• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
SHeLL stated that Mario's Melee and Brawl Dair both serve similar purposes. However, Melee Dair has a far wider range of percentages that it is effective in. I think it also has a larger hitbox, but it might be the aesthetics throwing me off.
they are pretty different, I actually think brawl dair would be better on this one

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Well, I had asked him about it a while back on the discrepancies between the two and why Melee Dair was chosen. That was most of what I remembered.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
That looks completely pointless from a grounded up b and just another wavedash from an up b while landing.
lol pointless?? this is an awesome tech. You can juggle heavies (ala falco shine)
and it's a great combo starter (since u can follow up right away due to canceling ur up b)
The only reason you don't see it in Melee is because it's way too difficult to execute consistently

so if P:M can make it easier to input, it could be a fairly decent tech.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Sora-Kun and why should we try to please those "idiots" you speak about?

so what if we clone stuff back to melee? that's what half of this project is about....i'd rather have a cloned move that looks and works good than a crap animation just for the sake of "variety" and pleasing noobs

point taken.
and with that my entire argument is gone.

i agree. if idiots wont play such an amazing work of art because of that then at least the project M community will be spared a little bit of stupidity right?
so meh.
i like sparta kick. meme kick ftw.
i personally like melee down tilt better it looks kewl.<_> but brawl one looks more powerful and it's original.

so either way i won't rly care lol

kaizo13

Smash Champion
we should give Captain Falcon the sparta kick instead

that would be soo manly i wouldn't mind it *lulz

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
we should give Captain Falcon the sparta kick instead

that would be soo manly i wouldn't mind it *lulz
with sparta kick falcon couldn't DAFT
It would be a great injustice to falcons everywhere and sparta kick only works for ganon anyway but just barely

I R MarF

Smash Ace
lol pointless?? this is an awesome tech. You can juggle heavies (ala falco shine)
and it's a great combo starter (since u can follow up right away due to canceling ur up b)
The only reason you don't see it in Melee is because it's way too difficult to execute consistently

so if P:M can make it easier to input, it could be a fairly decent tech.
I agree; it sets up for a lot of aerial follow ups/combos. If the window for execution was extended by 3 or so frames it would actually be a very accessible AT for mario users and help expand his meta game. Not to mention the ability to fiddle with controller options such as B-sticking.

However, if it is too difficult to code then there is no point wasting time on it now; but it would be cool to see implemented sometime down the road.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
hah, i forgot to factor SC2 into everything now. i'm surprised the world hasn't stopped.

in fact, i bet that's all shanus is doing right now too.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
he came to america for apex
and yes, the peach main from sweden haha
ahh apex.. i should know what that is shouldn't i..

i'm jk it's a type of cereal! <_< i'm not stupid!
cereal = tourney
anyway i'd love to watch him play =o

Sterowent

Smash Ace
i dunno, is the game really ready to be played by the likes of one of the top 5 players in the world? in this case, unlike with M2K, SS, Vanz, it's not like there'll be someone back home for him explaining the progress of PM. i get so worried

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
i dunno, is the game really ready to be played by the likes of one of the top 5 players in the world? in this case, unlike with M2K, SS, Vanz, it's not like there'll be someone back home for him explaining the progress of PM. i get so worried

who are the top 5 exactly?

mango
isai
ken
me
---

i know i'm way off. and i refuse to include m2k <_<
>_>

yes i know isai and ken are retired.
so now we have

me
mango
--
--
--

bleyva

Smash Ace
well then just get one of Armada's Swedish cronies to explain to him that its still in its early stages and that few things are set in stone.

not a big deal imo.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
top 5 is mango, m2k, hungrybox, armada, amsah probably. shiz and pp are close too. and scorpion master

im probably missing someone >_>

Magus420

Smash Master
You go into up-b landing lag when you up-b cancel. It mostly only has novelty in that it's his fastest OoS option. Now, the lag after a cancel could probably be sped up if it were somehow able to be put in PM, but it definitely was not a 'great combo starter' in melee since it lags for half a second.

Btw, there are some issues with Peach that need working on (landing detection for ground float aerials, dashing behind out of crouch which messes up ground float aerials, IASAs on aerials temporarily removed since they were causing the fall out of float bug). Peach is one of my mains in Melee and I personally can't stand using her in PM atm mostly for the issues with ground floated aerials. I would not be surprised if he hates using her as well.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
top 5 is mango, m2k, hungrybox, armada, amsah probably. Shiz and pp are close too. And scorpion master

im probably missing someone >_>
isaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: about the stages, will they all be tournament legal? If not, what will the remaining stages consist of?

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
lets not derail this to a top 5 thread
besides we all know it's scorpion master
wasn't planning on that. just a question out of curiousity

that mario guy? i omgwtf'd when i saw that one combo that ended with a clouded fsmash.
that was too **** pro <_>

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
wasn't planning on that. just a question out of curiousity

that mario guy? i omgwtf'd when i saw that one combo that ended with a clouded fsmash.
that was too **** pro <_>
please tell me you know that "that mario guy" is more than meets the eye

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
please tell me you know that "that mario guy" is more than he appears to be
well i don't rly know a lot of pro melee players
i said "that mario guy" to make sure i was thinking of the same person.
i know the basic melee pros tho <_<
amsah, lucian (prolly spelled wrong), isai, ken, neo, the germ, m2k, mango, shiz, taj, dr pp, shiz, zhu, SS, HMW, bob$, shroomed, armada, kage, boss, some more that i forget

but no i've never heard of scorpion until today. sorry =/
i'm a melee rookie lol i was good in brawl but who gives a **** about brawl?<_< i started playing melee when i heard about this project so ya.. i know very little. ;_;
so.. enlighten me plz

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
well i don't rly know a lot of pro melee players
i said "that mario guy" to make sure i was thinking of the same person.
i know the basic melee pros tho <_<
amsah, lucian (prolly spelled wrong), isai, ken, neo, the germ, m2k, mango, shiz, taj, dr pp, shiz, zhu, SS, HMW, bob$, shroomed, armada, kage, boss, some more that i forget

but no i've never heard of scorpion until today. sorry =/
i'm a melee rookie lol i was good in brawl but who gives a **** about brawl?<_< i started playing melee when i heard about this project so ya.. i know very little. ;_;
so.. enlighten me plz
It is general consensus that Scorpion Master = Mango.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Just need to keep up with the game mate, there were like, 3 threads about it. And in the comments section of all of his videos.
as long as it's clear that it's because i'm not keeping up and not because of pure stupidity <_<

plus i don't rly read any threads except this one e.e too lazy to bother.

i thought on the comments they were bs'ing or saying he's mango as a reference to being the best. <_< but i guess i was wrong. oh well.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
as long as it's clear that it's because i'm not keeping up and not because of pure stupidity <_<

plus i don't rly read any threads except this one e.e too lazy to bother.

i thought on the comments they were bs'ing or saying he's mango as a reference to being the best. <_< but i guess i was wrong. oh well.
just watch him play, he's clearly mango from how he plays
also look at gsg results. there's no way and unknown at like his 3rd tourney got 2nd with mario in that bracket
tldr: yah he's mango

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Guys, get back on topic >_> Take the top player discussion to Melee Discussion.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Guys, get back on topic >_> Take the top player discussion to Melee Discussion.
it's not like there's anything else to discuss at 3:21 am <__< but fine w/e sorry.

back to stuff that's been discussed 40 times already:

will link get his melee down smash hitbox? you could hit people touching your hat with that thing.

also to further give reasons why i wish he could grab opponents who are in the air,
i was fighting cpu because i had no one else to fight as my brother was gone. i threw the boomerang - it came back - i grabbed - the rang hit (he was at 25%..) - my grab missed because the boomerang hit him 2 inches off the ground.

is his rang going to be the multi hit galemerang? (i heard it was that somewhere..) or are you changing it back to single hit? multi hit would be ****** but idk if it would be broken or not.

and is it possible to give link's bombs a smaller explosion like in melee? i loved being able to stand so close that i could touch elbows and still blow them up without getting hit as well.

and that's all i can think of that's on topic at this moment =/

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
btw guys, up-b cancel doesn't legitimately combo into anything in melee. DI and all that.
and the input was ********, you hit up-b and then you went backward like 13 degrees on the analog stick within 3 frames. so dumb.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
btw guys, up-b cancel doesn't legitimately combo into anything in melee. DI and all that.
and the input was ********, you hit up-b and then you went backward like 13 degrees on the analog stick within 3 frames. so dumb.
Seems like it has potential to be an AT to me.
Put it in, make it easier to use and better in general. Sounds fun to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom