• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
There's something about Yoshi's melee fair that I find so much more appealing than brawl fair. I don't know if it's the fact that in Melee it actually feels like you hit someone with something forceful..in brawl it kinds feels like hitting them with a squeaky hammer.

It's probably either the animation or the sound effects, but melee fair is more aesthetically pleasing than brawl fair.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It's definitely the sound effects, to me at least. It's something the optional sound pack will take care of.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It's better than his Melee one I think, but 64 Bair is just too good. Honestly, Yoshi should have the most insane air game coupled with his DJC. It's what made his crazy learning curve in 64 worth getting over.

I had supported Link's 64 DA, but his Melee/B+ one is actually very good in that it gets characters into the air which is exactly what Link wants. I had underrated it quite a bit until someone told me that and I bothered applying it. Nonetheless, I wouldn't mind either one although I'm sure some higher level Link mains would beg to differ.

Pen_island

Smash Cadet
Maybe if link had his 64 dash attack, but the hit sends them into the air? If link just got his n64 fair, dsmash, and boomerang he'd be set. It'd also be cool if he could throw his bombs as far and as fast n64 link can throw them. I love n64 link and yoshi.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Link should have his mirror shield from Ocarina of Time that acts like a hybrid of his normal shield and G&W's bucket, but instead of throwing crap it shoots lazers.

link should have his brawl+ up b but be able to hit his own bombs.
^^^^This.

Also, Link should have his melee grapple (yeah, I know, it's hard to program, but suck it up.)

Also, at 0% Link should be able to shoot double rainbows from his sword. And fly.

Edit: Actually, Link should be able to shoot manly lazerbeams from his sword instead. Toon Link should shoot double rainbows.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
What are you saying? Rainbows from their swords? Yeah, LINK HAS CAUGHT THE *** NOW

And it's not that Link's melee grapple is hard to code, it's that it's IMPOSSIBLE to code at the moment.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Bah. Possible, impossible, what's the difference really?

Anyhoo, on a serious note (like, a G# or something), are yall short on active programmers? I'd have to start from scratch, but I've got enough time on my hands to learn how to help somehow with the programming. Also, do yall know when the next live stream is gonna be?

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
Link should have his mirror shield from Ocarina of Time that acts like a hybrid of his normal shield and G&W's bucket, but instead of throwing crap it shoots lazers.

^^^^This.

Also, Link should have his melee grapple (yeah, I know, it's hard to program, but suck it up.)

Also, at 0% Link should be able to shoot double rainbows from his sword. And fly.

Edit: Actually, Link should be able to shoot manly lazerbeams from his sword instead. Toon Link should shoot double rainbows.
and and pit can shoot unicorn horns and lollipops from his bow

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
What I'd personally do to Link to make him fit in a high/top tier position for PM.

Jab: As is with multi-stab implemented
DTilt: Slightly decreased startup, decreased end lag, non-spike angle and knockback sets up for aerials
FTilt: Slightly decreased startup, knockback angle made to gimp (if it doesn't already)
UTilt: Melee or 64 iteration is good enough; it just needs that extra coverage behind Link really

DSmash: 64 iteration
FSmash: Slightly improved knockback on first hit
USmash: Lower set knockback (although I need to check and see if it's already good for putting foes a reasonable height above Link)

Uair: Simply better juggling ability if it already doesn't have that
Nair: Melee iteration
Bair: Melee iteration
Fair: 64 iteration and slightly decreased end lag
Dair: 64 iteration (essentially decreased startup)

nB: B+ iteration (basically faster charge time along with vBrawl's superior charged arrows)
fB: Melee/Brawl hybrid - Hitbox always present; return trip includes constant windbox and multi-hitter hitbox
uB: (Aerial) B+ iteration with the Melee semi-spike; (Grounded) Melee, duh
dB: Melee iteration (64 iteration would be OP) or essentially lower set knockback without the KO potential; increased throw distance and limit removed

Stats:
-Increased run speed
-Slightly increased air speed

Just all the general changes I'd apply to Link. I'm curious how many of these are considered in the project though (not including really obvious ones).

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
link needs a faster f-tilt, that would be crucial
edit: changes above me are all good too

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol i support link shooting laser beams with his jab at 0%. its not like it'd ever last long anyway. and this game is silly enough as-is

Rikana

Smash Champion
Short hop double boomerang? Yeayuhz. That actually would be sick. Allowing Link to have 2 boomerangs on the field will make him jump to top tier in my opinion. You can control the boomerang AND it has a return hitbox too.

Make this happen in Brawl-. I wanna experiment with it.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...I definitely agree with a lot of GD's ideas for link. However, to just make him as viable as everyone else will be, all I'd suggest is the Melee/Brawl hybrid fB and B+'s arrows and upB. I'm pretty content with his normal attacks; to me it's mainly been his B moves that have been a bit lacking (aside from bombs, of course).

So.......like i said earlier........will there be another stream anytime soon? :D

Sterowent

Smash Ace
if you wanna give link double of anything, it should be double hookshots! first one grapples wall, autojump interruptible with anything, even a second hookshot! the ultimate recovery!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
His bombs, not lacking? The 2 bomb limit is horrible and makes less sense than where he pulls them out from in the first place.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
His bombs, not lacking? The 2 bomb limit is horrible and makes less sense than where he pulls them out from in the first place.
Lol, I meant lacking in effectiveness, not numbers. And show me a man who has more than two and I'll believe that Link needs more as well.

...actually...he does have a Triforce....soooo.........

..........Tristicles? :o Sure, he should have a max of three bombs, why not.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
theres supposed to be one for melee/brawl/side events. nobody cares about brawl+, so just stream project m there instead when other stuff isnt going on (like crew battles or whatever they're using it for)

matt4300

Smash Ace
Geh... Seriously why when link is finally brought up does everyone just throw around bad jokes and puns. Some of us take our main seriously.

@: Gamedominatior06 Thanks for a real post. I dont know how good he would be with all of that, but brawl+ just about over buffed him and he was still very near the end of the spectrum.

Link has a terrible moveset in general. As soon as everyone understands this he can start getting the attention he deserves in PM.

I have been playing him and Tlink in PM for a few days strait against some good bama smashers. He's pretty terrible right now ... Tlink is worse... But I understand that very little has been done to them thus far, and ideas are still being thrown around. Link ground spin and rang are the only things keeping him from just plain sandbagging right now. His recovery is probley the worst it's ever been in a smash game. The ideas are there its just the codeing limitations thats holding him back.

Characters like kirby and pika are naturaly going to be much better to start because of how good their brawl movesets are. Link was bad in 64, bad in melee, and **** in brawl. Hes just going to require alot more work than most. Hes already much better than brawl link, but I realise thats not saying much. I wouldn't worry about him until the balanceing phase.

D

Deleted member

Link has a terrible moveset in general. As soon as everyone understands this he can start getting the attention he deserves in PM.
This. His moveset's synergy is pretty terrible. A 64 boomerang can only slightly remedy that by giving him a good way to shut down his opponent's movement and start combos, buts it's a welcome addition.

Link's onstage game is much better than it used to be with the addition of a few advanced movement options and a lengthier wavedash.

Rikana

Smash Champion
@matt4300. I'm actually serious about the double rang lol but I just think that would be too over powered which is why I said it should be in Brawl-.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if you wanna give link double of anything, it should be double hookshots! first one grapples wall, autojump interruptible with anything, even a second hookshot! the ultimate recovery!
Hookshotting the wall is not possible.

humble

Smash Ace
Hookshotting the wall is not currently possible.
It's important to never make a superlative statement in regards to the future- we can only tell what is currently possible, so when speaking of impossibilities, one cannot speak for sure without knowing all the potential energy that makes up the universe and defines what might and could happen. What could happen, what might happen, these are questions we cannot answer because we simply cannot account for all the possibilities. Don't underestimate human ingenuity and our potential for discovery; it is foolish to declare the impossible without attempting to explore it fully. I can state that L canceling in Brawl was not possible, and it wasn't; until the amazing hackers of our community opened the game to its core codes and made it possible. I could have stated hacking brawl was not possible, but once again, human ingenuity would prove me wrong.

I have faith in the abilities of those at work on this project; I will not declare any of their goals out of reach, for they have proven us time and time again that they can surpass obstacles. So rather, I will simply say good luck to them, and hope that they are successful once more.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I didn't know that I said "Hookshotting the wall will never be possible." Sorry guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom