• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Try FAT16, dunno what changing the allocation does but try that. Also check for corrupted blocks/errors during or after that process.

Made sure .elf file is on the root (and fully extracted), private folder on the root, no custom stages on the Wii console. If it doesn't work at that point, I can't think of anything else besides IOS being really messed up.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I'm glad people are finding the results archive to be helpful :).

Also, Mew2King used Fox to win SWEET X, but the characters used for both 7th places aren't up yet.
This puts Fox very solidly in the lead then, since he's now won 4 tournaments (most of them quite large in compararison to the others), each with a completely different player behind the character (and in a number of different regions too).

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Only you would want something like that, Kink. I'm just recording data.

Quick question: Does Fox really need a frame 7 move capable of easily killing under 100%?
why would you complain about that when he has a frame one move that can kill much lower than that?
:rotfl: Too funny..... Yeah, Drinking makes a good point, but Leaf actually makes a good point too. Since Fox's usmash is only frame 7, he can WD usmash OoS just as fast or faster than any other character can WD grab OoS (which is usually a major punishment of unsafe attacks on one's shield). The funny thing is that Fox can also WD grab OoS just as fast as everyone else, but why would you grab when you can usmash? :smash:

Edit: Heck, direct usmash OoS is only one frame slower than a "fast" shieldgrab, so some could get by on just usmashing everything. :p

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Why would you grab when you could usmash? idk... when they're low damage? derp

someone please fix my wii it has a case of the stupid
won't install homebrew for whatever reason

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Why would you grab when you could usmash? idk... when they're low damage?
Pretty much this. Upsmashing OoS isn't a bad idea when you're fishing at high percents, but Fox gets so many good, more reliable options off of his throws that it's better to go from there.

C'mon, Bubba. Stop being silly.

Smooth Criminal

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
You know when you open stage builder, then the black screen with white text pops up? Once that screen says "Valid ELF image detected." It just freezes there. Nothing happens after that. It's done that no matter what I've done, both letterbomb and smash stack methods. One time it brought up a bunch of code following it, don't remember what I did that but it froze there anyway so I doubt I was onto anything.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
This stage is ridiculously amazing and should replace Pokemon Stadium forever.

Seriously, just scroll through the screenshots and look at the huge amount of detail on that thing. It's like your traveling throughout the entire Jhoto region in several minutes.
It's a really cool idea, but it needs a bit of polish. The textures look like they came from an N64, and there's not much detail in the polygons. It's really good, but I think some more time needs to be spent on it before I'd really want to see it in Project M.

It could also stand to be a tad smaller. It seems really big, even for a Brawl Stage. With Melee model sizes, it'd be friggin' huge.

JOE!

Smash Hero
He is playing P:M in the video

Also, on a related note: why aren't the likes of Dreamland w/ green green's background the standard for P:M? They have the best of both stages IMO.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
If I give someone (ie a hacking wizard) my Wii's mac address could they like... remotely hack it and put homebrew on it
seriously aggravated at the lack of hackmii installer working on my wii, and pretty much out of new options
also losing the patience to try the same thing over and over again with absolutely no change in results
like why the **** would you tell me a valid ELF image has been detected and then just sit there not doing anything with it

JOE!

Smash Hero
At least Magnezone isn't just 3 of it's pre-evolution glued together.

It's a UFO that shoots lightning bolts and is a physically tough special attacker. It's awesome.

And I always hated lickitung/lickylicky :T

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Except that it is.

Magnezone kind of has no excuse for a crappy design concerning game freak had 3 generations of experience.

Complaining about Gen I designs is always hilarious to me.

Strongest Explosion in the game.
Can you make a team of exploding Lickilickis?

OH GOD LOOOL

"Victini's cute looks have been the source of deception for many players, unaware of its true potential outside its competitively worthless title of 'Legendary'. Indeed, 100 base stats across the board are still solid, but by no means impressive in the current generation of Pokemon."

Base 100 stat totals are now **** tier by current pokemon standards. It's like Yu-Gi-Oh all over again.

RIP Red Eyes

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Except that it is.

Magnezone kind of has no excuse for a crappy design concerning game freak had 3 generations of experience.

Complaining about Gen I designs is always hilarious to me.
Complaining about gen 4+ designs while ignoring gen 1 design is always hilarious to me.
Dugtrio is 3 Digletts.
Magneton is 3 Magnemite, they aren't even technically stuck together, it's literally just 3 Magnemites floating in a triangle pattern.
Poliwrath is an angry Poliwhirl.
etc. etc.

And what exactly is wrong with Magnezone?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
100 Base on everything just means you're too well rounded of a Pokemon. You can have a higher average than quite a few Pokemon, but you won't be able to efficiently use all stats to begin with. If you want a Physical sweeper, SA doesn't matter. If you need more speed, quite a few Pokemon would trade SP Def for it. Etc. You also can't max EV spread on every stat so it's pointless.

If your typing or movepool are good enough though, you can more than manage to be useful. Don't have to be a Pokemon with outrageous stats to be useful: Breloom and Dugtrio Base totals are pretty low.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Complaining about gen 4+ designs while ignoring gen 1 design is always hilarious to me.
Dugtrio is 3 Digletts.
Magneton is 3 Magnemite, they aren't even technically stuck together, it's literally just 3 Magnemites floating in a triangle pattern.
Poliwrath is an angry Poliwhirl.
etc. etc.

And what exactly is wrong with Magnezone?
While completely ignoring two generations after the complete crap shoot that was the first generation. Gen I designs are bad. To say that it's okay to have terrible designs because of this fact is absolutely asinine.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
While completely ignoring two generations after the complete crap shoot that was the first generation. Gen I designs are bad. To say that it's okay to have terrible designs because of this fact is absolutely asinine.
My question is why people complain about those 2 gens and don't dare say a word about the rest, especially gen 1. Bad design is bad design is bad design. At least the generations after 1 are (with a few exceptions) creative. Magnezone is a far better evolution than Magneton, at least IMO.
I'm not even gonna try to defend those idiots.

JKJ

Smash Ace
I like Project:M, don't get me wrong, and I play it often. But there are two main things that bother me.
1. Everything from Melee feels clunky. I can go straight from Melee to P:M, and my Marth and Falco and Fox will mess up techs that I was just doing perfectly in Melee. I notice it most with Falco and Marth. It's weird, Falco feels so slow in P:M, like he's weighted down with something, and he just feels so goshdarn CLUNKY.
2. I don't particularly like the way that every new addition to the Melee roster has become a gimmicky character. By this, I mean that each character has an obnoxious strategy that is over-centralizing to his gameplay. Examples:
Lucario's OHC system
ZSS Stun Gun and tether recovery
Rob's side-b air movement shenanigans
Squirtle's Shell Shifting
Diddy's Bananas
Ivysaur's....everything His g*****n vertical chasing seed thing and his f***ing shield-eating Razor leaf not to mention his easy as all hell recovery, talk about taking skill out of the game
Snake and his insanely obnoxious array of death projectiles
Sonic's side-b
Zelda's side-b
Ike's side b (to a lesser extent now than in 2.1)
etc.

The game is still fun and competitive, I just wish that the developers shifted more towards giving characters better overall moves and options, instead of giving characters one or two incredibly useful moves or tactics and basically saying "Hey, here's the amazing move, ABUSE IT". Give the characters good moves, the rest will come in time. The characters right now (most of the new ones) just feel infuriating and silly. I cannot stand, for instance, Lucario, as he takes (sorry for the people I will offend) little to no effort to combo with. My friend likes to spam buttons, and now that he plays Lucario in P:M, he thinks that it is a good strategy to mash A and the c-stick. And you know what I find most saddening? HE'S RIGHT. Not that I lose to him, he sucks, but a player with more spacing and mindgames could easily open me up and hit me with a "faceroll" combo. And my friend will constantly say after getting an easy 50% on me after I eat one dash attack, "That was a good combo right?" and I have to resist the urge to go into the files for P:M and somehow remove Lucario from the game.

And I get this feeling with plenty of characters.

All in all, the game isn't unbalanced, at least, I don't think so, but it's just so gimmicky. Move away from gimmicks, please, make the characters inherently better, don't give them ridiculously stupid gimmicks to power them up.

I'll probably get a lot of hate for this, who cares. I was just playing a long P:M session with my friends recently and was getting very annoyed (not that I was losing) and I started to realize why.

-Ran

Smash Master
Or is it because the characters are new, so people are trying to exploit the immediate things they notice about the new characters? I can assure you, there's a ton more to ZSS than just her stun gun, and there's certainly more to Snake than just his mediocre projectiles.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If a Snake player isn't using Upb like a madman, he's doin it wrong.

JKJ

Smash Ace
I agree about ZSS, she's one of the less potent examples. But Lucario? Come on. And I know there's more to Snake but what is reasonable about a stationary, constant vertical killing move covering a part of the stage? Or an infinitely controllable risk free edgeguarding killing move? His grenades are fine, but his other projectiles are silly. And yeah, his up-b hitbox is annoying, but whatever.
And Zelda's aerial stationary hitboxes? That just stay there? That's not gimmicky?
The main ones that I stand by are Lucario, Snake, and Zelda, but the rest aren't much better. Oh, and Ivysaur. God, Ivysaur....
and squirtle's f***ing bubble spikes. Silly stuff that takes no precision or risk.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
And fox/falco/jiggs/sheik don't have overcentralizing things like that?

Also if a ROB is using side-b aerials more than gyro, he's doing something wrong.
side-b wavelanding however, that's the tech of the future
just nobody else has caught onto it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom