• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm pretty sure that SSE:J has permanent walls. I also don't see how you can successfuly circle camp on Hyrule against any competent player, but like I said, my reasons are personal. Actually, I would think that 'circle camping' is easier on SSE Jungle with certain chars, thanks to how those high plats are positioned (and how big all of them are).
That video was quite possibly the worst example of camping I have ever seen in my life. You just said "black is my favorite color, here's a picture of it" and instead of showing me a picture at all, you did a handstand and ate a pineapple.

That is the only equivalent I can think of that is adequately far removed from what you intended to show that acceptably articulates how bad an example a Fox holding towards a Charizard for 4 minutes is for camping out the timer.

SSE Jungle is also literally incapable of allowing Circle camping in any sense of the word as there is no circle present.

I have come to the conclusion that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Also, if you can't recognize Fox's potential for camping on SSE Jungle, then I don't know what to tell you. It's just really clear. Admittedly, PP didn't camp a lot, but there were certain choice instances (I don't know, maybe you looked away from your computer for a couple seconds, lolz) where it was clear that PP was playing defensively and DD camping, but not too far away, with Zard by the ledge. At that point, he could have EASILY just said "See ya!" and zipped to the other side of the stage, shooting lasers the whole way. If you really can't recognize this possibility, then I may have overestimated how "cool" you really are. :smash:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I told you the secret

The dirty, filthy secret

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Back when 2.1 came out, I was still a beginner at the game, and I played a lot more Sheik, one of my more skillful friends came along with Ike. I couldn't beat him.........anywhere. Then SSE Jungle was chosen by Random. I 2-stocked him. He demanded to take me back to that stage, and he did so until he won, but alas, he never did. Why? Because I transformed into a cheap little mother****er who stopped caring anymore. I blatantly just ran away and threw needles. When he got close, I did a little jab here, a little throw there, and then I IMMEDIATELY ran to the other side of the stage. The way those platforms are positioned also made it way too easy, with Sheik's plat mobility. The MU turned from probably bad for Ike to why the heck are we playing here? It didn't help that needles completely shut down long distance QDs (and they probably do it even harder now, lolz). :smash:

There's no question. SSE Jungle should only be legal for doubles. The same goes for Hyrule Castle. I just personally like Hyrule more. The same could possibly be argued for RF (and mabye maybe maaaaybeeee DC), but I don't think it's as bad as SSE or HC. Like, c'mon man! :smash::smash::smash:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Also, if you can't recognize Fox's potential for camping on SSE Jungle, then I don't know what to tell you. It's just really clear. Admittedly, PP didn't camp a lot, but there were certain choice instances (I don't know, maybe you looked away from your computer for a couple seconds, lolz) where it was clear that PP was playing defensively and DD camping, but not too far away, with Zard by the ledge. At that point, he could have EASILY just said "See ya!" and zipped to the other side of the stage, shooting lasers the whole way. If you really can't recognize this possibility, then I may have overestimated how "cool" you really are. :smash:
Look, I hate to pull the seniority card but I've been camping in tournaments since 2004. I personally got half a dozen stages banned in my local region, even with the kishes who are as strict with bannings as I am. When I say "this deserves further review", I'm not pulling things out of thin air.

Hyrule Castle, a melee stage typically used as an example of "what a banned stage is", has a very literal circle. What happens is Fox (generally) shoots you with a few lasers and gets a small % ahead. He then runs below or above you. If you chase him, he keeps going. If you turn around, he turns around. Because the distance is so far removed, it is literally impossible to catch him.

The area in question is in the upper left:

To make matters worse, part of this "circle" is known as a "cave of life". A cave of life is a place where you are nearly surrounded by techable surfaces, preventing being knocked out of the area and thus losing a stock. This allows a Fox with a stock lead to run around in a circle and, even if they somehow get in trouble, are able to camp in that cave of life and simply trade hits with the opponent and neither of them dying. This runs the timer and gives Fox an even larger circle camping advantage than before.

SSE Jungle very clearly does not have this circle. You push the Fox to the edge and at this point he is above you (bad for him) and close to the blast zones both vertical and horizontal (bad for him). In any other context this would be considered a weak position. You consider it strong because you believe the possibility of him simply leaving to the other side is guaranteed. I do not believe this is the case, seeing as how I just played a dozen matches on the stage and saw that it wasn't.

I also found that if you do get past them to the other side of the stage, you are then put in the exact same scenario.

I get that Fox can run away and laser. This is not a bad thing. This is a natural extension of his character and it shouldn't be taken away because you don't "like it".

Watch these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7f5_7yz8Ow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGWdb0db5yA

These are legitimate matches.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Look, I hate to pull the seniority card but I've been camping in tournaments since 2004. I personally got half a dozen stages banned in my local region, even with the kishes who are as strict with bannings as I am. When I say "this deserves further review", I'm not pulling things out of thin air.

Hyrule Castle, a melee stage typically used as an example of "what a banned stage is", has a very literal circle. What happens is Fox (generally) shoots you with a few lasers and gets a small % ahead. He then runs below or above you. If you chase him, he keeps going. If you turn around, he turns around. Because the distance is so far removed, it is literally impossible to catch him.

The area in question is in the upper left:

To make matters worse, part of this "circle" is known as a "cave of life". A cave of life is a place where you are nearly surrounded by techable surfaces, preventing being knocked out of the area and thus losing a stock. This allows a Fox with a stock lead to run around in a circle and, even if they somehow get in trouble, are able to camp in that cave of life and simply trade hits with the opponent and neither of them dying. This runs the timer and gives Fox an even larger circle camping advantage than before.

SSE Jungle very clearly does not have this circle. You push the Fox to the edge and at this point he is above you (bad for him) and close to the blast zones both vertical and horizontal (bad for him). In any other context this would be considered a weak position. You consider it strong because you believe the possibility of him simply leaving to the other side is guaranteed. I do not believe this is the case, seeing as how I just played a dozen matches on the stage and saw that it wasn't.

I also found that if you do get past them to the other side of the stage, you are then put in the exact same scenario.

I get that Fox can run away and laser. This is not a bad thing. This is a natural extension of his character and it shouldn't be taken away because you don't "like it".

Watch these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7f5_7yz8Ow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGWdb0db5yA

These are legitimate matches.
Overswarm, I think Bubba is referring to Hyrule Castle 64, not Hyrule Temple.

EDIT: Get ninja'd, Vashimus :p.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
bubba is dumb. How does Fox stand a better shot at camping the crap out of SSE:J than he does on FD, or PS2? Explain that to me.

He doesn't. He has to go through them to get to the other side. If you try to go over them, you have no solid ground to land on up there, and therefore will get your landing punished. You certainly can't circle camp it. There's no permanent walls. The stage doesn't transform, random or otherwise. There's not even any hazards. It's not really a bad stage. It's just... different. People will probably try to ban it for being different, but unless over-centralizing strategies crop up, which you have not illustrated, it should remain a legit, legal stage.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
He camps the crap out of it the same way he camps on FD, lolz! What do you mean "no solid ground"? Do you actually play the stage? There are platforms. Fox is really good with platforms, and you act like Fox can't just nair > shine through you. You can 'circle camp' on SSE:J the same way you can on HC (you can't). Heck, even on stages as small as BF or stages without platforms, like FD, Foxes have succesfully camped out slower opponents. You can't tell me that he won't be able to do it easily on something as big as SSE. If people are already ready to be icky about RF, then there's no question that SSE:J should be banned, simply no question. :smash:

Edit: You gotta be consistent. If you think RF is too big, then definitely ban HC and SSE:J. If you think YS shouldn't be a starter because the main stage is too small and the blastzones are as well, then make sure that DL64 isn't a starter because it's too big and the blastzones most definitely are as well. We can't be playing favorites with our stage list because that completely counteracts THE POINT of a competitive stage list, complete with neutrals and CPs.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Nobody said you can circle camp on Hyrule Castle, I said you can circle camp on Hyrule Temple. Hyrule Temple is literally the definition of a circle camping stage, do you understand what circle camping is?

If you're playing as Fox on FD, and you just nair/shine through your opponent every time you need to in order to get to the other side of the stage and continue lasering, that's not circle camping. It's not even camping. It's you playing keep away, and ****ting on your opponent every time he gets near. If you think SSE:J is a bad stage cuz such a strategy is possible, you should just ban every stage in the game, cuz fox is always capable of nair/shining through his opponents to get to the other side.

Also, who said anything about Rumble Falls? I don't think it's too big, but I do think camping would probably more effective there. I dunno, I don't have much experience on that stage. I'm certainly not being inconsistent, because I never said it should be banned. What are you even talking about, bubba?

bubbaking

Smash Hero
No, you didn't say anything about Hyrule Temple, because we were talking about Hyrule Castle, because I brought it up. :glare:

I think you're assuming far too much, Bubba.

Smooth Criminal
Perhaps, but I'm going by standards already set by Melee. Besides, Fox is quite literally a tame example. What are you going to do about a Sonic on that stage? Nobody answered that question when DMG brought it up and I'm interested to hear what people have to say. Pit, Falco, and Wolf also come to mind, but there are probably even better examples than that. You don't play with the people I do. Some of the people I play with will very deliberately go to time. I also play Brawl, lolz. Heck, I went Squirt against this Jiggs and he tried to time me out from the get-go.

Perhaps everyone else is "assuming far too much" by thinking that both of the two players playing are going to want to actually approach each other. Oh, and how did I forget about Diddy? Pull out two bananas, set up camp, and fire some peanuts.

#Brawl

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Also, who said anything about Rumble Falls? I don't think it's too big, but I do think camping would probably more effective there. I dunno, I don't have much experience on that stage. I'm certainly not being inconsistent, because I never said it should be banned. What are you even talking about, bubba?
Pay attention to the convo because I didn't even bring that one up. :p I personally think RF is fine. Camping isn't more effective there, IMO, because of the plat layout and the fact that it's just smaller. I'd rather face Sonic there than on SSE: Jungle.

You be consistent by looking at the most serious offenders first. I didn't even bring up the whole camping issue, but whoever did (read the convo) brought up RF simultaneously (and SSE:J, I believe). No one should be banning RF before SSE:J and HC. SSE:J is the largest and HC is still really large and has very advantageous PS1 fire phase-like qualities. If you think those are banworthy, then you move on to RF.

I was never directing that at you. That was always a general statement, but no less than three people in this thread have already gone on Personal Attack Mode to say "Bubba is stupid" or something along those lines without even paying attention to context. How immature can this thread get? :glare:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Umm, we WERE talking about Hyrule Temple though. I said "SSE:J is big, but it's not Hyrule Temple or anything" and then YOU said "I'm actually more fine with Hyrule Temple than I am with SSE Jungle, but my reasons are probably only personal. :p"

So... you fail....

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
That video was quite possibly the worst example of camping I have ever seen in my life. You just said "black is my favorite color, here's a picture of it" and instead of showing me a picture at all, you did a handstand and ate a pineapple.

That is the only equivalent I can think of that is adequately far removed from what you intended to show that acceptably articulates how bad an example a Fox holding towards a Charizard for 4 minutes is for camping out the timer.

SSE Jungle is also literally incapable of allowing Circle camping in any sense of the word as there is no circle present.

I have come to the conclusion that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Welcome to arguing with Bubbaking, Overswarm.

Can I get you anything? Aspirin? A glass of water?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
ok guys seriously
i know this is some kind of conspiracy now
everyone who made YT tutorials
every one who claims to have modded their wii
they're all in on it
the files I have on my SD card were never meant to work
it's some kind of sick joke devised for years to specifically target me
and make me think I had a chance of installing **** on my wii
by getting me to a screen that makes me think it's working
and then freezing there
a dozen times
but really what the hell am I doing wrong

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
It's pretty old, not exactly sure how old, wanna say I got it within 2 years of the wii coming out.

Either way I've got version 4.3u, whatever that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom