• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I know how different Mewtwo and Lucario are, but I think it would be beneficial for the project to merge some aspects.

Such as M2's uair and dtilt. Those are two of his best and most iconic moves and could be given to Lucario to help please M2 fans such as myself while Lucario mains would probably just be pleased about the added good attacks.

G

genkaku

Still not seeing it. If you're doing teams, I assume you're accidentally hitting your partner? So if that's the case, learn to magnet cancel on absorption.
Not quite, but I'll drop it. Thanks for the consideration.

humble

Smash Ace
I believe Gen means changing Lucas's magnet so that it only absorbs in front, and he is still vulnerable from behind; currently in brawl he automatically turns around and absorbs behind as well.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Will Sonic's and ZSS's dair make them drop? I already know the fate of Sheik's and Toon Link's, but in the last week-old vid I saw of Sonic, his dair still made him drop. Any changes?

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
page #666

it's a sign. *wanted to call it before anyone else*

also, did meta knight get a new aerial or something? or a new tilt? wutsit look like?

Rikana

Smash Champion
He doesn't glide after upB. That's about all I can remember right now besides the huge change in making him a FF'er - which I really like.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Also, concerning the "dropping" dairs... will the dair stall glitch be kept? Because its good for horizontal recovery and off stage spiking without falling to your death.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Wait..why is Metaknight being a fastfaller? Yeah he has a metal mask, but he freakin' has wings! Why would something with wings fall fast?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Falco has HANDS and ARMS. Yes they have feathers, but he doesn't use them like wings. Metaknight on the other hand, ACTUALLY USES HIS WINGS LIKE WINGS.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Falco is a bird.

Birds have wings.
This made my day, it reminded me of my cousin, a Falco main, when we used to do free for alls on melee and he went on a killing spree, he started saying this.

Falco has HANDS and ARMS. Yes they have feathers, but he doesn't use them like wings. Metaknight on the other hand, ACTUALLY USES HIS CAPE LIKE WINGS.
Fixed that for you

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Falco doesn't have true wings though. They are used as arms, not wings; I've never seen someone flap his wings to recover (because he can't). In fact, Falco's never used his wings as wings. Therefore, it makes sense for him to be a fastfaller. However, since Metaknight uses his cape like wings, and acts like he has wings, and uses them to glide and recover, it doesn't make sense for him to be a fastfaller.

tl;dr: Metaknight acts more like a bird than falco does

shanus

Smash Hero
Falco doesn't have true wings though. They are used as arms, not wings; I've never seen someone flap his wings to recover (because he can't). In fact, Falco's never used his wings as wings. Therefore, it makes sense for him to be a fastfaller. However, since Metaknight uses his cape like wings, and acts like he has wings, and uses them to glide and recover, it doesn't make sense for him to be a fastfaller.

tl;dr: Metaknight acts more like a bird than falco does
i'm going to make falco glide now because of this clear loophole in sakurai design

10nos

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I didn't say to make Falco floaty as well >.> I'm saying making Metaknight a fastfaller is wrong. Just so wrong.

._.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
When something designed to fly is gormlessly dive bombing towards the earth, they tend to actually fall faster than other, less aerodynamic forms of life. Just in case you forgot.

-Also, Smash Bros. makes sense.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Several posts after shanus got back and this is already more interesting than anything that was posted in the last few days.

Heh, Frag that reminded me of someone on the Brawl boards at GameFAQs saying how Brawl was more realistic than Melee as a reason supporting it. It made no ****ing sense.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Are you going to bring back all 64 stages? why not?

Can you divide castle siege in 3 different frozen stages? why not? lol

Please make yoshi JC it's shield like in 64.... please!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Only stages I can't imagine making it back are... actually, we almost have all of them back. As to whether all of them will be even considered for counterpick or legal is up to the developers.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
1.) They have the ability to bring back most, if not all of the stages that were not in Brawl. However, some of them can't function like they did in 64 or melee (I think it's with knockback stuff like hazards and all that), and several of them would have to be changed a lot to be made tourney legal or counterpick.

2.) As of now, they just have Castle Siege frozen on the first stage. The only way to have 3 separate frozen stages would be to use the Stage Expansion thingy.

3.) They are bringing back some 64 stuff (Pikachu bair and all that), but I'm not sure if they are going to add yoshi jump canceling out of his shield

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
There was discussion about Yoshi's shield. Like Symphonic said, nothing has really settled at all (besides keeping it unchanged at the moment) yet.

Pen_island

Smash Cadet
Imo, they should at least test yoshi being able to JC his shield. I think yoshi would have been at least mid tier in melee if he could jump out of his shield.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, and it's not uncommon for this project to test out different aspects to see if they click or not (ie. a good amount of Snake's development).

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I say they should test yoshi jump canceling his shield. If it makes him broken, then yeah keep it out. But if it helps his game without being too awesome, then put it in.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
I say they should test yoshi jump canceling his shield. If it makes him broken, then yeah keep it out. But if it helps his game without being too awesome, then put it in.
obvious idea is obvious
if yoshi can't jump out of shield then speed up his roll

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I still support a startup decrease on his Fair. It doesn't need to be 64 speed Fair, but half of what it currently is would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom