• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
idk the sparta kick looks very ******** to me.....i mean we could just give him melee f-tilt and buff it up a bit......(although honestly i think his Melee one was completely fine)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
melee ftilt doesnt need buffing either, the range and kb are crazy o.o if jab wasn't so retardedly fast it'd see a lot more use in melee

Sterowent

Smash Ace
model =/= character.
maybe not absolutely, but model does = character
otherwise, animations and vertex hacks, not even delving into the illusory hurtbox problems, wouldn't be so controversial. a character's feel is very much associated with how he/she/potato looks while doing what the player wants.

that said, i like ganon's ftilt/dtilt animations. they have that oomph to them a lot of his moveset likes to show off. plus, curb stomp...yeahhhhh

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I also like Ganondorf's Melee dtilt more than the Brawl one. But if it still works the same way as before, I won't really mind the different animation.

bleyva

Smash Ace
Whaaat...

Brawl ftilt looks so much better. All it needed was the ability to angle, which Shell took care of beautifully.
ftilt and side-B are the only attacks that DONT make brawl ganon look like he has arthritis, hence the only ones that ought be kept in.

brawl dtilt also = bob barker ganon, the melee sweep kick was so much more fluid and better looking.

D

Deleted member

I like my opinion on Ganon's tilts because they are my opinions and nobody can prove them wrong because they're so right.

Speaking of opinions... will it be possible to change the effects on collision of the Peach bomber from fire/explosion to hearts/love sexplosion as a choice amongst the community? I don't see that affecting gameplay except for Ivysaur's weakness to fire, and I'm guessing those pokemon type weaknesses will be removed.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
while opinions, it boils down to two points on the tilts.

melee has more fluidity
brawl has more power

not in the idea of the hitboxes or KB, but, of course, the animation's impressions. like i said, i'm leaning more towards brawl's, more for consistency than anything else. just about all of ganon's moves have that quick jerk of power to them. Fair, Dair, Bair, Nair, maybe not Uair. Fsmash, Dsmash, even his Usmash in brawl, but i do like his melee one better simply because the animation is that much more thorough. his specials may also be an exception, as upB is fairly fluid in both games, but even his sideB has that note of power in the choke. however, the idea of reintroducing more fluidity to ganon is an interesting one, such as with his run animation. this is why i'm only slightly favoring the brawl animations.

oh, and from what i can see the melee up angled ftilt wasn't that beautiful either. the (edit!!!) PM one doesn't trump it in that respect, but they seem pretty equal to me in terms of irregular flexibility.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Everybody knows Arceus = God. Mewtwo can't even learn Judgment.

harharhar
arceus is the antimew <_< he's come because it's the apocalypse. he shall DECEIVE!!!

don't believe him man o.e

edit: i think brawl(i meant brawl.. ;_;) tilts should be used to avoid all the scrubs saying OMGF YEW RE KLONED PEOPLE YOU SICK *******S!! THIS IS BLASPHEMY!!
THIS IS MADNESS!!!!
THIS!
IS!!
GANON!!!

i know i need to stop that ~.~ but ya. reclone = meh. i personally don't care but as i said.. idiots.
/notanidiotiswear

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
edit: i think melee tilts should be used to avoid all the scrubs saying OMGF YEW RE KLONED PEOPLE YOU SICK *******S!! THIS IS BLASPHEMY!!
Huh? That doesn't make any sense. Melee tilts would make him appear more of a clone, not less. But either way it's irrelevant - he plays completely differently than Falcon and anyone who can't see that has little business playing this mod.

For the record I prefer most of Ganon's Brawl animations with the notable exception of his run, which has already been fixed. I could go either way on dtilt.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Huh? That doesn't make any sense. Melee tilts would make him appear more of a clone, not less. But either way it's irrelevant - he plays completely differently than Falcon and anyone who can't see that has little business playing this mod.

For the record I prefer most of Ganon's Brawl animations with the notable exception of his run, which has already been fixed. I could go either way on dtilt.
my bad i meant brawl ~.~

i realize that they play very very different but as i've said about 5 times; people are idiots. However, i guess if they complain about something like that they don't rly deserve to play this.

i'll rephrase. i don't mind clones, however the brawl tilts add more variety to the game even if it's just aesthetics. that's pretty much it. it's all about preference rly =/ ganon will still be ganon whether he has brawl tilts, melee tilts, or snake's vbrawl tilts. only the last one would make him ********... but i guess ******** ganon still = ganon.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I know I've posted a lot of my philosophy on this thread, and I feel like I need to say this whether or not it is wanted. Characters that have had their movesets altered between the Melee to Brawl transition should not be touched. Fine, some have already been altered, and those changes should stay in. However, I believe the vast majority of Brawl's character changes should be preserved.

So no, Falco's tilts should not be altered to perform like his Melee's counterparts. Mario's down special should still be the FLUDD. Ganondorf should still have the Flame Choke. Sheik's Dair should stay the same. You get the point, right?

If this project goes as far as to import old character models and movesets, it defeats the purpose of the project its self. Yes, there are a handful of new characters, fine. But what this project should really be bringing us is Brawl as if though it was designed with Melee's physics and game play style in tact.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Sora-Kun and why should we try to please those "idiots" you speak about?

so what if we clone stuff back to melee? that's what half of this project is about....i'd rather have a cloned move that looks and works good than a crap animation just for the sake of "variety" and pleasing noobs

Revven

FrankerZ
Nobody said we were including the Melee Falco model Rhubarbo. Don't assume anything by what the general public says or think. You should only listen to when a dev is giving the facts. Everything in here that isn't said by a dev shouldn't be taken seriously as an opinion of the team.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I support Melee tilts.
Ftilt looks retardedly stiff no matter how many sparta n00bs want it in.
Dtilt has the same problem.

Keep in mind that this is Project MELEE, your main target audience will presumably be Melee players.
And I think Melee players would support Melee tilts...

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Go read the first post. All of you. I'm tired of reading your "interpretation" of what the project "should be". We have a clear and concise explanation there for a reason.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Rhubarbo said:
So no, Falco's tilts should not be altered to perform like his Melee's counterparts. Mario's down special should still be the FLUDD. Ganondorf should still have the Flame Choke. Sheik's Dair should stay the same. You get the point, right?
If you've been around this thread and read enough dev posts long enough, you would know that the moves in question (whether changed visually or mechanically) were
A) Fundamentally better in one game than the other (Sheik's Dair, Ganondorf's USmash)
B) Were changed to animate like another game's version of it to make mechanical sense; this usually applies only if A is true (Falco's UTilt, Ganondorf's USmash again)

The idea isn't just to make the character moves exactly like Melee. Many moves were simply far better in Melee period. Note that on very rare occasions, the SSB64 counterpart moves can be considered (Pikachu and Kirby come to mind).

FLUDD isn't changing by the way. It's getting an awesome overhaul that actually makes sense.

EDIT: Devs, if I misunderstood or confused anything any of you guys said please correct me. This is best of my recollection, so I think I didn't mess anything up.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Will Mario's dair be tornado or the Melee drill? I'm not sure how practical the tornado is, but Mario's dair was pretty useful in Melee, especially on Doc.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
looks accurate to me, but i'm no dev. fludd is getting an overhaul aerially, from what i remember, to act similar to melee's downB, but it's a hybrid. it was hinted at to be superior, but the discussion didn't flesh it out

edit: mario's dair is melee.

i'm beginning to doubt the likeliness of sneak's stream he mentioned yesturday. welp, guess there's always tomorrow

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
SHeLL stated that Mario's Melee and Brawl Dair both serve similar purposes. However, Melee Dair has a far wider range of percentages that it is effective in. I think it also has a larger hitbox, but it might be the aesthetics throwing me off.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Will any aspects of Doc be implemented into Mario? Because in Melee, Doc was easily > Mario. =]

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Sheik's dair already meleefied. But i'm curious as to what the fate of Mario's dair and down b are. An overhaul doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Although I guess if he had melee dair and a hybrid aerial down b, he would have both tornado and drill. EDIT: mario's fair has some of doc's Properties.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Mario's dair mocks Melee's. Mario's downB is in coding phase, we're attempting something newish. Grounded downB is rocket nozzle FLUDD and aerial is a "Fluddnado".

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Mario's dair mocks Melee's. Mario's downB is in coding phase, we're attempting something newish. Grounded downB is rocket nozzle FLUDD and aerial is a "Fluddnado".
Wait, so what is the benefit from the rocket nozzle for onstage? Because in the game the rocket nozzle shoots him 100 feet straight up.

Also, are you guys giving Mario bouncier fire balls and up b cancelling (which will be a lot easier to do in-game with b sticking)?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I believe they did make the fire balls bouncier. Don't know about Up B canceling (Doc's at least, I know Mario's Up B to wall jump is in).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Up-B Cancel has a ******** input. As such, it'd be retardedly hard to code. Plus, it's 100% useless.
But many aspects of Doctor Mario will be ported over to Mario. Think of a best of both worlds thing.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
HANNAH MONTANA!?!?!?111

But seriously, What the heck is up b canceling? I've never heard of it. But I do know about up b to wall jump

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I forget exactly how it's done, but I know you do it on the ground and I think you hit in the opposite direction you're facing almost exactly a frame after input. For how hard it is to pull off, it's a niche AT that could be used for very silly mindgames which is why it's not a major concern.

EDIT: Ninja'd on the UpB cancel.

As for morphing Doc into Mario, some of those changes include reverse sex kick, Doc Punch (occurs on first half of frames that the hitbox is active; Mario's Fair meteor occurs on the remaining half of the active hitbox's frames), and the bouncier fire balls.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Wait, so what is the benefit from the rocket nozzle for onstage? Because in the game the rocket nozzle shoots him 100 feet straight up.
It's dependent on charge. In Super Mario Sunshine you had to continue holding until the bar maxed and you would shoot really high. In our interpretation, the longer you hold downB, the higher you go. You can use it for reach or to squirt a little water while you wavedash lol. Shieldcanceling it allows you to go higher with each tap of B during fluddnado.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom