• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

X1-12

Smash Champion
If the physics from melee are going into this, what exactly is gonna be different from melee other than the graphics

I think in the FAQ section should have a list of what aspects are drawn from melee, and which are drawn from brawl

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
No no no. Textures can go over the sleep hat, but the textures have to be made with the model that contains her sleep hat.

For example, in the old way of doing textures (ASH), If you're editing Jigglypuff's costumes, there'll be different parts in the jazz hat then there is with the sunhat, which has different stuff from the sleepy hat, etc. You have to use a texture that was done with the sleepy hat model if you're putting a texture over Sleepy hat jiggz.

However, for some reason I think naked jiggz and flower jiggz can both use textures from either naked jiggz, flower jiggz model, or jazz hat model. And I think jazz hat jigglypuff can use textures from naked jiggz, flower jiggz, or jazz hat model.

P.S: I think I know why he's called Spam_Arrows....

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Well, you have the obvious like more characters all of which will be made viable, tons of legal stages, and a number of new tricks to learn. The deal is that P:M is using a very Melee-like engine (basically, as close as they can get) to build the characters off of.

However, I would agree that the FAQ section could elaborate on some Melee and Brawl-specific things.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Lower tier characters will have differences from Melee. and newcomers are also going to be different.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Because you spam arrows. Because you're a pit player. Therefore, you automatically are labeled a spammer as such.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Because you spam arrows. Because you're a pit player. Therefore, you automatically are labeled a spammer as such.
Your right. I won a tournament with Pit about a month or 2 after brawl came out lol. I use to practice was a spammer but I never missed usually because I practiced My aim with arrows so unless you dodged you were getting hit. The lack of skill bored me though. Eventually Metaknight became my Main because I made it my goal to make people never want to play brawl again. Then that got old so I just tossed out my copy of brawl and decided to get back into melee.

good job sir ;). So yeah I wish I knew how to hack things. If I did I'd make Pit the overall best like he should've been myself.

94teen

Smash Cadet
So.....I kind of just want to sum up what we know about what changes have been made and see what I'm missing. If it's comprehensive enough, maybe a similar list can be put in spoilers on the front page to avoid repetitive questions?

Mario:
pretty much melee, it seems like
-Combination of Doc/Mario Fair
-Melee Dair
-Fludd is down special as opposed to Tornado

Luigi:
Mostly melee/hasn't been messed with too much

Peach:
Mostly melee
-Brawl Utilt

Bowser:
-Hasn't been messed with?

Yoshi
-DJC
-there was talk of 64 Fair
-Buffed recovery?
-JCable shield?

Wario:
-Probably losing the bike?
-Talk of replacing most of his specials
-Less aerial mobility

DK:
-Melee up special
-Hasn't been messed around with much?

Diddy:
-Techable bananas
-?

Link:
Mostly melee?
-Can't grapple any surface
-talk of 64 boomerang
-Melee Spin attack
-Aerials sped up (fair, nair, bair?)

Sheik:
100% Melee?

Zelda:
-Melee Fair/Bair
-?

Gannon
-Mostly melee
-Brawl side special

Toon Link
-Plays like young link (nair, dair, not sure about fair)
-Brawl bair
-Dair has been fixed with no downward momentum plus fire hitbox

Samus:
Mostly melee?
-Missle Cancels
-Super wavedash

Zamus:
?

Pit:
?

Ice Climbers:
Mostly melee? Don't think there's been much discussion

Rob:
?

Kirby:
Mostly brawl?
-64 Nair
-Pancake. Dash.
-Brawl hammer (side special)

Metaknight:
-Plays like roy, but with more jumps?

King Dedede:
-Emphasis on his throw game

Olimar:
Changing tether recovery?

Fox:
Pure melee
-no drillshine/wallshine infinites

Falco:
Mostly melee
-Melee shine, Utilt, Nair
-Brawl jabs, fair

Wolf:
-Ground canceled Shines a la 64
-I think his jabs have been modded, but I'm not sure what was done.

Captain Falcon:
Melee!
-I think SFX were added to sweetspotted knee, but I'm not sure.

Pikachu
-There was talk of 64 Bair
-Not much else?

Pokemon Trainer
-Hasn't been touched yet?

Lucario
-Will not be mewtwo

Jigglypuff
Mostly melee?

Marth
Mostly melee?

Ike
?

Ness
-DJC
-Mostly melee right now?

Lucas
-New neutral B
-Aesthetic changes to Side special
-DJC

G&W
Mostly melee?
-Melee Nair
-Brawl Bair
-Can L-Cancel all aerials
-Has follow-ups to grabs

Snake
-New U-tilt
-Shorter fuse on 'nades

Sonic
-Moonwalk
?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Yeah, a changelist, even a vague one, would be very appreciated. It would prevent a lot of questions and help keep everyone up-to-date so to speak.

It would also be nice if chars that are still WIP had a projected percentage next to their name indicating how far a long they are. But it isn't neccessary.

You should also make mention of buffer because thats another question that I have seen pop up more than once.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yeah, a changelist, even a vague one, would be very appreciated. It would prevent a lot of questions and help keep everyone up-to-date so to speak.

It would also be nice if chars that are still WIP had a projected percentage next to their name indicating how far a long they are. But it isn't neccessary.

You should also make mention of buffer because thats another question that I have seen pop up more than once.
As I said here:
A lot of our ideas don't make it out of testing phase. And even those that do get taken back a lot of times. We're not going to give false impressions on what this project will entail, especially if some of the choices we temporarily make are controversial and will turn people off to the project.
This topic wouldn't move nearly as fast if people stopped asking the same questions everyday. And if this topic didn't move as fast, people could actually see the questions that were asked 18 hours ago and not ask them again.

Alas.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Wait you guys are seriously reverting DK's Kong Spin back to it's Melee incarnation? WTF now he'll be suckish again >.>

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
they've done the crown, actually, but it only works over her green texture.
Yeah, but at least the headband actually is her green texture, so if they finally manage to make it, it won't be a problem.

Oh nice. Also, isn't there an issue with any costume over her... shoot, is it her sleeping hat that freezes the game with a texture on it?
the green hat is the one that causes issues. they have, however, developed a way to load new models over it. unfortunately, they can only load over the sleeping hat.
No no no. Textures can go over the sleep hat, but the textures have to be made with the model that contains her sleep hat.
The issue is caused by the green costume having 2 models while every other costume only has 1 model. Mewtwo2000 figured out a way to rearrange the models and textures inside the .pac file so the costume can be used over any of Jigglypuff's 5 costumes without freezing. You can put any of her non-sleepy hats onto her green costume if you wanted; you just can't put her sleepy hat on a non-green costume. The only way to put new hats onto a non-green costume would be to vertex hack the flower, sunhat, or trainer hat into something else.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I have yet to see his Brawl UpB gain that much vertical height either.

And by Melee UpB, I'm pretty sure they meant the far more superior damage/knockback utility that ManEg mentioned, not a nerf to its recovery abilities (which I'm still not seeing a great deal in vertical gain from anyways).

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
if you guys like the SSBB falco rather than the SSBM one,
i m not going to release it :urg:
No no, please continue! I <3 the Melee beak.

that windmill has been the bane of my smash hacking existence since we started working with it in B+. the thing is ******** as ****. it has to do with collisions and how they act in conjunction with angles. makes me rage hard...
Can't you just make the whole windmill intangible? Maybe let it keep spinning, but in the background. I don't think anyone would complain.

Aegri Somnia

Smash Cadet
Not what I meant.

Look at what happened with Brawl+.

Beta's are simply tests, nothing more. They aren't the solidified, finalized games.

I'll wait until the beta is complete. If it's not finished, it doesn't possess nearly half of the potential.

G

genkaku

Last I heard, squirtle was broken. How exactly?
I like his Brawl+ game very much, I can only imagine his potential in a melee environment.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I don't think we'll do the whole beta thing we did with B+; that is release constant changes. More like bigger, but less often updates. That way you don't have to constantly update but you can still get a feel of what's happening from beta to beta.

Or at least this is how I think it should be done.

Squirt broken in PM? ;o

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
BTW we're not going to start Beta Testing until this game is acceptable by our standards. Which are pretty high.
If the physics from melee are going into this, what exactly is gonna be different from melee other than the graphics

I think in the FAQ section should have a list of what aspects are drawn from melee, and which are drawn from brawl
It kinda does.
Wait you guys are seriously reverting DK's Kong Spin back to it's Melee incarnation? WTF now he'll be suckish again >.>
Being able to move backwards while on the ground and having a strong elbow hit like in Melee sounds better than Brawl Up-B. Everything else about it will be kept the same lol.

Revven

FrankerZ
Plus the Up B (grounded) still has those INCREDIBLE multi-hit hitboxes on it, so it can still pressure shields like mad and if you miss the strong hit you can deal good damage with the multi-hit aspect instead (unlike Melee). That's how it is currently though, no idea if that will change (likely not).

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
well I thought he was gonna have a crappy recovery again. Nice to know it'll stay somewhat mediocre/crappy.

And yes I like the offensive aspects of Melee kong spin better.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
So are there any brand new, character-universal ATs you guys are planning to add? Or have you decided that the Melee/ Brawl ATs are enough... and only character specific ones will be added?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We won't be adding any Advanced Technique that wasn't previously in a Super Smash Bros. game.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Glidetoss was in both Melee and Brawl. RAR was in Brawl. AGT is a product of MAD in Brawl's environment.

94teen

Smash Cadet
Speaking of AGT. Toon link's seemed pretty absurd from Sneak's stream. AGTing a bomb and their shffling a nair to catch is seems pretty good. Is that because Tlinks' physics haven't been modded yet, or is it intended to provide that much aerial mobility?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Toon Link's physics are equal to Young Link in Melee.

BTW 94teen your character changelist was kinda wrong. Haha.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Will Sheik's chain be useful...at all? Last I heard it can't grab edges. =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom