I've seen D3 on any streams. Has he been changed much/at all? Is the plan to have a massive reworking of his moveset so he's not spammy or as easily destroyed (being a heavy)?

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
they are pretty dominant but unlike meat knight, they are extremely entertaining to play and watch and they have a very high learning curve
Besides the fact that Fox/Falco have not won a (inter)national melee tournament in a loooong time, noob spacies are easier to pick apart than a noob Metaknight (or 3rd Strike Chun, sf4 Sagat, etc.).

oh and the fact they are entertaining to watch and play is a good point, regardless of the fact that it has nothing to do with balancing the game. High tier characters should not be a bore to watch haha...

humble

Smash Ace
Random D3 idea.

In kirby games, whenever Dedede attacked, if his attack struck the ground it caused star's to appear. In Brawl, Dedede's smashes and up special are always considered very punishable, and so their higher risk/reward is ignored in favor of the safer and just as potent use of his amazing grab game. Well I don't want to nerf his throw game, but rather buff his other play. I suggest that whenever Dedede uses dash attack, Fsmash, Dsmash, Usmash, or Uspecial, that upon contact with the ground he creates the star effects similar to in his games. These stars are essentially just lingering hitboxes, which last only a little longer then Dedede's end lag. Not really anything major, but why not?

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Hm...it seems it's safe to ignore this thread until a major update is announced. The majority of the stuff posted here doesn't seem like "discussion", it seems more like "post-your-random-ideas-here-and-talk-about-them-with-people-who-aren't-even-in-the-project". It's all in vain guys, try to wait a little.

Anyways, will you guys retain falco's gatling attack (when you cancel the cooldown of the dash attack with an usmash) from vBrawl/B+?

GPDP

Smash Ace
Anyways, will you guys retain falco's gatling attack (when you cancel the cooldown of the dash attack with an usmash) from vBrawl/B+?
I see no reason why they wouldn't. It is, after all, caused by DACUS, which will definitely be retained.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
Besides the fact that Fox/Falco have not won a (inter)national melee tournament in a loooong time, noob spacies are easier to pick apart than a noob Metaknight (or 3rd Strike Chun, sf4 Sagat, etc.).

oh and the fact they are entertaining to watch and play is a good point, regardless of the fact that it has nothing to do with balancing the game. High tier characters should not be a bore to watch haha...
if you don't think they dominate than you're simply wrong
also a long time ago mango won genesis with falco/puff
the only reason they don't win nationals is that the 2 best in the world play puff and it's hard to maintain a high level of technical consistency over long periods of time
the spacies (most notably fox) dominate at a local/regional level, look at the characters ranking list in the melee discussion to see what I mean
edit: here's that list http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267771
pm related: will falco be able to gatling combo? sounds like it has potential to make him even better

humble

Smash Ace
Hm...it seems it's safe to ignore this thread until a major update is announced. The majority of the stuff posted here doesn't seem like "discussion", it seems more like "post-your-random-ideas-here-and-talk-about-them-with-people-who-aren't-even-in-the-project". It's all in vain guys, try to wait a little.

What would you like to discuss? Please, bring forth a topic which would promote discussion. We sit around and post random ideas because with our limited knowledge of the project, we can't discuss much about it, so much as we just ask alot of questions of the devs. If we do have something to discuss, it'll be something the devs have told us, which means they themselves already probably have a decision if they told us.

The things we know about the project are the things that the team has already taken a stance on, so we don't have much to discuss because irregardless of the discussion a decision was already previously reached. We could bug the devs with questions, and we will do it as oft as possible given the chance, however they'll tell us if they make any major updates to physics or anything, so we can only ask about the little details or character changes, which they either have plans for or they haven't begun working on it as of yet. So most of the time questioning proves fruitless, and so why not attempt to aid with creating concepts on how to make character changes that would make them work for P:M? Currently, unless you have something superior to suggest, we can either remain quiet and let the thread stagnate or post things bordering on spam and random ideas because we don't have any guidance or topics present.

What I'd suggest is that the Team members propose a topic for the public to discuss, and give input on. What the thread currently lacks is guidance because random posters aren't sure what to discuss- clear focus would probably help, perhaps for example suggest a character in need of improvement, strengths and weaknesses currently, what you hope to achieve, and then have people submit ideas and suggestions here, and team members as well as fellow posters would weigh in on the ideas and search through the many ideas and hopefully we might find one, or several, good ones that could help.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
What I'd suggest is that the Team members propose a topic for the public to discuss, and give input on. What the thread currently lacks is guidance because random posters aren't sure what to discuss- clear focus would probably help, perhaps for example suggest a character in need of improvement, strengths and weaknesses currently, what you hope to achieve, and then have people submit ideas and suggestions here, and team members as well as fellow posters would weigh in on the ideas and search through the many ideas and hopefully we might find one, or several, good ones that could help.
Wow, I literally suggested this exact thing a couple pages ago
copy-cat lol:lick:

iLink

Smash Champion
That D3 picture made my day. I had an idea for D3, maybe make the second hit of his jab set up for more attacks and remove the rapid attack at the end since no one ever really uses it.

also Little England, you might not remember me but hi

bleyva

Smash Ace
DDD's current down-B is kinda stupid, how bout making it another Offense Up of some sort :3

G

genkaku

Here's an idea, don't post unless you intend to say something worth reading.

I wonder how effective Dedede's Nair is/could be with melee physics. I haven't seen much Dedede in streams, but theoretically it seems to have a lot of potential as an alternative to Bair. Sounds like a lot of fun, actually.

humble

Smash Ace
Whoops, unintentional wall of text! Sorry guys :urg:

Quick! Back to D3!

I think D3's jet hammer should start much faster and come out fairly quickly, and with the way he swings it like a golf club, I think it should send at maybe a 60-70 degree angle, with low base knockback but high knockback growth- at low percent's it would be good to use to pop them up, and later it can be used to force them high, meaning a juggle scenario could ensue.

Lucas has a unique move in offense up, why destroy that, surely we can be more creative.

[collapse=]
[/collapse]

Dantarion

Smash Champion
How about we make the move useable for something.

Think about this.
What if Jet hammer moved forward when you swung in proportion to how long it was charged, and what if it had higher shield damage?

It would still be gimmicky, but at least you could you know...hit someone with it.
Could even give it higher shield damage to make opponents not want to just block it when you do use it.

G

genkaku

How about we make the move useable for something.

Think about this.
What if Jet hammer moved forward when you swung in proportion to how long it was charged, and what if it had higher shield damage?

It would still be gimmicky, but at least you could you know...hit someone with it.
Could even give it higher shield damage to make opponents not want to just block it when you do use it.
Something like Ike's side B? That'd be neat. It'd open up a lot of options...
If you did that, could you switch to make the command side B and summoning small waddling things down B? That would make more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom