• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroid1117

Smash Master
New Youtube/Twitch/anything else I can think of absolutely sucks. I can barely remember the old YouTube anymore though..
The new Gmail is so bad...

Also, does anyone have any idea when the small Brawl character heads will return? It's sort of weird that 64 and Melee have small character heads but not Brawl. In addition, Marth still doesn't have his Brawl head >.>.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I think he's talking about the emoticons. They're kind of weird, in the sense that the ones you don't see in the brawl section are in the melee section, and vice versa.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The best thing about the old Twitch page was the better amount of customizability on the pages (including the banner, which is not present at all on the new page). But the new page does have a larger video player, which trumps any advantages that the old page had.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I just used zoom (Cntrl+) to make it bigger, and it so happens the new twitch usually messes up the player when I do that (so the size gets restricted as only the side-bar things get enlarged). The banner being unavailable doesn't make sense either, I remember YT took off some personal thing like that but like I said I can't remember. It just doesn't make any sense

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The new Gmail is so bad...

Also, does anyone have any idea when the small Brawl character heads will return? It's sort of weird that 64 and Melee have small character heads but not Brawl. In addition, Marth still doesn't have his Brawl head >.>.
Oddly Doc, Roy, and Young Link all have big character heads, and they are only found on a later page (except for Young Link, who also has a small Melee head on the normal Melee page). A lot of heads are missing from every page, and it's really dumb and inconsistent (Falco only has a Melee head, Fox has a 64 and a Brawl head, Samus has a Melee and a Brawl head, and Wario has 2 Brawl heads, just as a few examples). And the damn pages keep auto-switching. It's reeeeeally irritating for TOs. The new smashboards has issues, but this is probably the biggest one to me.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Meh, new format doesn't look that nice yet.
The old Twitch design made a whole lot more sense to me - Not too many people are streaming in 720p+, and not too many people have the bandwidth to watch it at that resolution, so why watch it that large?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
The old Twitch design made a whole lot more sense to me - Not too many people are streaming in 720p+, and not too many people have the bandwidth to watch it at that resolution, so why watch it that large?
Actually, the most important on twitch are (as it turns out, they put more effort into the crowd who's currently contributing to the ~165k viewers on all LoL streams than other crowds), and just as many are using that higher resolution. Not this community, obviously (because you don't get much use out of stretching a 480i screen), but people other than us use it commonly.

Honestly, this new layout is smart. If you're going to have a video/streaming service, there's no reason not to make the player the absolute biggest focal point, seeing how that's sort of why your site exists in the first place.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
It would make more sense if they gave you the option to change the size of the screen, like YouTube. (One of the few things that makes sense on YouTube these days.)

Considering how many people are still livestreaming old games, it's pretty awkward to have to watch it stretched out to 720 width or whatever it's at.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I watch a lot of streams that split the screen into multiple regions, such as speedrunners who have the game, the splits, and their face all visible. The old Twitch was a a good enough size for a full screen game, but when the game is only a portion of the video player size, it's better to have a bigger screen so you can see the game itself better. I used to stick to the old page back when new was optional, but there were certain people who I'd switch to new in order to watch because of their setup.

Also, I think it's nice that the chat stays on the screen if you have to scroll below the video to look at something in the streamer's info page.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
metroid zero mission is a remake of the NES metroid

also, my record for any% speedrun of zero mission is like, 46 minutes.

;w;

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I don't think I could muster the strength to get through a game like Metroid in under 12 hours. Half the rooms look the same and I end up pixel hunting half the time retracing every room for the one block I didn't see the first time around.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
From the sounds of it, you might have only played the first one. Metroid 1 is ridiculously dated.

Yung Mei

yeah metroid one is ass, but at least it gave us the series we have today :3c

except other m

**** other m

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
i havent played the entire metroid 1 but ive been playing almost every other metroid game in the series for the last several months and its been a blast haha. ive also played through several super metroid hacks like redesign and eris 2012 which definitely feel harder than the original but the quality feels like its official. overall super metroid, prime, and zero mission are my favorites. im planning on playing all the other remaining metroid games by the end of this coming summer but that means i'll eventually have to play other m =(

Yung Mei

i own all the metroids except other m, prime 3 and metroid 2 ;w;

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If you want to be so shallow as to think putting it in FPP makes it everything like any other shooter, there's nothing to argue here.

EDIT: I will give you Corruption. It's really linear, beams are stacked so you don't even get weapon variety, battles are ridiculously repetitive, and item variety is weak so you pretty much just shoot everything with charged shots for the entire game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom