• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Generally yeah, but like cannedbread pointed out, some characters find more use out of their dash grab. JC grab though, is always a safer option.

Vashimus

Smash Master
JCaesar Grab. :D

Samus and Yoshi's dash grab end sooner than their regular ones (though Samus loses some range), but they're obviously not in yet.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Really? Huh, I didn't know that. I always assumed that all dash grabs had more end lag on them, goes to show what I know lol.
I used to exclusively JC grab with Ness but now I dash grab because it extends his range by practically x3 leading to a quicker grab. The recovery at the end, though, is longer if you miss.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Brawl Ness Dash Grab would be OP on any character with a bigger grab range lol

9Kplus1

Smash Master
nah i think bowsers dash grab is bttr
This is true if you're only taking into account the range of the grab. Bowser's dash grab is actually really bad proportionately and because of how vulnerable it leaves him. I can't think of one realistic instance in which Bowser's dash grab has more utility than his JC grab or Koopa Klaw; it's definitely usable, but his other options hashly overshadow it.

Kati

Smash Lord
Does anyone know which portions of sc_selmap and sc_selcharacter are responsible for the SSS and individual pkmn? I wouldn't be surprised if they are the taken care of by codes, but I figure someone else has a much better understanding for these details.

--------
completely different topic but I haven't seen anyone on smashboards talk about this:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59365.0

"extra character slot" = roy/mewtwo now possible?

MVP

Smash Ace
Today is the last day of May. Tomorrow marks the 3 month-anniversary of the Turbo Mode announcement.
Hope.... something will happen....

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh but when GunBlaze reposts it it's cool I see **** you too The Rock
K ya got me

Reposting a repost though doesn't catapult you to the front of the line.

BESIDES who needs any other costumes in the game when we already have Fancy Falcon?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What constitutes low tier btw? Do you guys have a list already formed or a general idea of who sucks enough LOL

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Anyone who thinks they have an accurate personal tier list is kidding themselves

Edit: nvm I see now that was in reference to Oracle's post about low tier city. I think its just something they joke about, idk though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
They released the Wii Family version, which got rid of the Gamecube ports and stuff. Don't remember the mini.

Vashimus

Smash Master
The Mini gets rid of the Gamecube compatibility, SD card slot, AND Wifi support. But at the cost of what.....looking sexy?

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Uh, yea? Don't you remember that the majority of the Wii audience were casual gamers? Looks are a big draw for them. They don't care about that extra usefull stuff, except the WiFi removal is questionable and there were probably a lot of people confused about why their Wii couldn't use the internet.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i prefer those cd drives compared to the one the wii has
i dont like sticking the cd into it and letting it slide into god knows where

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
So like $3?

Like I would *know* the exchange rate off the top of my head. For all I know, Canadians might as well be bartering with Maple Syrup and Stanley Cups.

Oracle

Smash Master
What constitutes low tier btw? Do you guys have a list already formed or a general idea of who sucks enough LOL
People generally consider the characters who do well here (gw ness rob lucas etc) to be bad, as seen in the tier list discussion
characters that suck

like oracle's gaw
Mm me at ltc ill slap you with my meat

And im not even talking about gw's bacon

Vashimus

Smash Master
i prefer those cd drives compared to the one the wii has
i dont like sticking the cd into it and letting it slide into god knows where
Same here. Sure, the laser is exposed with flip-top, but I just don't like the concept of "feeding" the console the disc, dragging it into its dark lair with no definite hope of return. With flip-top, I can play at peace knowing in the event that some wild technological **** just happens to go wrong, I can at least get the disc out without disassembling the thing. It's convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom