• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
There you go. You all want people to stop complaining about Game, give him his melee Dthrow. Problem solved :/

EDIT: OH, and I'm a brawl G&W player.

EDIT 2: And I also think Watch is good enough in P:M. But melee's dthrow would still be nice... js

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
People's obsession with Melee dthrow when Uthrow is that and a bag of chips is really freaking odd.

Is it THAT odd to have to hit up instead of down lol.

Or do people like having redundant throws.

shanus

Smash Hero
So what if like, Ike's side-b became more of just a long distance movement option rather than something that really just serves to OMG RUSH IN WITH FAIR/BAIR/JC GRAB AAAAAGGH! and it wasn't jump cancelable but instead was dash cancelable. It makes more sense that a CHARGEABLE COMMAND DASH would be dash cancelable but ya'know making sense isn't the point. idk if it would be strictly a buff or a nerf or pretty much neutral as he would lose and gain options, such as losing the ability to do quick turnaround approachs, turnaround grabs while sliding, reverse usmashes while sliding, but he'd gain mobility over more of the stage, and be able to cancel into a dash off platforms/edges and cancel into different weird thing like a dash attack or an fsmash, while taking a frame longer to do anything that requires a jump since he'll have to spend at least a frame dashing to then cancel the dash into a jump (I think?) without the ability to turn around jump and keep momentum.

It's more of a design change than a buff or nerf I think really but it makes more sense tbh
but don't mind me just throwing out ideas, I wouldn't be surprised if PMBR had already considered this, but it's possible they hadn't since dash cancelable things didn't appear til they gave it to ZSS
but **** if ike ever got this I would't even ****ing care if they nerfed his sword to have the length of a dildo I'd still main that badass
ZSS had dash cancelled blaster in our builds for over 2 years ;-)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
People's obsession with Melee dthrow when Uthrow is that and a bag of chips is really freaking odd.

Is it THAT odd to have to hit up instead of down lol.

Or do people like having redundant throws.
It wasn't that redundant. Look at Mario: Melee G^W throws followed that pretty much, although the Dthrow bounce wouldn't CG as long as Mario could iirc or had higher knockback growth or something along those lines. I'm OK with it being grouped together, but to say it's redundant is a bit inaccurate. Part of it is that I'm not a fan of flooring throws to begin with. The "allure" of being able to punish a tech roll with DACUS should not be the basis of the throw being that way to begin with, and I feel like that's what people sell it on instead of it being a strong addition to his throw game.

Simply put, his Dthrow was a great throw. Very similar to Mario's Dthrow, maybe slightly weaker or CG'd for less damage (and possibly more end lag on the throw for G%W?). I'd prefer it somewhere in pure form, and I'd definitely prefer it to Uthrow because his Fthrow and Bthrow can somewhat act like Uthrow as far as how high they release and what followups you'd have.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
I love it when someone finishes my refrences. :cool:

Anyway, can someone tell me what exactly makes Marth:M better than melee Marth. Something about him just feels better.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Didn't wolf have a dash cancelled shine for a while as well?

DF that Ike idea makes me cringe, QD turn around haven't even been utilized on ledges to be extra cool yet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE7PH6WJikkt
That would still work, it would just require the extra input of dashing backwards as you reach the ledge, and the timing would be more strict since dash momentum would carry you away from the ledge during jumpstart, but you could still do that and only lose a frame
and think of all the other things you WOULD be able to do if he could
hypotheticals only of course
can't be goin' an' suggestin' none a' that nonsense, suggestin's are fer unloyal pmbr haters

I love it when someone finishes my refrences. :cool:

Anyway, can someone tell me what exactly makes Marth:M better than melee Marth. Something about him just feels better.
side-b RBR adds mobility, dair has less landing lag, a useless dacus
uuuhhh?
what else did marth:m gain? nothing I'm guessing?

MaxThunder

PM Support
It wasn't that redundant. Look at Mario: Melee G^W throws followed that pretty much, although the Dthrow bounce wouldn't CG as long as Mario could iirc or had higher knockback growth or something along those lines. I'm OK with it being grouped together, but to say it's redundant is a bit inaccurate. Part of it is that I'm not a fan of flooring throws to begin with. The "allure" of being able to punish a tech roll with DACUS should not be the basis of the throw being that way to begin with, and I feel like that's what people sell it on instead of it being a strong addition to his throw game.

Simply put, his Dthrow was a great throw. Very similar to Mario's Dthrow, maybe slightly weaker or CG'd for less damage (and possibly more end lag on the throw for G%W?). I'd prefer it somewhere in pure form, and I'd definitely prefer it to Uthrow because his Fthrow and Bthrow can somewhat act like Uthrow as far as how high they release and what followups you'd have.
if i'm to believe magus, it would be redundant with the new up-throw...

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I think the point is that with his old dthrow AND uthrow, nothing would be redundant. It's impossible for a 'hybrid throw' to CG/combo what old G&W could before with two separate throws, hence the Mario example. One throw is for FFers and the other is for everyone else. How pissed would everyone be if you 'hybridized' Mario's throws or the throws of anyone else who has that throw combination? It would do pretty much the same thing.

I feel like his DB combos much better in P:M than it did in Melee, not as good as vBrawl obviously, but better than it did in Melee, especially on FFers.

Magus420

Smash Master
Mario does not have G&W's up-b that can combo even the floatiest and heaviest of characters at the top of the screen into a DJ n-air (melee d-throw n-air doesn't even combo floaties unless they are also lightweight btw), or an u-smash that kills FFers before the u-throw CG ends =/

When you can match or exceed the damage output and KO setup potential with the current u-throw/G&W with the exception of a half dozen characters at very low damage, it is mostly redundant. Grounding d-throw isn't amazing or anything, but it does at least provide more unique options off a grab, that becomes noticeably better when near edges and on platforms.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
<JCaesar>Count here
<JCaesar>JC vs Leffen right now
---
<JCaesar>Welp
<JCaesar>JC JV 4 stocked leffen
<GHNeko>LOL
<GHNeko>WHAT
<GHNeko>LEFFRAUD