• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
falco just did though:confused:
He may not have been updated to the most up to date code set. Because right now, on my screen when I am facing backwards and falling (note tumbling is different from falling, falling is when you're just straight up falling, not after being hit by something). I do not grab the ledge, nor when I DJ or jump backwards to it.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
It wont be as useful because aerial into QD won't work so you'd be better off just shooting an arrow from the ground.
not necessarily =/
you can jump back - reverse QD as a retreat you know.
you could also have a bomb - jump forward - QD - throw bomb.
or perhaps platform drop - QD (i used to do this with link when i still played vbrawl)

there are more uses for it than just using it after an aerial

but you're right it will have less uses.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
The Falco vertex hack in action looks great, but man... that brawl camera just sucks. Once you guys fix it you can actually do a seemless transition.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
He may not have been updated to the most up to date code set. Because right now, on my screen when I am facing backwards and falling (note tumbling is different from falling, falling is when you're just straight up falling, not after being hit by something). I do not grab the ledge, nor when I DJ or jump backwards to it.
ok good to hear then

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
There's still reverse ledge-grabbing.

On the Melee Mario texture, I like the details of Brawl's Mario but the saturation of Melee's. I'll give a shot anyways and I probably won't even notice the difference :p
I don't mind reverse ledge grabbing since occupancy can't be coded. This definitely helps the off-stage aerial game.

D

Deleted member

I don't mind reverse ledge grabbing since occupancy can't be coded. This definitely helps the off-stage aerial game.
Especially for Ness. He has beastly options without reverse ledge grabbing and DJC option. I can imagine how he'd fare with an improved way to grab the ledge after offstage edgeguarding.

BEES

Smash Lord
presumably the beta will come when it's at the point where there are no major flaws great enough to cause hundreds of angry nerds to declare the project a failure

there still are one or two that need hammering out

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i doubt they'd remove QD...i mean think about it, they'd have to purposefully take it out and whats the point?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
What does Mewtwo have to do with Melee Falco's model? Falco was already in, it's not like we're replacing him with a completely different model >.>

Sterowent

Smash Ace
to be fair, you'd basically be replacing his brawl model with his melee model. not technically, but the principle is the same.

****, i need some sleep, but...the stream! maybe a couple hours is okay...

Revven

FrankerZ
We have not discussed balance yet, so asking about 'buffs' is the wrong term. If you mean what we're restoring for Pikachu that he lost in Bawrl I can only confirm this much: Uair spike and 64 Bair.

Please try to stray away from the terms nerfs and buffs othrwise you will cause a catastrophic argument, thank you.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
We have not discussed balance yet, so asking about 'buffs' is the wrong term. If you mean what we're restoring for Pikachu that he lost in Bawrl I can only confirm this much: Uair spike and 64 Bair.

Please try to stray away from the terms nerfs and buffs othrwise you will cause a catastrophic argument, thank you.
Oh, sorry. I'll be sure not to throw around words like that.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
yeah lol but its true

edit: guy above me what does that have to do with anything?

Mewtwo = God. Sakurai axes mewtwo in Brawl. Sakurai = doesn't like/believe in Mewtwo, = doesn't like/believe in God = atheist.

And are any of Ganondorf's "luigified" moves going to be made more clone-like again? I heard he's keeping his SPARTA kick, but that's about it in terms of which move he's keeping versus which moves he's not

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I think he should keep his brawl down tilt, it kinda has a similar-ish animation to his sparta kick and suits him better. But I do like his melee up smash better. And I already know he's keeping the ability from brawl+ to SH uair DJ and SH bair DJ.

Also, I prefer his melee dair animation...but if it's not possible to get that animation then it's fine

poodoas

Smash Rookie
I like ganondorf's down air animation in Brawl compared to melee. I do not know if there are any non-cosmetic changes to reverting to his old melee dair animation.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
u guys are really late on that one lol.....Ganon has had Melee Dair for a long time now.....it was even in the first P:M trailer lol

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I like ganondorf's down air animation in Brawl compared to melee. I do not know if there are any non-cosmetic changes to reverting to his old melee dair animation.
He has better range in the front of him and can meteor smash with his "elbow" and chest area as well as his feet.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
oh so he already has his melee dair? Cool.

WHAT? Stingers, are you crazy? Sparta kick will stay in. And The devs have already said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom