• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
melee weegee? kewl. do we get to hear YIPEE! every time he up smashes too?.. cuz i might go insane if we do..
same with sheik saying TEW TEW TEW TEW every **** time she moves and omg =___=

can you do melee sheik eventually?(after fox)
but without the oversized scarf ?_?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I have to say something about that Luigi model.....His brawl model is way better than his melee one, no offense. But I'm sure people melee purists will wish to use a melee one.

EDIT: Guy above me reminded me why I should get the optional SFX pack if it comes out

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I want Melee Fox as much as anyone, but Yoshi's Story is totally higher up on my wishlist.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I have to say something about that Luigi model.....His brawl model is way better than his melee one, no offense. But I'm sure people melee purists will wish to use a melee one.

EDIT: Guy above me reminded me why I should get the optional SFX pack if it comes out

you actually like the "TEW TEW TEW TEW TEW TEW MOARTEW" ????

wtf are you?!?! o.O srsly i watched this one match with her and my head hurt for an hour afterwards

ya i like brawl's model better. in melee i could never tell who was mario or luigi and ugh ~.~

@Strong_Bad - hell yes stages >>>> models

and bcuz i'm not a fox main so i rly don't care.. o.O

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
She's a ninja. She's using a specific type of breathing to move quicker. Do not doubt Sheik's masterfulness.
She makes the same sounds in Brawl, btw. Every time she jumps it happens. Even in vBrawl.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
She's a ninja. She's using a specific type of breathing to move quicker. Do not doubt Sheik's masterfulness.
She makes the same sounds in Brawl, btw. Every time she jumps it happens. Even in vBrawl.
Most if not all jump voices in vBrawl only happen when character make high jumps (ground jumps and footstools). Even then, the sounds aren't the same when it comes to Sheik at least.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Brawl Luigi's voice doesn't fit his Fair attack that well, personally. His FSmash voice is fine though.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
it's annoying
and i don't notice because brawl has no wavedash <_< wavedash = jump

edit: someone else said this =_= i didn't read before i said anything. point is it's much more headache inducing in melee.

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
Brawluigi looks a lot more "Luigi" to me, but if it turns out to be anything like your Melee Falco vertex, then I wouldn't be surprised to see the Melee obsessive download it in a heartbeat.

If there were a choice between the Melee versions of any of the Mario Bros., however, I would choose Mario; He looks a little more fighting fit, his portion of hair pointed forward is moved to his right side (Dr. Mario's anyway) and he actually smiles.

Still Gamewatching, keep up the good work!

Sterowent

Smash Ace
your stage work is really impressive, GW. looking better all the time

those platforms bother me, but i know that'll come later. randal and everything else come first, i suppose

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
Luigi, Fox and Pichu are paused

btw,
what do you think of this ?
(Yoshi's Story)
Once again, I'm impressed. I'm actually working on a custom stage myself, but...

...that will come later. The platforms may not be exact yet, but that kind of work is definitely a mainstay for this project. Well done.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
who can draw the new platforms postion in this pic and i ll fix em ?!
The side platforms just have to be moved outward so they go slightly further out than the ledge does. Since I'm no coder I don't know what units to use, so I'd say about one Olimar width out XD.

EDIT: I made a mock up version in MSpaint c:

Hopefully I'm not ninja'd before photobucket loads

Waluigi1

Smash Rookie
I know this has probably been asked a million times, but this thread is almost 500 pages long and I don't really wanna look through all of them. >.> About how far along is this project now? Is an open beta anywhere in the near future or is it still going to be quite a while?

Sterowent

Smash Ace
it's a nice compliment to have that asked so often. at the same time, ****'s annoying.

kinda wondering it myself though now. did that recent discovery solve landing detection? i imagine that's one of the big pins bowled over, but fixing what's already implemented takes time as well. not only that, but the hitbox/KB conversions still need to be done, possible new additions may be added, new characters still require a redux, and then balancing would be needed for the first beta.

with all that said, you really ought to have checked out the second post of this thread. it answers your question specifically, though not as deeply as i have.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
People, please! just please! read the thread opening page, they update the FAQ quiet often., maybe Shanus should add "No open beta" to description. But anyway Waluigi, the project is progressing along nicely, las 2 weeks have been VERY good on discoveries. but im pretty sure that the project won't be released any time soon(I'm no dev, but i'm pretty sure that we won't get a beta until next year) and it's alright, cause when we do, it will be a thing of beauty. Sure we are all desperate, some of us has been following the thread for a looong time, but the updates we receive are great, and we get a lot of updates on the progress, so as long as you keep reading the thread at least once a day, you'll have time to build some hype :)

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I have Questions about some of the negative effects on melee's physics engine on other brawl characters. What are some of the other characters that you imagine dropping on the tier list even though they were not tampered with other than the physics engine?

nawgui

Smash Cadet
Is Link going to be able to still gale guard by throwing his boomerang at the ledge whilst off the ledge?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
And Dantarion's discovery about Landing Detection then?
That is what he was talking about. Imagine as if landing detection were a box it would be a small flat box near their feet, now Dantarion figured out how to make the top of the box go up further, which will mean wavelanding onto platforms will be complete. The problem is, the bottom is still there and you still land on your feet. We need to figure out how to get fix it.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I had to leave the tourney early and couldn't get armada to play :( it was hard to find a set up to play at in a small tourney also. Any tv i woulda took for PM woulda made the tourney go slower. But there's always apex

Sterowent

Smash Ace
oh, i see what you mean. like if we could see landing detection like hitboxes, as in a big ball of light, in vBrawl it would be squashed on the feet so when on the ground it would find the 'landing box' and say you landed, and if you jumped through a platform it would still do that, but currently in PM the landing box is taller, so jumping through a platform would put you in land sooner because the platform would sense the landing box sooner because of the added height. however, coming downward would have the game read the landing box at the feet still, forcing the player to land on the feet no matter what?

so, basically, jumping through platforms will yield a sooner landing and jumping sideways into a platform could yield a landing if the game finds the taller landing detection, but landing from above will yield a vBrawl, foot to ground landing, regardless of what is landed on?

edit: yep, always apex. man, he was playing really well from the few vids already uploaded (ripped from stream)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
That's exactly how it is. Except, we can't really call it a landing box or anything, as we do not understand it well enough.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
uh, considering how many people are fond of melee here, and since this is smashboards, i feel the need to mention plank's 25-cap on his super early registration: http://pound5.weebly.com/bullregistrationbull.html
don't have to pay venue fee, and refunds are available. he doesn't have a button up for brawl+melee all in though.

i wonder if the landing detection on the bottom is so hardwired into a portion of the game, or if its values are transferred into something abstract like a simple 'landing' action. i hope it's not too padded into that changing such a value could cause a collapse in the disk itself! the end of smash as we know it!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Is Link going to be able to still gale guard by throwing his boomerang at the ledge whilst off the ledge?
I think the effect is being removed or at the very least won't work in place of Melee Boomerang. IIRC, we're getting the Melee Boomerang because its return trip is far more useful than the Gale Boomerang's wind effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom