• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
SB better win so I look good as he's the only person I lose to >_> lol.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Noooo axe :( You and okami have to make AZ proud and 2-0 everyone else in the bracket!

Oh, does anyone know where the maritime/minty/mars projects are now?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Can someone refresh me on what is the best port to pick (in P:M/Brawl and then in Melee)?

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
That PM list is pretty jank. No Armada or Metroid. And I'd like to see NickRiddle and Doom! since they took out Hbox at a FL tourny, but I don't think they went to Apex.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Maybe some of them declined or couldn't make it??

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
^ Pretty much that. We didn't even want to have any PMBR in the tourney originally, but due to declines and non-arrivals we had to fill in some spots to keep the level of competition high.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wow wtf Reflex, going in deep apparently. WARIO OP gonna be the new thing I bet.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I haven't been following the Social Thread lately, and I apologize if this question has been asked too many times. Where are the Apex 2013 P:M singles recordings being uploaded? What channel and when? Please and thanks.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Oh snap! Hbox vs Vwins. That would be so hype.....if it was still 2.1 Lucario. :troll:

Can someone refresh me on what is the best port to pick (in P:M/Brawl and then in Melee)?
In Melee, a certain port's starting position depends on the stage and the best port is probably dependent on which port your opponents picks. In P:M and vBrawl, it really doesn't matter, I believe. The beginning stage positions depend on the # of players (and I think they change every match too).

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
So Reflex is wrecking the competition so far, his last match he wen 3-0 vs Kage. So I guess he could make it to Apex after all?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah I saw his FB status a bit ago about not being able to go, maybe something good happened. He's had a history of like the WORST car luck I've ever seen.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I believe P:M has vBrawl's port priority. It affects different things than Melee's port priority and was opposite in order. I think Melee gave highest port priority to Player 1, so vBrawl/P:M gave that priority to Player 4. Melee's port priority affected who grabbed who in a perfect 'grab trade'. P:M/vBrawl port priority controls who goes flying when both players in a 'grab situation' get hit at the same time. This is why Snake will get blown up (and the opponent will stay where he is) when holding an opponent near a grenade if he's the higher port, even if he's further away from the grenade than the person he's holding. Likewise, if he's the lower port, he'll stay where he is while the opponent gets blown up. Port priority is most important for chars like Snake and the Links, who can hurt themselves with their explosives, and Kirby and MK (in teams) since their uthrows can automatically KO the opponent at any % with no risk to themselves when teamed with Snake (or the Links if the opponent is holding a bomb).

Edit: Which char is Reflex playing? Wario? Ivy? Squirt? ..............Zard? :smash:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom