• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Did you smell it?

:phone:
no, I don't know what Canola oil is suppose to smell like normally. Olive oil should be good to replace it for everything right? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do what you told me about the Yakisoba thing, I'm still wondering what I do with the Garlic (Do I eat the whole thing? Do i eat the whole thing or am I suppose to eat the inside or wtf?)

SpiderMad

Smash Master
So that means I eat the whole thing? I haven't cut an onion either

Again this is what I'm talking about, I think I'm going to eat the Yakisoba with the "Stir fry"

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Good music choice until the flowering night got angry.

After d-smash do fly nair or fly whatever but especially fly nair.

Nair more in general. It's a frame 4 move with a disjoint the size of two jigglypuffs. I oversell the move but bluntly stated that is just a fact of it.

[collapse= Frame 4]
[/collapse]

SpiderMad

Smash Master
That guy has a nice Squirtle. Yeah Yakisoba is usually better than the other Ramen noodle things, and I added a corn dog. You weren't kidding about adding the mushrooms last Spiffy, a lot of them turned black cus i forgot. Thanks guys, I might add cheese slices to it next time

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
Ok, I can kinda understand adding the corn dog even though I'm a vegetarian, but for the sake of my sanity please tell me you're not going to make that with cheese next time. :urg:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Cheese doesn't go with the dish or you just don't like animal products? I mean it was a whole bunch of Broccoli, which usually goes with cheese when it's like the soup and stuff. Something was missing from the dish to make the noodles go with the vegetables, the sauce packet they gave me didn't really fix it either.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
I eat dairy sometimes, I just think cheese would be pretty gross with that. You could try stirring in the noodles for a minute at the end. It's called stir-fry for a reason, yeah? It helps all the flavors mix, and noodles always taste better after they've been cooked in oil. Onion, celery, shredded carrots, red pepper flakes/cayenne powder, and/or black pepper would not go amiss either, so if you have any of those, toss em in.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
Could someone critique these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXHTzDHBjYA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfyce4WknfQ

I'm cluelesslink, and me and my friends have been working hard.
Wolf: gotta work on waveland laz0rz and sweetspotting the ledge. Once you've got those you're ready to master the most important Wolf AT: shine spam. Need an OOS option? Shine. Need a combo? Shine. Too lazy to press other buttons? Shine. Shine? Shine.

Tink: Your Tink actually seems better than your Falcon. I think arrows might be more valuable in that matchup than rangs, but other than that, solid.

Falcon: Whiffed knees are worth throwing out once in a while, but raptor boost is even riskier for less reward. Also, always tech away from DK imo. That down-b is silly, and the sooner you get out of it the better.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Man, I know I won't be able to follow the conversation here, since so many people post here, but I have a, I believe, a very interesting tidbit that I think should be discussed.

We know that tether characters can only grab the ledge so many times with their tether (without touching the ground) until they can't any more. This makes sense considering the pros you get from having a tether recovery. However, why isn't this the same with grabbing the ledge too? I mean, don't make it as little as the tether amount, but how about twice as much? I think this game design could help out the competitive scene overall; instead of worrying about a character's campability on ledge (and tweeking them accordingly), make the ledge game an inherently short/small part of the game (forcing players to be on stage when fighting). Characters like Melee Sheik and Brawl MK we so good when on the ledge (MK so good that there was a ledge limit rule put into rulesets).

Thoughts? I'll try to follow as best I can.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Could someone critique these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXHTzDHBjYA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfyce4WknfQ

I'm cluelesslink, and me and my friends have been working hard.
Well first off, your battlefield has brawl platforms and brawl camera, along with your other stage hacks. You should only be getting PM stage textures from here.

Anyways, I think you could work on your general basic movement. You don't really dashdance or wavedash very much for spacing and mindgames and i don't see you wavelanding on platforms either. The general mindgames could be improved, but that comes with time and experience.

Wolf: Use more waveland lasers. They're really good for controlling space and approaching. Your general pressure game needs to be tighter. Work on utiltizing shine a lot more and it's follow-ups after using it. Just work on your basic techskill and watch some wolf videos and copy things like what silentwolf and chillin do.

Toon Link: Pretty decent, but you need to know when use projectiles and when not to. Also, only pull and throw bombs from the air to keep yourself mobile. Also work on utilizing AGT throw forward a bit more in both recovery and projectile game. You also could work on your general projectile follow-ups as you seem to just throw projectile to spam but never to combo out of (eg. bomb -> dair). Work on your followups after dthrow- something super bread n butter is to go for a usmash after dthrow at low% for more damage and to pop them up higher for a uair string or an upb. Otherwise, you're doing pretty well for the most part.

I can't really comment on zard or falcon but the general movement thing applies to them too.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Super Smash Bros Project: M(elee)
not
Super Smash Bros Project: M(ake everything work according to my biased definitions of fair)
I see.
Ummm.
I don't think it's my perception of 'fair' as it is my perception of what the gameplay should be focused on - I did posit to keep the ability of ledge characters, because that'll give them an advantage overall; I simply just stated a design feature that would only affect a very small amount of circumstances, but make the stage game the focus.
Camping/stalling are already tactics that are (attempted to be) removed via the rulesets we make in Melee and Brawl, and ledge camping/stalling would fit into that. If it's already something that we're trying to avoid, how is seeing it all the way through bad?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I could reword it to just include that entire first sentence of yours in the second set of parenthesis but it would practically mean the same thing so just assume you can figure out what I mean on your own.

The 30 second limit is literally there to prevent you from accidentally double posting.
Exactly what I was asking... why would it even let me double post, then tell me AFTER I double post that I can't post again because of the stupid 30 second limit.
Even if that limit worked right 30 seconds is way too much. You don't need but ~10-15 to stop double posting.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
I could reword it to just include that entire first sentence of yours in the second set of parenthesis but it would practically mean the same thing so just assume you can figure out what I mean on your own.
I sure do. lol
Having things to value within competition isn't inherently a bias, however. Especially if it can be discussed.
As I mentioned, as a community we have already decided that we don't want the focus on camping/stalling. My suggestion would just be an extension of this.

A simple question we can ask ourselves from a game design perspective: Is having a game designed to focus on player vs player, on a neutral ground, a bad thing?

Making things work like melee IS a biased definition of fair.
^This as well. While I agree that Melee is superior to the other Smash games, and be the basis for future ones, it should only be that: a basis. This is an opportune situation we find ourselves in to have a whole community and the dev team working together to make a game. And by trying to just copy&paste Melee into Brawl would be heavy misuse of this opportunity to do some balancing of the game - creating more competitive depth and variety.
If Melee 2.0 is what you want, that's fine. But I think we're trying to improve Melee.
If Melee 2.0 is what nearly all of us want, I don't want to be a part of the process.

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
Simple question better asked, why would you focus on taking things away when you could be contributing to the addition of new ideas?

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Or more of a standard to go by before we start to try experimenting with fair.
I think the standard has been met. We've moved on to 'experimenting with fair.'

Simple question better asked, why would you focus on taking things away when you could be contributing to the addition of new ideas?
Simply, a reason to take things away would be because they break balance.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
PMBR doesn't appear to be satisfied with this as the standard, there are plenty of things they clearly want to fix. This is assuming they would even want to experiment with anything once they've reached that point.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Though I doubt anyone still cares, I have some examples of power sets available if anybody is interested in that marvel game lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom