• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
You're using the nade just to... turn around? There are like 2 ways to turn around and grab out of a run in P:M, it's not necessary to go to such lengths as reversing a grenade and shield grabbing. I think that's what you were saying you were doing, at least...
I think he's doing neutral b -> other direction, basically during the pulling of the nade

:phone:
yee, basically i just dash, pullout a nade and turn around at the same time

not shield grabbing tho, but doing a grab while holding the nade

on that note, IIRC vanilla Snake had this thing where he could Immediately shield when he lands on the ground when he pulls a grenade in midair

can he still do that in PM?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I was only annoyed by the points where BombsAway would retreat into bombs instead of just moving forward a little bit to get under them.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
@Phootbag

I must admit I found that funny. I wasn't even sure if I was mindgaming or not...I'd like to think I was. Or maybe he just became too annoyed to think in that MU.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Took me while checking the info but I'm very happy about the changes made for Pit and Zard.
Pit's been becoming pretty good in my hands but I had been noticing his killing moves coming out as awkward to hit and perform despite their deadly potential. But glad these have been addressed. (Also glad Down-Tilt has no VBrawl-functions back too) Might have to get adjusted on new glide tho...

Revven

FrankerZ
If that's linked to show us Crew Mode wasn't working, it's because you were using a tag at the time where either the fix for it wasn't there or Okami hadn't updated since the fix had been made. :V

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
If that's linked to show us Crew Mode wasn't working, it's because you were using a tag at the time where either the fix for it wasn't there or Okami hadn't updated since the fix had been made. :V
Is crew mode done then or is there more to do or be added to it?

JOE!

Smash Hero
I think it was linked to show that Boozer needs anti-grab armor.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Or maybe he just needs better ways to keep people from getting all up on him so easily any time he makes basically any move. And better ways to put the opponent in a bad position rather than having to charge in and hope armor does the job. Armor and power are nice, but generally not as useful as they could be unless he's already got them somewhere they don't want to be and have to fight their way out of it. His improved reach helps with this, but not enough, I don't think.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Random thought
in the true spirit of the spacie/falcon hybrid he is, wolf's side-b ending animation needs to have his knee out when he reaches the sweetspot in tribute to the captain
People already see it as his equivalent finisher to falcon's knee anyways. Should give it a taunt easter egg as well just for ****s and giggles.

Oracle

Smash Master
Or maybe he just needs better ways to keep people from getting all up on him so easily any time he makes basically any move. And better ways to put the opponent in a bad position rather than having to charge in and hope armor does the job. Armor and power are nice, but generally not as useful as they could be unless he's already got them somewhere they don't want to be and have to fight their way out of it. His improved reach helps with this, but not enough, I don't think.
Yeah maybe we should give him a 4 frame move with invincibility so he can beat grabs

oh wait

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I have an idea for MK. Have Neutral-B do 999% on one hit and have the rest of his moves make him helpless fall through the stage. Im I a genius gaiz?

...any streaming tonight?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
There wasn't any point or statement I was trying to make about balance or crew mode not working I just thought the **** was funny so I posted it. The Bowser is me. I think Bowser is okay the way he is and doesn't need any anti-grab armor or anything like that, that's ridiculous, And I obviously got outplayed by a better player, with more experience in P:M, Melee, and a better character.

I just think it's funny to watch how helpless my attempt was and the fact that it took me 6 stocks to get rid of a single stock.

It was so hard, man lol

JOE!

Smash Hero
>Better player, Dthrowed you to lol %
>Better character, isn't the point of the mod to not have clear better characters?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
>Better player, Dthrowed you to lol %
>Better character, isn't the point of the mod to not have clear better characters?
No, the point is to give bad characters the tools to compete.

And I couldve DI'd the throw away from him I just didn't know at the time and even after he told me I was still too afraid to put myself in the position to be edgeguarded because his execution was better than mine.

To be fair, If he didn't dthrow me Bowser could have done equally as gay things to him, it was legit, He's one of the best melee players in AZ and I'm just some brawler who only plays P:M @ smashfests. So yeah he was most definitely better =)

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Only replying to these 'cause I read them when I entered the thread. Not gonna bother catching up, but I do miss the competitive Pokemon discussions. :awesome:

Yoshi, because I'm really curious to see how they buff him. He's been a barely-viable mid tier every game, and I wanna see how P:M makes him compete. Plus he's so fun to play. Who doesn't love Yoshi?
You have a very interesting notion of "mid tier".....

Anything to Uair isn't really a combo with Dedede but the move is so massive and long-lasting that it can reliably trump most Dairs.

Because who needs combos when you can just beat nearly everything your opponent does?
Yeah, I wish DDD could just beat nearly everything his opponent does. Just faced Guru's DDD in tournament and there isn't much he can do to fast chars who force him to shield.

Nope. We're going to make MK terrible trash-tier just to spite everyone. :troll:

No but seriously, just be patient! All these unreleased characters will be out when we feel they are ready. :p
It sounds an awful lot to me like you're trying to stifle us every time a little speculation is brought up. I mean, I know it's bad to draw conclusions from anything that's unconfirmed, but isn't this a general P:M discussion thread where we can talk about anything?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Considering the question was "Will Metaknight be good?" it wasn't really much of a discussion.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
Glad you guys changed red Ivy. It was hard to tell your Solar charge with that white bulb.

Isn't Master Cup stage an aesthetic change, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom